IGNORED

Đjuric

Top Robin

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's funny, with him being out for so long, you forget quite how big Milan is.

With his shorter hair and constant winning everything in the air, it was like having two Flints.

Milan and Flint challenging Hordurs throw for Milans goal

Couldnt cope with them both !!!

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Milan and Flint challenging Hordurs throw for Milans goal

Couldnt cope with them both !!!

Too right. Real strength. Đurić had two guys trying to manhandle him - one seemed to be hanging off his neck - but he just shrugged them off.

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Too right. Real strength. Đurić had two guys trying to manhandle him - one seemed to be hanging off his neck - but he just shrugged them off.

That was  Tonkins who  ended up crumpled below Milan as he smashed it home and then got nigh on trampled as Milan wheeled away :laughcont:

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I predict more game time for Milan.

Now he’s lost that ******* bun.

LJ hates them ;)

Last night he was another who was superb. As soon as he came on he and Matty Taylor linked so well and turnt the tide.

Finally the real reason that the Luke's - Freeman and Ayling - had to go!:whistle:

Must admit I've really liked him since day one but his availability record was starting to worry me.

He has a lot of assets, firstly obviously he is bloody tall but aerially it is not about him simply winning the big majority of his headers, he regularly puts them either where team mates are, or sometimes where they should have been..

Next (and by no means unusually for a player from ex-Yugoslavia) he has a great first touch, a really good technique, the ball is very rarely far from him when he gets it under control and a decent range of passing for a guy who is 6ft 6.

Lastly as his goal showed, he is a very strong bloke, not the sort you want to go toe to toe with, at least one Palace defender was pulling him back by his shirt but he simply brushed both of the defenders off.

Now if you could just stay fit, Milan..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Must admit I've really liked him since day one but his availability record was starting to worry me.

He has a lot of assets, firstly obviously he is bloody tall but aerially it is not about him simply winning the big majority of his headers, he regularly puts them either where team mates are, or sometimes where they should have been..

Next (and by no means unusually for a player from ex-Yugoslavia) he has a great first touch, a really good technique, the ball is very rarely far from him when he gets it under control and a decent range of passing for a guy who is 6ft 6.

Lastly as his goal showed, he is a very strong bloke, not the sort you want to go toe to toe with, at least one Palace defender was pulling him back by his shirt but he simply brushed both of the defenders off.

Touch wood, it does sound like he has a long standing injury/weakness in his groin and has been managing it for a while. I think he and the coaching team have decided to bit the bullet and get the thing sorted once and for all. Our start to the season has meant we could afford for him to get a proper full rehab in after the operation too.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dzeko will be getting worried about his starting spot for Bosnia now 

Lee has always rated Đurić, he was bought for a purpose (target man) , but has basically been injured since he got here. I think we will see a lot more of this guy as he builds to full match fitness, giving us some serious options up front for the rest of the season.

Hold on to your hats, the Bristol City rollercoaster is gathering speed

OP oh dear, even Milan said in his post match interview he's only 50-60% back to full fitness himself. 

It's clear LJ highly rates him as does his teammates. :facepalm::facepalm:

Saying that he had a fantastic run out and can't wait to see him all guns blazing. A true asset to our team

20 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I don't suppose it matters how he gets his chance but it's a bit worrying that Lee didn't see this in him before and if Fammy didn't get injured tonight, he may have gone back into the reserves after tonight. In fact he may still! 

Don't go to many games do you.....:-)

Archived