IGNORED

Lansdown about to talk on talksport

bs20ciderarmy

• Admin

1 minute ago, redcityman said:

Was already on before you posted, main thing that stood out for me was that he stated how his next major investment would be the training ground, the pitches are fine but the  infrastructure needs bringing into line. 

For someone not ITK does this go towards us getting category 1 status for the academy?

He wasn't on long, asked about the Mitre controversy he said it would be a lot easier if clubs used one ball for all competitions, when asked if everything was in place to push for the Prem he said our new training facilities is the last piece in the ( off field ) jigsaw, also the usual question re LJ not being sacked last season.

So, let me get this straight.......

BCFC training ground - Staying put at Abbots Leigh but investment in the infrastructure/facilities

BCFC academy - New development at Ashton Vale - due to go to planning?

Bristol Rugby - New training facility - pitches and infrastructure at Kingcott farm - approved

Wickes site - Small arena/hotel??

If that's all happening, its no wonder he sold £190 million of stock recently!

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

BCFC training ground - Staying put at Abbots Leigh but investment in the infrastructure/facilities

Bristol Rugby - New training facility - pitches and infrastructure at Kingcott farm - approved

Blimey, that is exciting!

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

A real legacy there, never mind what's happening inside AG.  :city:

10 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Was all that said on the radio?

5 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

No - none of it - just that the training ground improvements / development are needed and top of the list

(In response to the interviewer asking if we were ready for Premiership should we get there )

(I'm Not saying that RedRaw is  not right mind ;) )

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I've not heard the radio interview. All I am saying is that based on what redcityman confirmed from the interview, we appear to be staying at Abbots Leigh but improving the facilities. The other 3 developments have been rumoured and or there is some basis of truth in them.

We know he owns AV and is planning to build a new academy, an application for a new training facility for Bristol Rugby has been approved, we believe he owns the Wickes site and rumours suggest a small arena could be included.

There are a few on here that may know a little more through their connections with supporters club etc but are sworn to secrecy.......isn't that right @Dollymarie ;)

31 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Not saying that it can't happen but that Ashton Vale area has been earmarked for housing now as part of the West of England Joint Spatial Plan.

image.png.02274cccc5f9fb8d69dd3999f397a035.png

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not saying that it can't happen but that Ashton Vale area has been earmarked for housing now as part of the West of England Joint Spatial Plan.

When the plans for the ground fell through - I thought it was only a % of the site was going to be used for the housing?

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

When the plans for the ground fell through - I thought it was only a % of the site was going to be used for the housing?

Yes, there was some mention of an agreement between Lansdown and the council that half the site would be developed for housing and half the site would remain open as part of the TVG status. A new training complex for the academy would not be able to sit on the TVG part of the site, so maybe housing is being sacrificed. 

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Alderman Moores site is definitely earmarked for housing by the council as is the land running up to Barrow tanks (Yanley / Ashton Park Development) as part of the WOEJSP but none of this specifically includes the AV "stadium site" which SL owns.

He has been in talks with the council for some time with regard to the use of this land and has some bargaining room on the basis that the council require to develop access to alderman Moore site which may have to be via the "stadium site"  

The AV "stadium" site has been seen as a potential / natural location for the academy for some time..............

"The end could be in sight over the future of Ashton Vale – the patch of land where Bristol City FC wanted to build a new £92 million stadium. Councillors are expected to consider a compromise solution which has been hammered out over several months by the two sides in the dispute. It is understood that campaigners have agreed that the northern part of the 42-acre site – including the disused tip where the stadium would have been built – can be used to build a new sporting academy. This would include a new low-level building near the existing David Lloyd sports centre as well as training pitches. These facilities are expected to be available for community use.The southern “wetlands” area would remain registered as a town green which means no development would be allowed there."

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

That's all well and good, but what about our sprinklers and canopys?

2 hours ago, RedSA said:

Are we getting the whole 'aeroplane hangar' style indoor 3G setup with the training redevelopment? 

Would be great if so...

It's part of the rugby training facilities plan which may be shared with city at times ........don't know if it will be part of any plans for Abbots Leigh which is only about 1.5 down the road 

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, there was some mention of an agreement between Lansdown and the council that half the site would be developed for housing and half the site would remain open as part of the TVG status. A new training complex for the academy would not be able to sit on the TVG part of the site, so maybe housing is being sacrificed. 

That is exactly the case re Ashton Vale, there has already been an announcement on Bristol City Council's website about the first houses that are expected on it in 2019, and a contract has already been signed with Wilmott Dixon in order to build them.

My understanding is that SL has now sold the non TVG part of the land to the council, enabling him to recoup his outlay for the whole site, but that the bit designated as Village Green cannot be developed at all.

Presumably this will continue to be where locals hold barbecues, bird watch and ice skate or much more likely take their dogs to shit and dump their old mattresses..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That is exactly the case re Ashton Vale, there has already been an announcement on Bristol City Council's website about the first houses that are expected on it in 2019, and a contract has already been signed with Wilmott Dixon in order to build them.

My understanding is that SL has now sold the non TVG part of the land to the council, enabling him to recoup his outlay for the whole site, but that the bit designated as Village Green cannot be developed at all.

Presumably this will continue to be where locals hold barbecues, bird watch and ice skate or much more likely take their dogs to shit and dump their old mattresses..

As I mentioned above, I think the site you are referring to is the Alderman Allotment site and not the "stadium site". The council article you alluded to may be this one which is clearly the Alderman site......

http://news.bristol.gov.uk/bristol_city_council_to_sell_houses_on_the_open_market_for

5 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Interesting Redraw. Would be great if the academy and first team were all together on one site, Ashton vale 92 acres would of been big enough.

Isn't Abbots leigh's land owner by QEH school ? If we're building a state of the art training ground on that site , surely we'd have too buy all the school land ?

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Interesting Redraw. Would be great if the academy and first team were all together on one site, Ashton vale 92 acres would of been big enough.

Isn't Abbots leigh's land owner by QEH school ? If we're building a state of the art training ground on that site , surely we'd have too buy all the school land ?

Joe Bryan went to QEH - he can put a good word in for us 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Vence properties bought AV for £7m, I believe. Can you see the council forking out anything for land in the current climate, especially as they can't build housing on it. They can't even afford contribute to the xmas lights. They have recently announced that there will be housing on the Alderman Moores site, with provision for a railway station.

Any housing on the original stadium site application was taken out of the equation at the first hearing, as the whole site was in the greenbelt (and still is) and there has to be a very special reason to allow any building on greenbelt. The reason the stadium got permission was that, there were no acceptable comparable sites for a stadium of that size in the region.

Archived