IGNORED

Bournemouth please

where's the joy

27 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Semi finals aren’t two legs anymore are they?

Ignore me I’m thinking of when they scrapped the 2 legs in 1st and 2nd round!

Of course they are , gives more chance to earn some attendance and Tv money in addition to helping the big boys avoid a nasty one off defeat by an interloper .

To avoid confusion the accompanying photo is not an interloper.

IMG_0079.JPG

Not buying into this competition at all really, would rather have had those three wins as league wins tbh, it's great for the new fans I suppose, and a bit of fun, but where is the glory in winning a cup competition that even Swindle managed ...and I had to endure that  humiliation when I was in the RAF there. But it all came good when Swindon Down got promoted and relegated without kicking a ball, and then when they did actually make the Prem they were just awful, so winning the thing has to be just bad Karma. 

Promotion :sign09:

7 hours ago, KevP said:

IIRC, the away goals rule had changed that very season so away goals didnt count double in the event of a draw after a replay.....had that not been the case, the result at the end of normal time in the Forest replay at the Gate would've seen us through to Wembley.....:sad26:

And I`m convinced we`d have beaten Luton in the final, we were flying then.

The real gutting thing would have been that if we had got through and won English clubs were still banned from Europe post Heysel so we wouldn`t have been allowed in the UEFA cup.

7 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not buying into this competition at all really, would rather have had those three wins as league wins tbh, it's great for the new fans I suppose, and a bit of fun, but where is the glory in winning a cup competition that even Swindle managed ...and I had to endure that  humiliation when I was in the RAF there. But it all came good when Swindon Down got promoted and relegated without kicking a ball, and then when they did actually make the Prem they were just awful, so winning the thing has to be just bad Karma. 

Promotion :sign09:

You wouldnt see any glory in playing in Europe next season?

Weird.

23 hours ago, where's the joy said:

to uphold the tradition of getting to league cup semi finals every generation i, for one, would like a chance to get through to the next round

so for me its bournemouth at home please;

as its the best chance we have of getting through by comparison with the rest of the team's still in the Carabao.

yes they can play a slick forward passing game but they do concede, which is more than can be said for the likes of Spurs and Man City

and we might just nick one.

then onto the semi's where we will look to generate money, fill the ground and bow out gracefully to the eventual cup winners; 

and we can go see our boys put up a valiant fight both home and away against a true top flight team, if that was spurs we could get to wembley.

for many though man u at home would be great in the next round, i just want us to go further

how about you?

our cup final against the most expensive team we have seen down the gate COYR

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You wouldnt see any glory in playing in Europe next season?

Weird.

Ha! we won't win it, we have a better chance albeit a long shot of playing in the Prem. No matter how much carrot waving about Europe there is, it is still a poor competition, let's not run before we can walk eh?    

Archived