IGNORED

Flint

CiderHider

A lot of talk about the amazing goals, but how good was Flint tonight? Looked like he won every single battle in their air, saw a few players just bounce off him like hitting a wall.

I dont want to hype him up too much *coughs* but I dont think there are many harder defenders in England right now.

43 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

A lot of talk about the amazing goals, but how good was Flint tonight? Looked like he won every single battle in their air, saw a few players just bounce off him like hitting a wall.

I dont want to hype him up too much *coughs* but I dont think there are many harder defenders in England right now.

Agree with that in the strongest possible terms.

Disagree. Leeds and others are on his trail but several clubs are also on the trails of Bobby and Joe. This is when we see how good Lj and MA really are in juggling personalities and big transfers. And of course there is the obvious dilemma of us 'standing in the way' (or not)  of one the top English managers. 

Different forum now from earlier this year isn't it?!! 

ILast night he was superb and enjoyed himself.

He was singing with gusto in the 66th minute too

”You’re shit and you know you are”  ;)

And his sprint out of defence.

And his pat on the bum for Luke Steele after his save.

I’ve not always his biggest fan but last night he was perfect.

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Disagree. Leeds and others are on his trail but several clubs are also on the trails of Bobby and Joe. This is when we see how good Lj and MA really are in juggling personalities and big transfers. And of course there is the obvious dilemma of us 'standing in the way' (or not)  of one the top English managers. 

Different forum now from earlier this year isn't it?!! 

Agree though they have all been at the club for a number of years. Whilst it would be nice if they stayed and saw a chance for top flight football with us as their best option, them moving on is part of the clubs philosophy now. It would be sad to see them go, but they are what 30 million worth of talent, and we have players in the wings developing to take their place. Lets not forget all 3 were once all deemed not good enough but have come on leaps and bounds with regular football and coaching, we have to have faith their replacements (if they go) can do likewise. It's certainly nice to see our players moving up the pyramid for once Adomah, Bolaise, Kodjia, Skuse,  etc in recent years - we seem to be doing something right.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Agree though they have all been at the club for a number of years. Whilst it would be nice if they stayed and saw a chance for top flight football with us as their best option, them moving on is part of the clubs philosophy now. It would be sad to see them go, but they are what 30 million worth of talent, and we have players in the wings developing to take their place. Lets not forget all 3 were once all deemed not good enough but have come on leaps and bounds with regular football and coaching, we have to have faith their replacements (if they go) can do likewise. It's certainly nice to see our players moving up the pyramid for once Adomah, Bolaise, Kodjia, Skuse,  etc in recent years - we seem to be doing something right.

I’m not sure I agree with this. How many have actually moved up the pyramid and then sustained it? I’d hazard a guess and say very few.

Whenever I watch MOTD I always look at the players on the team sheet and think to myself how few seem to be home grown. Those that feature are few and far between for “the top clubs” with more featuring in the lower level ones.

And like we’ve seen recently we can compete with some of those ;)

I’m not advocating putting “the talent” on long term Dicks-style contracts but for the first time in God knows how long I for one wouldn’t belly-ache for an all out push with what we’ve with a few additions to go for “the promised land”.

Consistency and confidence. If we don’t get there this season keep everyone together and get there next.

Exciting times. 2 home matches with attendances 22k+ with another on the way. Could quite easily be the norm.

How exciting would that be? 

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

ILast night he was superb and enjoyed himself.

He was singing with gusto in the 66th minute too

”You’re shit and you know you are”  ;)

And his sprint out of defence.

And his pat on the bum for Luke Steele after his save.

I’ve not always his biggest fan but last night he was perfect.

Three years for that in Dubai !.....

Archived