IGNORED

For my dad

Jerseybean

As a three year old my dad took me to Ashton Gate for the first time, he was a steward in the old grandstand for over 40 years. I have consequently spent the past 58 years supporting the City. He died at 5 am today aged 90. Thank you dad, rest in peace.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

As a three year old my dad took me to Ashton Gate for the first time, he was a steward in the old grandstand for over 40 years. I have consequently spent the past 58 years supporting the City. He died at 5 am today aged 90. Thank you dad, rest in peace.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Your dad sounds like a top man. 

Lost my Dad three years ago too. Grew up sitting beside the tunnel in the Atyeo stand with him. Glad he aimed me towards Ashton Gate instead of the other side.

Suggestion for you, see if you can still get a plaque added to the Atyeo statue. I've got one with my Dad and my names on. Forever at the Gate now.

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thoughts are with you and your family mate.

3 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Lost my Dad three years ago too. Grew up sitting beside the tunnel in the Atyeo stand with him. Glad he aimed me towards Ashton Gate instead of the other side.

Suggestion for you, see if you can still get a plaque added to the Atyeo statue. I've got one with my Dad and my names on. Forever at the Gate now.

Thank you I will.

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

When a parent passes away its the most emotionally painful and draining experience of them all. Some of us have lost parents and my case both parents and know your pain.

10 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My sincerest condolences, my Dad passed away 4 months ago and it was him who took me as a kid to my first City game. I make a point now of wearing his watch to every game at the Gate.

36 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

So sorry to hear of your loss. I really hope that the club will find a fitting way to remember someone that contributed 40 years of his life  to BCFC. 

43 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Been going to Ashton Gate for over 40 years with my Dad, tonight was no different. Can't imagine what it will be like without him. 

So sorry for you that you and your Dad can't do it again. 

At least our lads gave him a send off that was fitting

Rest In Peace fellow red. 

For all the Dads who are not with us, they will be looking down at us at The Gate and would have certainly raised a smile tonight!

RIP

Thoughts are with you from all the Red Army at this difficult time - try and remember all the great times mate,

Tomo

Condolences @Jerseybean, having lost my mum 10yrs ago i feel your pain. My dad rang me tonight on his way home from the game, so thankful for that. And he took me for my first game in 1977 at the age of 7, a game i'll never forget and a team that i'll never stop supporting.

Your dad sounds like a top man and tonight was a fitting way to celebrate him, his life and his passion for BCFC.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Sad to hear mate, my Dad took me aged 4 to my first City game in 1969 and I have them im my blood and soul. He has terminal cancer and not long left so feel your pain but so thankful he shared the love of BCFC  for me to pass on to my children 

My dad passed away a few years ago with cancer. He took me for the first time aged 5 and we shared some great memories watching the mighty reds. Main thing that got me through was thinking about the happy days watching city and smiling. It helped a lot . 

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

small comfort I know but I'm sure he would have been bursting with pride tonight.

Sorry for your loss.

When the hurt subsides, you'll love remembering all those good times together watching City together. I still treasure all the times we spent together at matches from White Hart Lane cup tie, the night at Coventry, the promotion season at Blackpool, games against the Gas and Cardiff City, he was Welsh, and in his last years even a Fourth Division game against Bury.

I lost my old man 4 years ago and @jackofromrugby is right. City is in our genes. Passed down from parent to child, 4 generations of my family have watched City at AG. 

Now if I can just infiltrate the Atyeo Block H (the infamous crackers corner) so I can say all 4 generations have watched from the same viewpoint, I'll be happy.

@Jerseybean, sending hugs and support right now. Lots of us have been there and can speak from experience, so please reach out if you need us. My thoughts are with you and your family. 

RIP fellow red. Now watching from the best seats in the house.

No words will ease your pain, but I know that you will be thinking of your old man grinning like mad from somewhere at this result.

When you're from a City family, nights like tonight will always bring those no longer with us to mind.

Take it easy, fella, and RIP your dad.

Archived