IGNORED

Highlights

You Do The Dziekanowski

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I know it was crap defending but how calm was Taylor?  Excellently taken goal.

The defending shows why palace are where they are in the league. 1 swing and miss to clear, 1 weak back pass in a stupid area. As you said great composure and finish many would’ve hit it first time wide or over

Just now, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The defending shows why palace are where they are in the league. 1 swing and miss to clear, 1 weak back pass in a stupid area. As you said great composure and finish many would’ve hit it first time wide or over

He can’t have expected that to come towards him where it did, very composed.  I’d usually expect that to dribble out for a goal kick or skyed into row Z.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I know it was crap defending but how calm was Taylor?  Excellently taken goal.

Some strikers go into those positions looking hopeful, if you watch he seems to almost expect it come to him and that's why he is able to control and hit it so sweetly.

Just now, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Definitely a foul on Đurić, both arms over his shoulder and got pulled to the ground, done really well to focus on leathering the ball into the net

He gets an extra nod for desire as well.

14 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I thought it was harsh of the palace fans to take the piss out of their keeper, what goal was he supposed to have saved?

I do find it funny when fans do that. Not a chance with any of them. We were like it when we had Heston, the comical defending (can laugh at it now it’s over) in front of him didn’t really give him a chance.

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Watching back Steele really kept us in that game we had 5 shots on target and scored 4 - they had 9 and if 3 or 4 had gone in we would not have blamed the keeper to much. So GG  Luke

Very good reflexes, parries a lot but never into dangerous areas and he’s quick to get on the loose ball. We have 2 very good keepers

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

I thought it was harsh of the palace fans to take the piss out of their keeper, what goal was he supposed to have saved?

I'd have thought it would be all of them? I used to be a goalie, its a massive goal space.

I used to play keeper for a 5 a side team, rules are you cannot go inside the keepers semi circle. This semi circle is less than the distance as the penalty spot. It does help however that the goal is only 1 meter tall, and less wide. I thought this would be easy, I've always played in goal.

Man how wrong was I. Its still fuc|<ing difficult to save these let alone really fast strikes from the 25yrd box towards a full sized goal. I have respect for any keeper.

I played over 100 games 5 a side and only ONCE I managed a clean sheet and that was by sheer luck, I somehow blocked/saved every shot much to the opposing team hurling abuse at me.

Archived