IGNORED

Mags

Up The City!

Will people please climb out of his arse! He was the worst player on the pitch tonight.

People always asking, "what does he have to do to start"... Perhaps play well when given the chance. 

His positional awareness is really quite shocking. I'm not sure what he adds? What does he do so well? Doesn't particularly like the ball at his feet, doesn't win headers and isn't the best tackler. 

Young lad, but a lot of work be done if he want a regular spot in this team.. 

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

Thought Sako had him on toast for the majority of the game tbh. 

Would Sako be interested in coming here in Jan? If we are competing at the top end of the league I feel we will need a player of his calibre over Leko. Palace don’t play him much and Hodgson said a lot of players tonight threw away their chance to force themselves into the first XI 

Plus we will be in the semis of the FA cup as well and need as much rotation as possible 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It's funny how different people see games. I was in the 1st row of the Lansdown so had a good view of him in the second half and he didn't do much wrong. Was very solid.

He was also dangerous with his throw ins and it was his cross which led to our first goal.

He wasn’t that good - especially first half. Settled into the game in the second half. Can’t see him as a left back really. Shaky distribution at times too. Got dragged out of position numerous times at LB, Pack had to drop back and fill in there in the second half.

Then again, Sako was very good for Palace so he was against a tricky opponent. 

6 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Would Sako be interested in coming here in Jan? If we are competing at the top end of the league I feel we will need a player of his calibre over Leko. Palace don’t play him much and Hodgson said a lot of players tonight threw away their chance to force themselves into the first XI 

Plus we will be in the semis of the FA cup as well and need as much rotation as possible 

Was asking after the game if Sako is usually a reserve, would be a quality addition and worth spending big on if his performances can be like the first 30 mins. 

As for Magnússon thought he/Wright were at fault for their goal, big gap left for him to run through. Still convinced you wouldn't want him at left back we're looking to attack and not better than Baker, Wright or Flint at CB.

1 minute ago, xerox6060 said:

Square peg in a round hole for me at left back, possibly surprised we haven't seen more of Kelly there instead over last few cup ties. 

Tonight LJ wanted a side that wouldn't get bullied, feel Mags probably offers that over Kelly and with the prospect of Sako not sure how Kelly would have fared.

He plays left back for Iceland who play a very different style than us. Don't think it suits him playing left back for us as he can't get up and support the play like Bryan does, in the same fashion that Wright struggled at RB against Leeds, and if he gets played against a pacey winger in our style of play he gets done for pace much easier. Would like to see him played as the backup left centre back ahead of Hegeler. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Was asking after the game if Sako is usually a reserve, would be a quality addition and worth spending big on if his performances can be like the first 30 mins. 

Yep - would love Sako here. Exceptional movement, versatile and rapid too. Would be a top player at this level.

Only 29 too, thought he was a bit older than that. He was pretty sporting - I noticed he congratulated Bryan on his goal after he scored and was the first Palace player to go to their fans at the end.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

...and it was his cross which led to our first goal.

It wasn't a cross, it was a hopeful cross-field ball which landed on the head of a Palace player about 15 yards outside the area in a non-threatening position....and then their defender made two horrendous errors in a matter of seconds - that's what led to our first goal...

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep - would love Sako here. Exceptional movement, versatile and rapid too. Would be a top player at this level.

Only 29 too, thought he was a bit older than that. He was pretty sporting - I noticed he congratulated Bryan on his goal after he scored and was the first Palace player to go to their fans at the end.

If we could get him I it would either mean sending Elliason out on loan or sending Leko back, either of which I wouldn't object against. While Leko can be exciting there's still too much development required imo before he's of quality to have a big impact for us like Tammy.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn’t he cost them£10-12 million from Wolves though PF

Agree hed be a great signing for us

Struggled for a first team place at Palace

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It's funny how different people see games. I was in the 1st row of the Lansdown so had a good view of him in the second half and he didn't do much wrong. Was very solid.

He was also dangerous with his throw ins and it was his cross which led to our first goal.

Thing is palace had the stuffing knocked out of them by that point. First half he was being torn a new one. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

If we could get him I it would either mean sending Elliason out on loan or sending Leko back, either of which I wouldn't object against. While Leko can be exciting there's still too much development required imo before he's of quality to have a big impact for us like Tammy.

If we’re top 6 come January it’s the sort of quality we’d require for a serious promotion push. I was pretty impressed with him as a forward and given our injuries we might need another one. Good player and caused us lots of problems tonight.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure, I imagine he’d be less than that now but still £4-5m+. Still would be on big - probably unaffordable - wages anyway so I doubt it’s realistic.

Was very impressed with him, Loftus-Cheek looked classy too. On that showing though I think they’ll struggle to survive. I know they weren’t at full strength but they lack so much belief.

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

PF? Know he signed for them when he was out of contract after Wolves.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he’d be less than that now but still £5m+. Still would be on big - probably unaffordable - wages anyway so I doubt it’s realistic.

Was very impressed with him, Loftus-Cheek looked classy too. On that showing though I think they’ll struggle to survive. I know they weren’t at full strength but they lack so much belief.

My bad - just checked - Hodge is right - was OOC when he signed for Palace

Getting him confused with someone

:blink:

33 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He was very solid second half....I too am in LS.  He was more physical and didn’t put a foot wrong.  Defended well in box against Puncheon late on too.

First half he wasn’t great, but overall he was decent enough.  He needs to be more imposing, as per second half, if he is, he is more than good enough....just not as good as Baker (our best Defender).

Sometimes us fans need to accept that the opposition will make us look like we are all over the place.  The movement, passing and timing of runs by Palace in opening 25 was frightening.  Wasn’t just Magnússon who was finding it hard

How many chances does the lad need to put in a performance? There are a few of our fans who watch the game through Magnusson tinted glasses because he was our worst player by a mile and the weak link again. Constantly out of position, weak in the tackle, passing poor, decision making poor. Can't make the excuse that he's not a left-back, he plays there for his country. It's a shame as he seems a great lad off the pitch, but there has to come a time to which we accept that he is just not good enough?

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It wasn't a cross, it was a hopeful cross-field ball which landed on the head of a Palace player about 15 yards outside the area in a non-threatening position....and then their defender made two horrendous errors in a matter of seconds - that's what led to our first goal...

Uhh no. It was a cross onto the head of MD who then headed it on hoping to reach Taylor but was intercepted by Van Aaanholt who made a right pigs ear of it.

Great cross imo. Something Brian Tinnion Or Mickey Bell would have been proud of.

I guess our second goal where he was also the supplier was a fluke also?

Archived