IGNORED

Matty Taylor Appreciation Thread

ZiderEyed

Just now, Crackers Corner said:

That goal changed the game it would be interesting to see how much it could be worth  in terms of revenue from the next match. 300k would be nice :)

It changed the game and it wasn't totally down to luck - if you watch MTs movement, he knew he wasn't winning the first header or the second and positioned himself for the mistake. Really intelligent play.

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It changed the game and it wasn't totally down to luck - if you watch MTs movement, he knew he wasn't winning the first header or the second and positioned himself for the mistake. Really intelligent play.

This.

I feel he doesn’t get enough credit for this type of play, and he does it a lot. 

9 out of 10 times nothing will come from it but like tonight, that one time it does it can change a game. What he does off the ball in general I think is missed by a lot of people, he’s an incredibly hard working player and organises a lot of the attacking players telling them what to do.

£300k is an absolute sssssssteel :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Meant In the respect that one goal has potentially paid for the meagre transfer fee.

Oh i got it. It is quite crazy to think this one cup tie could wipe his transfer fee out and then some. I'm just unsure if the current trend is to Snake his every mention!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have seen some utter shit written about the bloke here. Outstanding performance only JB better for me. 

I think he’s a great asset, works his socks off, gets stuck in to & winds up the opposition, some great touches and vision for 1-2’s and can score as well. Tonight he was quality. 

Tonight and Stoke showed me he has a performance level in him that I didn’t think he was capable of.  Needs to do this more regularly.  Encouraging though, and I can smell the waft of humble pie coming from the kitchen....not cooked through just yet though. :P

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tv money (Think all quarters are live) would make most of that - before you talk Gate receipts etc :clapping:

I wonder what his wages are? Have we made a profit on him in total?

35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He could've made a real mess of that, ballooning over the bar or shanking it out. Intricate chest trap and never in doubt when he hit it. Class finish.

#stealat300k

Broken noses can make it just that bit harder to breathe for a few days after. Believe me, I know! :facepalm:

So all the more credit to Matty for bouncing back from the injury inflicted by the Leeds thug, the uncertainty of the appeal, and playing for 93 minutes like nothing untoward had happened 4 days ago.

Top man. 

Archived