IGNORED

Magnússon in the papers today (Merged)

Hampshire Red

Daily Telegraph features Hörður, 'Bristol' and tonight's reunion with Woy. 

Not the best football article you've read but the MA media machine is working overtime with Lj on National radio etc. Wonder how long before we see Lj taken by a bigger club? 

We will need Hörður and all defence to be at their best if Townsend and Zaha play

CoYRs

He's just a really lovely bloke, isn't he?

Would like to see him get more of a chance. I think he's a real talent. Understand that he is stuck behind Baker at the moment but if you ask me I'd be going to him first to play left centre back next time Baker can't play.

Interesting. If he can't shift Baker or Joe...!!!

"It was quite a shock moving from Reykjavik to Turin,” he says. “I arrived there as a midfielder that played behind the striker but Juventus saw my qualities at the back. I got Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli to help me improve my style of football"

He really is a lovely bloke and if we can't make use of him as a player and his media skills with the World Cup coming up it will be an absolute travesty.

42 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Very good article. It's quite amazing how many footballing greats must be in the contacts list on his phone. Pierlo, Buffon, Tevez, Pack ...

Laughable when people suppose the reason many want to see him have a chance is "because he's good on social media". Read the article, read the company he was keeping in training, read his achievements and frankly yes consider his intelligence (he's not someone who will rely on instinct, he can be coached to learn).

Personally I think he's much better than a Bristol City squad player, but perhaps not good enough to dislodge our current back line. Given first team experiences, I honestly think he'd be the best defender we would have in time, but that we don't have the patience and are not in a League to be able to persevere with him. Feels a right player wrong time situation to me.

22 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Laughable when people suppose the reason many want to see him have a chance is "because he's good on social media". Read the article, read the company he was keeping in training, read his achievements and frankly yes consider his intelligence (he's not someone who will rely on instinct, he can be coached to learn).

Personally I think he's much better than a Bristol City squad player, but perhaps not good enough to dislodge our current back line. Given first team experiences, I honestly think he'd be the best defender we would have in time, but that we don't have the patience and are not in a League to be able to persevere with him. Feels a right player wrong time situation to me.

Exactly, I think the reason people like him so much and want him to play is partly because he tweets stuff people like and always claps the fans. Obviously both of those are good things but I think it clouds some people's judgement.

Is he better at centre half than Flint, Baker and Wright? No.

Is he a better left back than Bryan (or even Kelly)? No.

He's backup and rightly so based on the ability of the other defenders.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah it does, thought that was odd.

Odd, almost as though the journalist couldn't be arsed to wrap it up.  Still, nice article, we all know that Bryan is an articulate little sod but I didn't know about his dad operating on LJ's dad. Small world.

The PR machine in full swing today ahead of the Palace match.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Odd, almost as though the journalist couldn't be arsed to wrap it up.  Still, nice article, we all know that Bryan is an articulate little sod but I didn't know about his dad operating on LJ's dad. Small world.

The PR machine in full swing today ahead of the Palace match.

Top point that mate.

Archived