IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

petehinton

Great bit of business by LJ to bring him in following his loan spell at Barnsley. I had not heard of him before and it has been great to see his progress  at BCFC. Seems like a decent and loyal player from his interviews so fingers crossed he will take any new deal offered. 

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Confirmed on @Evy11_BCFC Opening Post in the Transfer Forum. I thought he was out of Contract next Summer unless he has signed a new one but don't think he has. Ashton looks like he got this one wrong.

What a stupid and strange thing to say. Ashton is the one who would’ve signed the contract, he most definitely hasn’t got it wrong.  

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And to think someone on here said the other day they ‘couldn’t see what all the fuss was about’ re: Brownhill

I am delighted that Brownhill had a good game , Keith Millen picked him out as ' Bristol's ' stand out player tonight .

I just note that I have watched every game this season and often wonder what JB has done during the game , it's easy to see what Famara , Taylor , Flint etc do but apparently the lad does most of his work off the ball .

12 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

I agree. I wonder if he’ll romaine at city cos if he goes others might follow - that could be the tip of the iceberg!

12 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

I agree. I wonder if he’ll romaine at city cos if he goes others might follow - that could be the tip of the iceberg!

Lettuce hope so

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

One of Brownhill's stand-out games. 

And he's still a young player, he will get better!

He's already made great strides on the raw but inexperienced talent he was last season. We could shortly have a real gem on our books. A great acquisition by the "cartel".

I love the fact that, although he's quite a short and slight bloke, he gets stuck in. Great tackles this evening. Great link-up play. Everything you want to see from a player in his position.

Dare I say it for fear of getting ahead of myself,but he has the look (without the ginger hair) of a young Alan Ball-strong in the tackle,such energy/positivity & forward looking/uses the ball well often with quality.....though also a bit taller than Bally I'd guess..

High praise indeed,but Josh has it at his feet if the desire is strong..

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Dare I say it for fear of getting ahead of myself,but he has the look (without the ginger hair) of a young Alan Ball-strong in the tackle,such energy/positivity & forward looking/uses the ball well often with quality.....though also a bit taller than Bally I'd guess..

High praise indeed,but Josh has it at his feet if the desire is strong..

One difference, he doesn't have a voice that could shatter glass from 30 metres! I remember being able to hear Ball screaming at people even in the middle of the pitch.

Hopefully he feels settled here as far as his contract goes and would sign if offered a new one. I think he was a Preston youth player who went on loan to Barnsley, they had hoped to sign him but he opted for us. I don't know if Preston didn't offer him a new deal or he turned one down as he was highly rated there too.

I think he will have to be sure we are progressing and will have to offer him a good deal as he certainly isn't afraid of looking elsewhere. 

Archived