IGNORED

Midtable and a cup run

Ashton98

If someone asked me at the start of the season if I would would be happy with finishing mid table and having a good cup run(beating 3 prem teams) while playing attacking exciting football I’d be delighted and still would be now. Just wondering how everyone else feels about? Think If we do finish midtable-top half we have a really good foundation for a really strong push next season.

If I have to make a choice it's the league every time for me.

Whilst last night was great and I am looking forward to the draw tomorrow I would rather have lost 3-0 but have beaten Leeds last Saturday !

I do hope that if we get a glamour draw on Thursday the players focus does not shift slightly to that rather than picking up points every week.

19 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

If someone asked me at the start of the season if I would would be happy with finishing mid table and having a good cup run(beating 3 prem teams) while playing attacking exciting football I’d be delighted and still would be now. Just wondering how everyone else feels about? Think If we do finish midtable-top half we have a really good foundation for a really strong push next season.

I thought your thread title was referring to the season before the last time we got promoted to the top league. That season we finished 5 (no play offs of course) having reached the 6th round of the FA Cup. Perhaps it's an omen.

Yeah we've seen before in 74 and 89 how a good cup run can be the catalyst for a successful league campaign a year or two later. It's taken a couple of years of teething problems and frustration but I really feel we are starting to lay the foundations of a strong period in our history.

Archived