IGNORED

QPR face world record £40 million fine

chucky

5 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

They couldn't and wouldn't pay this fine anyway. Relegation/points deduction seems most likely outcome.

If they didn't pay, a two divisions relegation would be the precedent.

However, as one of the consortia of owners is the world's third richest man, I think they can afford it.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

However, as one of the consortia of owners is the world's third richest man, I think they can afford it.

I don't think they'd pay regardless of how much money they've got. At the end of the day QPR means nothing to them and was just a trinket and vanity project for them. I doubt they're that involved now and would expect that owning a mediocre championship club is not high on their agenda!!

1 minute ago, Scrumpylegs said:

I don't think they'd pay regardless of how much money they've got. At the end of the day QPR means nothing to them and was just a trinket and vanity project for them. I doubt they're that involved now and would expect that owning a mediocre championship club is not high on their agenda!!

Possibly. But Lakshi Mittal has so much money, he makes Steve Lansdown look like a Big Issue seller. He probably has £40m in small change.

39 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not having read the story in any detail, however would the issue be that the fine is levied on the club, not the owner(s)? Thus, doesn't matter how Brewstered the owners are, if the club doesn't have the cash, and there is no way of injecting the funds into the club (which I understand was the issue to start with), the club is unable to pay.

29 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Not having read the story in any detail, however would the issue be that the fine is levied on the club, not the owner(s)? Thus, doesn't matter how Brewstered the owners are, if the club doesn't have the cash, and there is no way of injecting the funds into the club (which I understand was the issue to start with), the club is unable to pay.

If am not mistaken, they can inject the cash through an interest-free loan which would barely affect the clubs accounting income (which is used as a measure by FFP). If they gifted them the money or subsequently wrote off the loan there could be an issue. Not an expert on FFP by any means but that is my understanding.

It's ridiculous that this is for the 2013 season when they got promoted. They've completed three seasons since then and are yet to be punished for their financial doping. The only way to really enforce FFP is a points deduction which happens in a timely manner. 

If  the appeal fails they still won't have to fork out 40m, a compromise will be reached, you can bet on it.

My understanding is that Bmuff are very much going to be in the same boat should they fall out of the PL.

It would appear the PL doesn't care if you broke FFP to get into the 'club' but the FL does however they can only punish you once you are back in their structure.

I don't know who ends up with the proceeds from the fine but I would not be surprised if at least part of it goes to those bastions of virtue - UEFA and FIFA!

2 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

A crude generalisation....I consider Swindle to be a cockney enclave.

if you look at Swindon (as a place) history.... that's pretty close to the fact. I have worked with people of my age who were on Tottenham's or Arsenal's books as a kid it's crazy. Even Arsenal in the Community have an open day in Swindon every year (mind you, Tottenham have one in Marlborough). A close friend grew up in the flats overlooking Highbury/ Older people I know were offered a "place in the country" during the London slum clearances. What a rude awakening they must have had. I was waiting outside the local tyre fitting place earlier. There were 4 people outside. Three London accents and me.

Archived