IGNORED

Strange atmosphere last night

ooRya

15 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

A certain steward in W10 was truly woeful last night, took my 10 year old brother to his first game and at half-time he disappeared to go toilet and was confident on how to get their and back so left him to it. Got a call about 10 minutes later from him saying the steward wasn't letting him back in because he didn't have his ticket, I had to walk down the stairs show him a ticket to get a 10 year old back to his seat - Jobsworth!

Same steward blocked my view of the game for 5 minutes as he rowed with people in the wrong seats instead of sorting the issue and then to top it off a city fan who was giving it the big-un had to be ejected and as he's pushing him up the stairs he trips falls into my brother forcing him to fall back onto a seat with the bloke landing on top of him, no apology just got up and carried on with the ejection.

Soured an other wise brilliant evening and luckily the little brother wasn't too fazed!

Tell @Mkelly about that, should be looked into. 

The club are very quick to be on the case of our supporters so need to be consistent in their treatment of others.

4 hours ago, ooRya said:

Which I would put down to a lot of people there that don't normally go. Certainly seemed to be a lot of families around me in the Dolman.

So the question is, why did so many "new" people decide to go last night?

Playing a Prem team? Possibly, but it was only Palace...hardly a glam tie.

Easily being able to buy seats to sit as a group? Maybe.

Half Term? 3pm on a Saturday isn't an issue for kids.

Ticket prices? The most likely reason I would say, so even though we are getting great gates at the moment, maybe it suggests that we haven't quite got ticket prices right.

All in all, probably a combination of all of the above, and certainly shows the potential we have to fill the ground if we really start to do well.

Kids being on half term helped.

4 hours ago, ooRya said:

Which I would put down to a lot of people there that don't normally go. Certainly seemed to be a lot of families around me in the Dolman.

Ticket prices? The most likely reason I would say, so even though we are getting great gates at the moment, maybe it suggests that we haven't quite got ticket prices right.

All in all, probably a combination of all of the above, and certainly shows the potential we have to fill the ground if we really start to do well.

From my own perspective i would say ticket prices. I haven't bothered to go to many games this season (only 2) due to this as justifying £60 for two tickets for an hour and a half just doesnt seem worth it.  I always have had a season ticket so it used to work out better value but we didn't renew this season. I work away so miss the mid week games and what with skys friday night game and us having a bit of a cup run and teams we were due to play also involved in cup action meant some saturday home games got rescheduled to midweek fixtures. Then there was being on holiday at start of season, having family stuff to do at christmas and easter it seemed as i hardly went at all and didnt get the so called good value from my season ticket. Now when i look to go it just seems hard to justify the cost even with a members card discount but if it was only £15 we wouldn't think twice.

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Close to where I was, there were two Italian guys who seemed to be first-timers.

Judging by their constant (complimentary) remarks about Pisano, he (and perhaps the cheaper tickets) appeared to be the main reason for their visit.

It'll be interesting to see if they turn up again.

May well have been my Italian barber, he's taken a sudden interest in BCFC since Pisano signed, and went down to his first City match against Stoke.

With tens of thousands of their compatriots settling locally City should seriously consider getting players from Poland and Spain if they are to continue signing from abroad.

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

I could believe how many people I didn't regconise around me in Dolman last night and how many people had beers with them at their seats!! 

:laugh:, I noticed this in the upper Lansdown v Leeds on Saturday.... it was mostly couples with pints in their hand, I assumed they were our egg chasing cousins making use of the discounts through Bristol Sport. no harm in that and they are more than welcome in my eyes. I nearly popped back out to get myself a pint... but as a 50 year old male from the wrong end of the trenches I thought it may get taken off me...

Some new people around me which is good they all enjoyed it, definitely the ticket prices that brings people in. 

I agree with another Comment I thought the Burton atmosphere was as good if not better considering the occasion, I was impressed by Palace..  some of their 'tunes' get the whole end going.. We could do with something bouncy and simple to compliment  the generic red army clapping. 

2 hours ago, brady bunch said:

:laugh:, I noticed this in the upper Lansdown v Leeds on Saturday.... it was mostly couples with pints in their hand, I assumed they were our egg chasing cousins making use of the discounts through Bristol Sport. no harm in that and they are more than welcome in my eyes. I nearly popped back out to get myself a pint... but as a 50 year old male from the wrong end of the trenches I thought it may get taken off me...

There was quite a lot of rugby fans at the leeds game because I managed to put my foot in it twice in a row. 20 minutes after the game had finished I was walking past the Lansdown stand where 3 middle aged guys were sheltering from the rain. I was looking in the Lansdown stand and loudly voiced to my son "look at all the rugby crap in their!" One of the 3 blokes came up to me showing his bristol rugby shirt under his jumper, "oh sorry I said... At least you aren't a crappy bath supporter..." the 2nd bloke runs up and lifts up his jumper to show his bath shirt. "Oh I just put my foot in it again" I said... The 3rd bloke feeling left out lifted his jumper to show off his england rugby shirt:clapping:. At least they had a good sense of humour and had a good laugh as I walked off with a red face! Gotta be careful what you are saying at the ground:laugh:

Reading this and it's quite interesting.

On a general note there is a lack of stewards, and those who are there are not the best distributed.

Stewards have to both scour those coming in for pints and direct to side, ideally row some might say same time...looking both ways at once..

@JoeAman08

PS,  when there are plenty of people trying it on or unaware of the alcohol rules then seat direction especially at busy periods will take a back seat when numbers are low.

31 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

There was half a row of probable students in row 24 of S22 who managed to get pints of ale/cider past the stewards at start and half time. And a massive bottle with a colourless liquid which may or may not have been alcohol.

Stewards not keeping eyes open.

@mkelly

Was probably mouthwash.

12 hours ago, ooRya said:

Bloke next to me was a Leicester fan who was working at Bristol Airport and fancied a football match.

He said he was going to buy a badge in the shop and sees himself now as an honorary Bristol City fan.!!!

:city:

There were quite a few South east Asians or that neck of the woods about last night in the Dolman. Isn't the Carabao cup draw conducted and promoted from there. ? If so it might be the reason why.  A friend at the game said a Chinese bloke was sat next to her watching the game with Chinese commentary and the names of our players coming up in Chinese.

Potentially a few visitors in the row where I was sat, given they turned up 8 minutes late, went back down around 5 minutes before half time, were 10 minutes late back to their seats and left a good 5 minutes before the match finished. You'd think if they were City fans they wouldn't have missed almost 30 minutes of football even if they wanted a few drinks (missing start could be reasonable but the rest you'd question). 

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Yes definitely...lots of new people there. So many milling around not knowing where seats were, it was obvious.

Glad we performed like that, as it will entice a new generation of supporters. Lots of kids there, loving it.

New fans are great until they take my ticket for the next round tie at home to Man Utd!

Lots who did not know where their seat was and should have come up the vometory at the other end of the row. One pair actually had seats next to the far aisle and disturbed the whole of our row after the game had started. If only there had been some signage at the bottom of the steps to tell them the appropriate seat numbers,!,  @RedM

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The amounts coming in #just before, during and after kick off last night- even though it's obviously higher on night games- was fairly ridiculous in some parts of the ground, tbh.

I noticed that too actually. Sat up in the Dolman and the South Stand was almost empty til I heard Downsy's trademark obnoxious boom.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

I noticed that too actually. Sat up in the Dolman and the South Stand was almost empty til I heard Downsy's trademark obnoxious boom.

Certainly in parts of the Dolman too! Around the corner with the South Stand E28/29.

There was even at least one person in my area who seemed to have not only gone in the wrong part of the stand but the wrong stand itself- overheard him asking a steward and it turned out they were in S26! :laugh:

7 hours ago, Barkhamred said:

Lots who did not know where their seat was and should have come up the vometory at the other end of the row. One pair actually had seats next to the far aisle and disturbed the whole of our row after the game had started. If only there had been some signage at the bottom of the steps to tell them the appropriate seat numbers,!,  @RedM

Apparently there is no need for it, any only a small number of people (me!) believe there is! I must admit I had to refrain from shouting 'told you so' @Mkellyyesterday when I saw the comments on here about people unable to find their seats and stewards possibly not being as aware as they should be. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Apparently there is no need for it, any only a small number of people (me!) believe there is! I must admit I had to refrain from shouting 'told you so' @Mkellyyesterday when I saw the comments on here about people unable to find their seats and stewards possibly not being as aware as they should be. 

I found the club’s response to that so bizarre. Just because there wasn’t enough people raising it meant it wasn’t wasn’t exploring at all. You can’t put everything down to quantity - sometimes one person can raise a good idea on their own.

Lee Johnson was the only person who thought Reid could be a forward!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I found the club’s response to that so bizarre. Just because there wasn’t enough people raising it meant it wasn’t wasn’t exploring at all. You can’t put everything down to quantity - sometimes one person can raise a good idea on their own.

Lee Johnson was the only person who thought Reid could be a forward!

It's just from my time at various fottball grounds and concert venues etc, they all have it and I find it useful. I don't want to cause inconvenience to others and I like to be independant, if I can find my way myself I don't have to ask a steward. Simple really isn't it. ..or apparently not.!

1 minute ago, RedM said:

It's just from my time at various fottball grounds and concert venues etc, they all have it and I find it useful. I don't want to cause inconvenience to others and I like to be independant, if I can find my way myself I don't have to ask a steward. Simple really isn't it. ..or apparently not.!

I really don't know why their response wasn't "thanks for the idea - we'll look into it" rather than basically "no". Surely it's worth exploring. Weird really.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really don't know why their response wasn't "thanks for the idea - we'll look into it" rather than basically "no". Surely it's worth exploring. Weird really.

Probably cost too much to get the signs changed...I've got a sharpie anyone got a step ladder:laughcont:

Point for @RedM

Partly for Red M anyway, but a general one in fact to be reiterated slightly.

Stewards sloppy with directions? Maybe but then lots of people were trying to get alcohol up during the rush pre ko.

In fact alcohol in view of the pitch isn't merely a breach of ground regs, but a criminal offence. Stewards would probably give that slight precedence especially when numbers low.

If our stewards were twattish they could on paper refer anyone drinking in stand to police via CCTV.

I could go on but you get the picture.

Archived