IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Little Dig

Ian M

What makes it more pertinent (I think) is that I was sat next to a gas supporting bloke and his son in the Lansdown last night, he was going on about Matty Taylor to his son and saw him texting his mates saying how we were only winning as Palace had made nine changes. I think he may have made an error taking his son to watch us as I think we have another new fan!

• Admin
7 minutes ago, jellyred said:

What makes it more pertinent (I think) is that I was sat next to a gas supporting bloke and his son in the Lansdown last night, he was going on about Matty Taylor to his son and saw him texting his mates saying how we were only winning as Palace had made nine changes. I think he may have made an error taking his son to watch us as I think we have another new fan!

I just cannot comprehend this.  I cannot imagine any circumstance that would cause me to go and watch the sags.

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Got a mate who is the bitterest sag on earth. 100% nailed on his telly went through the window when he saw that :laughcont:

I bet you a Tilson that the sag I work with is even more bitter. His telly, chairs, coffee table and himself would have gone through the window last night:laugh:

He really is a very strange bloke. Hate's anything RED and has HP Source on his Bacon Sarnies even though I suspect he likes Tommy K. It seems to me that there are a lot of SAGS that are making themselves ill with rage over the 17 year gap, our spending power, our better players, our better stadium, oh and Matty Taylor, suck it up dckheads!

49 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Let's be honest. The Gas are a small club. The majority of Bristol are Bristol City fans. Not on the wind up here it's true. There is a big gap. 

Over 45k for our last two home games, what would it take for them to match that 6 or 7 games?

53 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Let's be honest. The Gas are a small club. The majority of Bristol are Bristol City fans. Not on the wind up here it's true. There is a big gap. 

It's always been so. City for decades have had a far bigger fan base than the gas. 

The only time periods where attendances got close was the early 80s and then again in the early 90s.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's always been so. City for decades have had a far bigger fan base than the gas. 

The only time periods where attendances got close was the early 80s and then again in the early 90s.

They were at Twerton, couldn't have got that close?

Late 90s possibly when we were both in L1 and they were doing well plus playing back in Bristol. I think they were getting about 8000 avg at the Mem during the 99/00 season whilst we must have had around the 11k mark.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I rember City getting gates of around 6 or 7k back then. I'd forgotten the gas were at Trumpton.

Wow, I remember a really low attendance against Notts County around the time we played Liverpool in the cup, something like 6 or 7k although that would've been 1994 when Osman was in charge. When you said early 90s I was thinking of the first couple of years back in the 2nd tier when our crowds were pretty good iirc.

I know by 94 they'd started to go downhill.

1 hour ago, JustinCider said:

This is only from memory but I seem to recall playing teams like York City in the old Div 4 in the mid 80's and there was only about 4,500 of us at home games. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

Promotion season we had about 11k for the home game vs York, 1-0 win, Paul Stephens goal in front of the EE.

Archived