IGNORED

Bakinson

JasonM88

8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Not involved in the under 23s today. Likely to be on the bench at least tonight? 

Well that's a good spot there mate. From what I've heard it seems like he's been good, hope he gets his chance.

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Wonder kid from Luton.  No figures were banded about but apparently we spent a decent wedge on him. Probably close to a Tilson

Heard their lot touting that it was almost 2 Tilsons. We obviously really really rate him.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was very, very highly rated when he arrived.

Holden (signed same day) also rated highly, but he cost us less than a Tillson

That's the Northern Irish one right, signed from Derry? Not heard too much talk about him.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's the Northern Irish one right, signed from Derry? Not heard too much talk about him.

Yeah, not heard too much either, but see his name crop up from time to time on the twitter feed for our U23s.

Fee for him was reportedly the same as a certain snake, but apparently was less than that with potential add ons

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, not heard too much either, but see his name crop up from time to time on the twitter feed for our U23s.

Fee for him was reportedly the same as a certain snake, but apparently was less than that with potential add ons

Where'd you hear that?? Interesting if true, makes how much we paid for said snake seem like absolute ******* peanuts.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Think it may have been more James 

Nathan Jones at the time reluctantly accepted losing him for the size of the fee received

But if scouting and chasing has got it right - has the potential to be money well spent early 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

For Holden?

I'm just going by the article in the Post.

I know the Bakinson was said to not have been a cheap one by LJ.

Sorry - crossed wires

My bad - jumped some posts

:facepalm:

I was referring to Bakinson !

Think Holden was , as you say a reasonable fee but these are the sort of transfers , that if we have scouted right should be very good investments

JM said that Holden has a real competitive 'edge' to him so I look forward to seeing him

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry - crossed wires

My bad - jumped some posts

:facepalm:

I was referring to Bakinson !

Think Holden was , as you say a reasonable fee but these are the sort of transfers , that if we have scouted right should be very good investments

JM said that Holden has a real competitive 'edge' to him so I look forward to seeing him

IMO ones at the cost Holden was rumoured to be are low risk as well.

5 tries at 300k, if one comes off you are looking at 10x profit on what you paid for the individual, all players paid for and a little extra for the next batch.

Bakinson at a higher fee more of a risk, but I'm certain LJ said he'd hope Bakinson would be ready for the first team in the latter stages of next season, and from what I have read he seems to be exactly the type of midfielder we have been missing for a while.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Holden was reported as around £100k in Northern Irish media, think the Luton lad was more like £250k up front with obvious add ons..

I though a fair bit more in both cases Graham , but even so - a good strategy IMHO and if the prices you thought are right absolutely something we should be doing

As @JamesBCFC has (IMHO) so clearly explained -in his post above - absolute peanuts in this crazy modern world and you can take a few crash and burns at that price to unearth the odd gem - and at those prices you can look to get your money back to a L1. / L2 side (unless they completely hit a development wall) if they don't quite make Our current level ,

I really like this part of our current strategy - as long as the scouting is sound

Archived