IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

After season tickets- ONE ONLY PER HOLDER, members? Yeah.

Those who attended the Plymouth game- that is the least glamorous of them all- should be ahead in queue of Palace or Stoke games IMO!

I went to Luton in 15/16 when we lost 3-1. Do I get to walk the team out?

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I've just bought a membership after the draw and there were 1000 people ahead of me in the queue when I joined! I don't want to take the chance as I've been a City fan since I was young and haven't had the opportunity to go to a game like this. I've never been a season ticket holder (as I've only ever lived in Bristol for a short period) but have had memberships. I've got a booking history of around 50 tickets on my account though so I hope that may count for something, none of which were in the league cup this season!

I would guess that a booking history will stand you ahead of those have none.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club encouraged people to buy (and use) a league ticket between now and cup ticket sale, just to stop visiting supporters from getting home tickets as well as making more money.

I'm not a ST holder. Nor do i hold a membership. However, I have supported the club since 1987, didn't miss a home game from 1991 to 1996, then even became a steward in 1998 so i could get paid to watch matches! Ive just been on Facebook to see that a friend who 'supports' Man Utd, yet has only ever watched them on telly, has said that he is absolutely buzzing for this match and can't wait to get his tickets. If he gets a ticket ahead of me then there is no justice. Is it likely that once tickets go on general sale that previous booking history will come into play?

1 minute ago, Red Homer said:

I'm not a ST holder. Nor do i hold a membership. However, I have supported the club since 1987, didn't miss a home game from 1991 to 1996, then even became a steward in 1998 so i could get paid to watch matches! Ive just been on Facebook to see that a friend who 'supports' Man Utd, yet has only ever watched them on telly, has said that he is absolutely buzzing for this match and can't wait to get his tickets. If he gets a ticket ahead of me then there is no justice. Is it likely that once tickets go on general sale that previous booking history will come into play?

Yep, it's so difficult to do but no ST does not necessarily equal disloyal fan. I've supported City for years, had a ST for 8 years before moving away for uni, got back recently, and I've already had a phone call and a text from Bristol-based United 'fans' asking about their chances of getting tickets in the home end :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

With respect, if you are neither a member nor a STH and have no recent booking history, how do you expect the club to distinguish you from a United supporter?

Edit - apologies, you seem to suggest you have a booking history. Hopefully this will count in your favour. But a membership would make sense for you if you are attending matches!

Yes sure thing, but in my mind there isn’t and in my opinion there shouldn’t be. 

We are playing against one of the greatest clubs in World football, it’s going to be watched by millions, we want to go out there and try are hardest to win this game.

We owe it to the club and the 10,000s of fans like me and probably you who have supported this club for years ( in my case over 40).

I was there this season against Plymouth and I was there in the dark days of the early 80s and for fans like myself I want this club to do it self justice and #makebristolproud

28 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

That's a shame - I was going to offer you a free ticket.

No ST doesn't mean disloyal, people all have different lives.

May be lapsed for any number of reasons independent of events on the pitch.. Still should go:

1) ST- ONE ONLY

2) Members- ONE ONLY

3) Booking History of this season.

4) Historic (if any are left) booking history.

5) If :laugh: any left general sale?? 

Have I missed any categories out?

15 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Anyone know how many season ticket holders , members etc we have ? 

Trying to work out a likely scenario , 1) season ticket holders 

2 ) members 

3) new members / half season tickets 

im in the city foundation, do they have an allocation ? 

13k+

so Rugby and the rest have membership priority, I can see that causing some ill feeling when they buy for their mates, or are ManYoo themselves.

got a bit 'huffed' seeing prices rise from 10-15quid  cant see why it cant stay at that until we win or get knocked out but now its man utd i do hope 'those that be' dont up prices again especially if its over 18-20quid. city fans that have gone to every league cup game in years gone by when we get knocked out by some league 1/2 club on miserable gloomy cold tuesday nights who stick by their club through and through deserve to be appreciated and cap it at £15 . its a business first these days but still, theres no business without fans

4 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Cant wait for all the local glory hunters to start pleading with me to sort them a ticket. on the membership point, i hope they make sure they give the older members priority over newly signed up ones

There will be no 100% right answer. It just kind of goes along with this type of tie. Somebody will get tickets that is less 'deserving' than other folk. Hopefully the club will do what it can. I am waiting for the melt down when all the Rugby fans are ahead of many, most likely including me, but ho hum!

Archived