IGNORED

Gordon Ramsay on cocaine.....TV programme.

Tipps69

I’m just watching the first episode on catch-up & as someone who has grown up around friends who did this shit & as someone who has ran pubs in the past & known about the amount of this shit that has been done in the pubs I have run in Bedminster, Yeovil, Poole, Portsmouth & Burnham-On-Sea amongst other places, for Ramsay to get the open realisation that this shit is being done throughout his own restaurants in England by his own staff & his customers has made him & I guess the watching public realise just how much of a norm it is for this shit to be done.

He spent a Thursday afternoon in Bournemouth with a traffic cop, they caught 2 people while on the school run who had ‘coke’ in their system, one of these 2 had their 2 kids in the car, the other was on his way to pick his kid up!! It’s wrong!! And some of you may say it’s harmless & that it doesn’t do any harm, well sorry but you need to think again!!

I can honestly say with hand on heart & on my daughters life that I have never done any of this sort of shit & I have gone to large lengths to try & stop this shit being done in premises I have run, from the usual of putting Vaseline on any flat surface in the toilets to putting WD40 down (which is illegal) to cementing stone chippings down on flat surfaces to try & make it impossible to put the powder down on a flat surface!!

I’ve had arguments with ‘cokeheads’ who have got all upset because they’ve lost their money because their ‘coke’ is stuck to my Vaseline or WD40, I’ve arguments with people with bloody noses because they’ve still done their ‘coke’ off of surfaces that are covered with WD40!!

I’ve even had to constantly patrol the men’s toilets to make sure people aren’t doing it & despite the lengths I’ve gone to to stop it being done, I’ve walked in to catch men in their 50’s doing it off the back of their hands!!

And by far the worse places were Bedminster & Yeovil! And to be totally honest, I was glad I got out of the trade!!

This isn’t something that is just done by youngsters or just by people that are seemingly ‘cokeheads’ or ‘smackheads’ or whatever else you want to call them, this is done by people who are in their 40’s, 50’s & even 60’s & not just by people who are out of work or doing ‘dead end’ jobs, some of these people own & run their own businesses or work in high position jobs & it’s not just on weekends or on the nighttime, it throughout the week & during the days as well, 24/7!!

Maybe as someone who has never done this shit, I don’t know what the fascination is with it but I’ve seen the mess it can leave many people in & it would never tempt me to ever try this shit!! It ruins lives & not just the lives of those who take it but those of their nearest & dearest & their friends & all for what? A couple of hours kick?

And having just seen the process of how ‘coke’ is made in Columbia (on this programme), it’s more than just a little shocking because it’s no wonder people die on this shit with what they’ve just showed makes it!!

This isn’t about me trying to preach to those of you who do this shit, this is more of a case of making everyone aware about this shit because I’d hope that if you actually seen the affects this shit has on lives here & what ‘ingredients’ go into making this shit, it may make you all realise just how damaging this shit is & just how ‘popular’ it is....... Unfortunately!!

I've not watched the programme yet but intend to. Did I read there is a second part to this? I've never touched the stuff either and have seen it first hand through work just how it affects lives of the addict, as that's what they are, and family members almost with equal consequences.

I think it's a losing battle trying to make surfaces unavailable, I was in a crowd at Glastonbury this year and a group of lads were snorting it off their phones, first time I had seen phones used. Nice clean flat surface, can't stop that can you.

I did think I might want to move away from them as I was on my own (mid afternoon and the people I was with had gone off to watch another group) but they were a great bunch and very amusing. I guess they knew how much to have and certainly weren't 'out of it' in a bad way or cause any trouble. They all weren't taking it either, out of 10 maybe only 3 which surprised me.

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've not watched the programme yet but intend to. Did I read there is a second part to this? I've never touched the stuff either and have seen it first hand through work just how it affects lives of the addict, as that's what they are, and family members almost with equal consequences.

I think it's a losing battle trying to make surfaces unavailable, I was in a crowd at Glastonbury this year and a group of lads were snorting it off their phones, first time I had seen phones used. Nice clean flat surface, can't stop that can you.

I did think I might want to move away from them as I was on my own (mid afternoon and the people I was with had gone off to watch another group) but they were a great bunch and very amusing. I guess they knew how much to have and certainly weren't 'out of it' in a bad way or cause any trouble. They all weren't taking it either, out of 10 maybe only 3 which surprised me.

Yes M, the 2nd part is on Thursday evening (9pm I think). And you’re right, there is no way now of stopping people from taking it, from the use of their phones to using the back of their hands, they can & will do it no matter what but that’s one of the things that gets me, these people are so desperate to do this stuff, they will use anything they can to do this stuff, even straight from the bag rather than chopping it down thinner so it’s easier to get up their noses!!

Like I said, I’m not trying to preach about people doing this but while you observed that these lads were harmless while doing it but this was mid afternoon, they possibly had another 12 hours or so of having to want to keep that high, so how many more ‘snorts’ were required during that time? How much more (as in grams) of this stuff did they have to put into their body for them to feel good?

Just some of the ingredients they showed going into the making of this shit was cement / concrete, sulphuric acid, battery acid (there was many more ingredients but I was doing something else while watching the programme), why would anyone want to destroy their body by putting this shit into their bodies? I really do find it hard to understand!!

And in the search of the constant high means putting more & more of this shit into your body & ruining your body in the process & the more that goes into your system, the more damage you are doing & the more out of control you are & the more you are unaware as to what you are doing & when you add to this that it’s likely that people are drinking alcohol at the same time, 12+ hours of feeding this shit into your body really isn’t going to be any good for anyone’s body!! And the less likely it is that they were able to control what they were doing or what was likely to possibly happen to them.

Even the first 10 minutes of this programme was enough to make me (and Gordon Ramsay) realise just how much of this shit is being done under our noses (no pun intended), for Ramsay’s own staff to be doing this, while in control of very sharp knives & very hot items (working in a professional kitchen) means that the risk of serious injury to those doing this or those working with those doing this is multiplied!! 

For people to think it’s okay to drive while having this shit in their bodies & to drive their own loved ones around while under the influence of this shit, beggars belief & one of the biggest problems is that it’s often the innocent people that are affected by these people’s actions, is it really worth it? Absolutely not!!

I guess some people are very selfish, all about the here and now and worry later what it's actually done for them. I think they also see other people on tv etc who have been to rehab and got clean and think 'he/she was a more worse user than me and they are alright now' and this pretty much gives them the green light.

Im not sure why Ramsey's people needed to use it at work as I haven't seen the programme, was it the pressure of the work, boredom doing mundane tasks or had they had such little sleep they needed a boost to stay awake? Crazy like you say people can drive around and think that's ok too.

7 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

It seems this country has the biggest problem with it within Europe as well. 

Although, I have to say no bigger than the problem we have with Alcohol. From what I've read one seems to lead to the other! 

Don't really know how you combat it sadly. 

It’s easy to say drugs go hand in hand with alcohol or poverty or unemployment etc, yes people do go out to pubs & clubs & do drugs but similarly, people quite often sit at home & do it, as they do drinking alcohol. As I’ve said above, ‘cokeheads / smackheads’ aren’t just ‘down & outs’, these are now high level professionals!! And it’s not just ‘lads’, it’s females as well.

It’s easy to put things into stereotypes but it’s not the case, now it’s quite likely that your doctors, nurses, bank managers & councillors are getting out of their faces, no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors & I guess that’s a large part of my issue, do this shit in your own home, out of the view & harm of anyone else, not in my or anyone else’s place of work or place of entertainment where there are people of all ages around, from kids to the elderly!! And yes I’ve known of people doing it at football matches, the recent discussion about people going to the toilet so frequently during a game, I think people will be surprised as to just what groups of people are getting upto when they visit the toilets......

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess some people are very selfish, all about the here and now and worry later what it's actually done for them. I think they also see other people on tv etc who have been to rehab and got clean and think 'he/she was a more worse user than me and they are alright now' and this pretty much gives them the green light.

Im not sure why Ramsey's people needed to use it at work as I haven't seen the programme, was it the pressure of the work, boredom doing mundane tasks or had they had such little sleep they needed a boost to stay awake? Crazy like you say people can drive around and think that's ok too.

The trouble is, it’s very hard for businesses / bosses to be able to do anything about it unless they catch someone red handed doing it or with it on their body because human rights says that you can’t give everyone a full body search or search their lockers or bags because it infringes their human rights, so where does that leave the business owner / bosses? Having to constantly keep an eye on staff & the restrooms, it makes you not trust people because you have to suspect everyone & that is a big issue for me in particular because you have to be able to trust the people who work for you, they are the ones dealing with your customers & taking the money to keep your business afloat but if they have such a lack of respect for their boss that they will do drugs while at work, what’s to say they won’t steal money or take goods that don’t belong to them!!

You can have team meetings so people are aware that you know something is going on & hope that that will put an end to it but these people tend to think that if they’ve got away with it for so long then they can carry on getting away with it!! And it all starts getting very stressful & uncomfortable especially when it comes to the time of sacking any culprits because these are inevitably people you have trusted & also allowed into your home (most people who run pubs live on the premises). Everyday life shouldn’t have to be this difficult on top of everything else that is going on!!

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

It’s easy to say drugs go hand in hand with alcohol or poverty or unemployment etc, yes people do go out to pubs & clubs & do drugs but similarly, people quite often sit at home & do it, as they do drinking alcohol. As I’ve said above, ‘cokeheads / smackheads’ aren’t just ‘down & outs’, these are now high level professionals!! And it’s not just ‘lads’, it’s females as well.

It’s easy to put things into stereotypes but it’s not the case, now it’s quite likely that your doctors, nurses, bank managers & councillors are getting out of their faces, no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors & I guess that’s a large part of my issue, do this shit in your own home, out of the view & harm of anyone else, not in my or anyone else’s place of work or place of entertainment where there are people of all ages around, from kids to the elderly!! And yes I’ve known of people doing it at football matches, the recent discussion about people going to the toilet so frequently during a game, I think people will be surprised as to just what groups of people are getting upto when they visit the toilets......

I would imagine the percentage  of tee total cokeheads is low. 

The reason I say alcohol and coke go. hand in hand is mainly because of the amount of people who say their biggest problem wasn't the coke it was the alcohol! 

They'd start drinking and then the craving for coke would kick in. Most said once they'd addressed the alcohol problem, the coke problem wasn't such a problem! 

I just find it strange that with the destruction that alcohol causes, it's not held in the same disdain as smoking and drug taking. 

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Just some of the ingredients they showed going into the making of this shit was cement / concrete, sulphuric acid, battery acid (there was many more ingredients but I was doing something else while watching the programme), why would anyone want to destroy their body by putting this shit into their bodies? I really do find it hard to understand!!

Im convinced a lot of it in London is cut with Vanish stain remover. Have a sniff of it next time your in Tesco and you will know what I mean.:fear:

This country has made a complete balls up of its legislation on drugs (similar to US). There must be a strong argument to legalise most drugs and ensure they are regulated. You're never going to stop people doing it, so why not tax it and use the money to help fund our NHS and schools etc?

2 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

I would imagine the percentage  of tee total cokeheads is low. 

The reason I say alcohol and coke go. hand in hand is mainly because of the amount of people who say their biggest problem wasn't the coke it was the alcohol! 

They'd start drinking and then the craving for coke would kick in. Most said once they'd addressed the alcohol problem, the coke problem wasn't such a problem! 

I just find it strange that with the destruction that alcohol causes, it's not held in the same disdain as smoking and drug taking. 

Fully understand what you’re saying but I guess the majority of people started drinking at 16/17 before then moving onto drugs & those people would of been introduced to drugs through their nights out at pubs & clubs when fairly young.

On a similar note it’s these people that call for cannabis to be legalised & moaning about being done for drug driving with cannabis in their system! Legalising cannabis would make no difference as drinking alcohol is legal but it’s still illegal to drink drive, it’s still wrong, as is drug driving!! And it’s these selfish people who cause so much heartbreak for the innocent! Yes accidents happen but so many are avoidable, not drink / drug driving, not using a phone while driving, be that texting, making or taking calls & not using a phone for social media purposes etc, all of these actions are very avoidable but it’s down to the selfishness of individuals in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Im convinced a lot of it in London is cut with Vanish stain remover. Have a sniff of it next time your in Tesco and you will know what I mean.:fear:

Having never sniffed ‘coke’, I don’t know what it smells of, so wouldn’t know what to expect odour wise but I’ve no doubt there is endless amounts of rubbish being cut into it & the cheaper the better for those that are making it as they clearly have no concerns about anyone else’s wellbeing, only their own financial gain.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

Having never sniffed ‘coke’, I don’t know what it smells of, so wouldn’t know what to expect odour wise but I’ve no doubt there is endless amounts of rubbish being cut into it & the cheaper the better for those that are making it as they clearly have no concerns about anyone else’s wellbeing, only their own financial gain.

Which is why it should be legalised. End the war on drugs, its been a complete failure.

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

Which is why it should be legalised. End the war on drugs, its been a complete failure.

I don't enjoy having "political discussions" over the internet rather than in person as I find it difficult to articulate and keep discussion flowing so I'm not up for a huge chat on this subject but I'm with you in legalisation. Only problem is atm the source of cocaine in south and central america is rife with gang murders and state-sponsored violence. I think for us to legalise drugs maybe we should have them produced in our country as well in order to certify that the supply is not from a nasty source. But hopefully we'll start with weed and realise what a stupid idea the war is. I detest tobacco more than any legal or illegal substance. The cheek of some people to question recreational drug taking whilst they're drinking bottles of wine and smoking cigars.

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Given the copious amounts being consumed across the UK each week, it makes you wonder if we are even trying to stop it coming in.

I mean how much must be coming in each day, week, month to match demand and supply?

I always think that when I see a drugs seizure, if that's what they have confiscated how much has got through!

41 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

35 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I don't enjoy having "political discussions" over the internet rather than in person as I find it difficult to articulate and keep discussion flowing so I'm not up for a huge chat on this subject but I'm with you in legalisation. Only problem is atm the source of cocaine in south and central america is rife with gang murders and state-sponsored violence. I think for us to legalise drugs maybe we should have them produced in our country as well in order to certify that the supply is not from a nasty source. But hopefully we'll start with weed and realise what a stupid idea the war is. I detest tobacco more than any legal or illegal substance. The cheek of some people to question recreational drug taking whilst they're drinking bottles of wine and smoking cigars.

So by legalising it would we be saying it’s okay to line one up in a pub, bar, night club, cinema, sporting stadium, music concert etc? Because if that’s what you’re talking about then sorry but not a hope in hell!

You would have people out of their faces even more so than they are now & it would very much be in the open public for kids to see what’s going on & to be intrigued by because if it’s ‘legal’ then why couldn’t it be done anywhere & everywhere? I certainly wouldn’t want my 14 year-old daughter to witness someone lining one up while we were out for lunch or out at an entertainment venue!!

And if it’s technically ‘legal’, those users would want / expect to be able to do it wherever they want as it’s ‘legal’!!

And can you imagine the amount of kids / youngsters that will think they’ll ‘give it a go’ because it’s legal to & end up overdosing, it would be mayhem for the NHS with the amount ‘coke’ related incidents.

It certainly wouldn’t be getting my vote!

15 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So by legalising it would we be saying it’s okay to line one up in a pub, bar, night club, cinema, sporting stadium, music concert etc? Because if that’s what you’re talking about then sorry but not a hope in hell!

You would have people out of their faces even more so than they are now & it would very much be in the open public for kids to see what’s going on & to be intrigued by because if it’s ‘legal’ then why couldn’t it be done anywhere & everywhere? I certainly wouldn’t want my 14 year-old daughter to witness someone lining one up while we were out for lunch or out at an entertainment venue!!

And if it’s technically ‘legal’, those users would want / expect to be able to do it wherever they want as it’s ‘legal’!!

And can you imagine the amount of kids / youngsters that will think they’ll ‘give it a go’ because it’s legal to & end up overdosing, it would be mayhem for the NHS with the amount ‘coke’ related incidents.

The point is that whether it is legal or illegal, millions of people will use drugs anyway. Why not tax it and regulate it to ensure its safe? 

I'm afraid to say now that unless your 14 year old daughter doesn't go to uni/out night clubbing she will almost certainly be exposed to Class A drugs at some point. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it apart from educating her of the potential dangers, which I absolutely think schools/parents should do! If she does encounter it, surely you would prefer that the substance was something regulated by the state, rather than the dodgy battery acid/concrete you mentioned above.

And there is no evidence by decriminalising it that usage will go up. Look at Portugal as a case study:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html

Weed is a no brainier. As someone rightfully said, its less dangerous than Alcohol and actually has health benefits for people with IBS, depression, cancer patients etc.  The fact that the state is criminalising people that use it for those things is nothing short of a scandal.

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I don’t understand the difference between alcohol, tobacco and say marijuana or MDMA. Tobacco and Alcohol are the 2 most harmful substances yet they’re legal and safe because we’ve grown accustom to them. Look at prohibition in America, to me that’s almost proof that criminalising drugs isn’t a solution.

I’d treat all drugs the same as you would alcohol, licenses to sell it. Huge fines for serving under 18/21 or buying it for kids in shops. I’d be strict about doing it in public areas. I just think the reasons loads of kids die/ruin their lives is because they don’t actually know what’s in the stuff. At least with it legalised and regulated people would be able to know what it is they’re taking. You could have recommended doses like you do with alcohol. 

Plus if it’s all legal it would eventually remove the black market and all the gang violence. Instead you’d have companies trying to make the safest product possible on a large scale. I just don’t see any alternative to fixing the epidemic.

5 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

The point is that whether it is legal or illegal, millions of people will use drugs anyway. Why not tax it and regulate it to ensure its safe? 

I'm afraid to say now that unless your 14 year old daughter doesn't go to uni/out night clubbing she will almost certainly be exposed to Class A drugs at some point. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it apart from educating her of the potential dangers, which I absolutely think schools/parents should do! If she does encounter it, surely you would prefer that the substance was something regulated by the state, rather than the dodgy battery acid/concrete you mentioned above.

And there is no evidence by decriminalising it that usage will go up. Look at Portugal as a case study:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html

Weed is a no brainier. As someone rightfully said, its less dangerous than Alcohol and actually has health benefits for people with IBS, depression, cancer patients etc.  The fact that the state is criminalising people that use it for those things is nothing short of a scandal.

But what my daughter sees when she’s an adult is different to what I want her seeing now, by your reasoning I should allow my daughter to go & have sex with whoever she wants now because she’s going to be allowed to do it in a few years time anyway?!?

There are somethings that are appropriate for kids to see & people doing class A drugs & possibly overdosing across a dinner table isn’t one of them, maybe that makes me a bad parent?

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I don’t understand the difference between alcohol, tobacco and say marijuana or MDMA. Tobacco and Alcohol are the 2 most harmful substances yet they’re legal and safe because we’ve grown accustom to them. Look at prohibition in America, to me that’s almost proof that criminalising drugs isn’t a solution.

I’d treat all drugs the same as you would alcohol, licenses to sell it. Huge fines for serving under 18/21 or buying it for kids in shops. I’d be strict about doing it in public areas. I just think the reasons loads of kids die/ruin their lives is because they don’t actually know what’s in the stuff. At least with it legalised and regulated people would be able to know what it is they’re taking. You could have recommended doses like you do with alcohol. 

Plus if it’s all legal it would eventually remove the black market and all the gang violence. Instead you’d have companies trying to make the safest product possible on a large scale. I just don’t see any alternative to fixing the epidemic.

The gangs would just know where to easily burgle to get it & then use it for their profit, gangs won’t just vanish, so what happens next, we legalise heroin & crack-cocaine to stop gangs being involved in it? They will just move on.

And while we’re discussing the greatness of legalising things that are currently illegal, why don’t we legalise guns? It’s clearly had such a huge benefit to America & made life so much easier for them all to get along together!

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But what my daughter sees when she’s an adult is different to what I want her seeing now, by your reasoning I should allow my daughter to go & have sex with whoever she wants now because she’s going to be allowed to do it in a few years time anyway?!?

There are somethings that are appropriate for kids to see & people doing class A drugs & possibly overdosing across a dinner table isn’t one of them, maybe that makes me a bad parent?

The gangs would just know where to easily burgle to get it & then use it for their profit, gangs won’t just vanish, so what happens next, we legalise heroin & crack-cocaine to stop gangs being involved in it? They will just move on.

And while we’re discussing the greatness of legalising things that are currently illegal, why don’t we legalise guns? It’s clearly had such a huge benefit to America & made life so much easier for them all to get along together!

Please don’t equate guns to drugs. That’s just silly. Do you drink alchohol in front of your daughter? 

I just think drugs that are currently illegal should be taxed and treated just like tobacco and alcohol. Tax it at 10% or even 15% and spend that on rehabilitation, awareness, research and narcotics police. 

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Is there a forum award for missing the point? Your post has completely baffled me as it almost has no connection to what I was talking about.

30 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Please don’t equate guns to drugs. That’s just silly. Do you drink alchohol in front of your daughter? 

I just think drugs that are currently illegal should be taxed and treated just like tobacco and alcohol. Tax it at 10% or even 15% and spend that on rehabilitation, awareness, research and narcotics police. 

America have gone down the avenue of legalising things, like gun laws / ownership & look where it’s got them, they are stuck with anyone & everyone owning guns & it’s led to many mass shootings & with people being unwilling to give up their legal rights!! And gangs won’t just disappear because stuff has been legalised, they will turn to something else because they want something for nothing or for as very little as possible, so it will just force them to move onto something else or just help to introduce a new drug if they ever decided to move away from the current class A drugs!!

And no I don’t, I don’t drink alcohol, I’ve seen the damage it does first hand having run pubs & been a taxi driver in the past, I’ve had enough dealings with people who think they’re big & clever through alcohol or drugs to last me a lifetime!

The answer isn’t to legalise everything that is illegal because then the amount of people using it will increase four-fold. If it’s legalised & is too expensive for people to partake in, someone will make a cheaper version even more dirty than it currently is. Causing even more harm to those taking it & to innocent family members or those caught up in accidents by those using it.

23 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Is there a forum award for missing the point? Your post has completely baffled me as it almost has no connection to what I was talking about.

But you originally stated that my daughter would see ‘coke’ being taken & it’s affects when she goes to University or to nightclubs etc, the point is my daughter is 14 years-old & isn’t old enough to go to University or nightclubs, as she isn’t old enough to be involved with anything sexual because it’s not appropriate at her age.

As it is, my daughter has probably seen far more than most kids her age having grown up in pubs but that doesn’t mean I’d be happy to have her watch people getting out of their faces on class A drugs, there are some things that kids just shouldn’t see first hand even if they do see it on TV or in films.

There’s a reason why children aren’t allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or watch things they shouldn’t (although the vast majority do) it’s because the vast majority aren’t mature enough to deal with it!! And allowing class A drugs to be done legally is one of those things (or I’d like to believe that is the case as far as my 14 year-old daughter is concerned).

If you would be happy to let your child to witness drug taking & the after affects of such actions then that’s your prerogative & maybe I’m just an over protective dad but I definitely don’t think it’s appropriate for any child to see.

19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But you originally stated that my daughter would see ‘coke’ being taken & it’s affects when she goes to University or to nightclubs etc, the point is my daughter is 14 years-old & isn’t old enough to go to University or nightclubs, as she isn’t old enough to be involved with anything sexual because it’s not appropriate at her age.

As it is, my daughter has probably seen far more than most kids her age having grown up in pubs but that doesn’t mean I’d be happy to have her watch people getting out of their faces on class A drugs, there are some things that kids just shouldn’t see first hand even if they do see it on TV or in films.

There’s a reason why children aren’t allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or watch things they shouldn’t (although the vast majority do) it’s because the vast majority aren’t mature enough to deal with it!! And allowing class A drugs to be done legally is one of those things (or I’d like to believe that is the case as far as my 14 year-old daughter is concerned).

If you would be happy to let your child to witness drug taking & the after affects of such actions then that’s your prerogative & maybe I’m just an over protective dad but I definitely don’t think it’s appropriate for any child to see.

Nobody said anything about shoving it down her throat? Like all these things, education is the key. If a child is educated well then i have faith that when they are exposed to drugs they will act responsibly. I know lots of smart, well educated and people with good jobs that have pretty much tried everything and took drugs regularly in their teens/20's. 99% of them have now learnt that a life of drug taking inst sustainable and very rarely take them. They certainly wouldnt take them amounst family or anything like that

Lets be brutally honest here. At age 14/15/16 there is a good chance she has been exposed to drugs already. I think I was exposed to 'Weed' around that age and I went to a fairly 'posh' comprehensive by Bristol's standards.

23 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Nobody said anything about shoving it down her throat? Like all these things, education is the key. If a child is educated well then i have faith that when they are exposed to drugs they will act responsibly. I know lots of smart, well educated and people with good jobs that have pretty much tried everything and took drugs regularly in their teens/20's. 99% of them have now learnt that a life of drug taking inst sustainable and very rarely take them. They certainly wouldnt take them amounst family or anything like that

Lets be brutally honest here. At age 14/15/16 there is a good chance she has been exposed to drugs already. I think I was exposed to 'Weed' around that age and I went to a fairly 'posh' comprehensive by Bristol's standards.

I agree with what you’re saying but my fear, by making what is currently classed as class A drugs legal, there will be those that decide it is fine to do them whenever & wherever they want because they are now legal & being out for lunch (for example) isn’t somewhere that I’d like my daughter to come across such activity.

I’ve no doubt my daughter has come across people she knows who are involved in weed but as has already been said, weed isn’t as dangerous as class A drugs but it’s still illegal to drive with it in your system & can cause destruction similarly to drink driving etc.

I guess when it comes to your own kids, you just don’t want to allow them to be open to such happenings, no matter how old they are.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Given the copious amounts being consumed across the UK each week, it makes you wonder if we are even trying to stop it coming in.

I mean how much must be coming in each day, week, month to match demand and supply?

A friend in Australia told me that all the people he knows down there who do coke simply get their friends from the UK to post it down under. It's that simple.

A lot of stuff is now bought on the 'dark web' in the UK and the dealers on there simply post out the drugs.

Royal Mail, biggest distributer of Class A drugs in the UK - who'd have thought it!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A friend in Australia told me that all the people he knows down there who do coke simply get their friends from the UK to post it down under. It's that simple.

A lot of stuff is now bought on the 'dark web' in the UK and the dealers on there simply post out the drugs.

Royal Mail, biggest distributer of Class A drugs in the UK - who'd have thought it!

Her Maj & the clan have to make some money somehow :whistle:

Archived