IGNORED

Joey Bryan is fkucnig quality

SedRA

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Let's be honest Sako is going to terrorise just about any player, and Mags has not had a lot of game time this season so is as rusty as 

tin-man.jpeg?w=500

It wasn’t just his man to man defending though. Positionally he was all over the place, JB constantly having to come back and cover for him. When he had a short ball on he went long, when he had a runner in behind he went short...just for me showed exactly why he’s a centre back and not a full back. Ended up in centre midfield three or four times chasing balls he was never going to get leaving Bryan and the centre back to cover the gaps  

He may be he best left back in Iceland but he’s the second best in BS3!

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It wasn’t just his man to man defending though. Positionally he was all over the place, JB constantly having to come back and cover for him. When he had a short ball on he went long, when he had a runner in behind he went short...just for me showed exactly why he’s a centre back and not a full back. Ended up in centre midfield three or four times chasing balls he was never going to get leaving Bryan and the centre back to cover the gaps  

He may be he best left back in Iceland but he’s the second best in BS3!

Third?

Dont forget Lloyd Kelly 

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I preferred Joe's wonder strike at that end vs the gas...

Tonight's goal was very similar.

Millen said on RB that he'd been sent to scout Bryan and that several bigger clubs were looking at him.

Begs the question of how much City would want for him. There's bound to be bids in the winter window,

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Millen said on RB that he'd been sent to scout Bryan and that several bigger clubs were looking at him.

Begs the question of how much City would want for him. There's bound to be bids in the winter window,

Would genuinely not surprise me if he went for more than Kodjia. What a ******* player we've got.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep - he looks a good replacement for Leighton Baines to me, if the 'people's club' can sort themselves out!

38 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hopefully this will be the end of ‘Magnússon is a left back’ nonsense. Joe is absolutely head and shoulders above him in that role. 

His goal was superb but for me Joe is a left back all day long and a bloody good one. 

Just because Bryan is looking so good at LB doesn’t mean Magnússon isn’t, just means Joe is better there than him.

To be fair, we were pretty much a 352 tonight, Pisano starting positions were more wingback than full-back.  In the opening 20-25, all our players got dragged around by Palace’s slick pass and move, or lost their men....not just Magnússon.

He hasn’t had a lot of football and improved as the night went on, actually being a bit more physical second half when he started to look more like the player of last Autumn.

I'd be surprised if there aren't bids for Joe Bryan in January.  My hope is that the bids are from relegation threatened Prem clubs and we are in a strong position at the time and Joe feels like he has a chance of getting promoted with his home club in the knowledge that he'll probably get more bids in the summer if we don't (as is obviously more likely) go up.  

I'm also hoping for an EFL cup win, automatic promotion and a small lottery win, but Joe staying with us seems more realistic than the others. Fingers crossed. Great game tonight and a great season for him so far.  Really turning into a superb player and so much stronger physically these days. 

Archived