IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Fred Tissue (a United forum) is one of 2 other club forums I read: comments on the draw:

Give it to Bristol City. Nobody else is arsed

Good venue though, Bristol. No shortage of hostelries.

Bristol City manager straight on twitter with some cringey shite the giddy *****. **** the modern game, ****ing load of shite.

The only team to beat us home and away in the second division vigil.gif.pagespeed.ce.h3mAYi38CM.gif

What do they expect? Arguably the biggest club in the world, at Ashton Gate, in the quarter final of the cup, which we haven't got to for 28 years.

Genuinely think it must be shit to be a Man Utd fan and be excited for roughly 6 games a season. They have no idea what it's like to support a proper football team. 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Just got put in a queue on the Bristol Sport site when speculatively looking to buy a half-season ticket...which suggests a lot of interest or a technical fault

Could be a good way to sell the half season tickets, buy one and get first dibs on manure ticket, I am getting one anyway for mylad at uni as it is cost effective if he only gets to four games so manure ticket would be welcome bonus

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Why, if we don't get them all the Atyeo, we have to lose 500 seats for segregation and have higher stewarding/policing costs, makes no sense. Give them the Atyeo and get a complete sell out.

I'd rather have an extra thousand City fans inside AG than 1500 extra Man. Utd. fans. 

3 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Think it will be on Wednesday because Man U are playing on the Sunday prior to the game. Chelsea v Bournemouth will be the same evening for the very reason that Bournemouth are also playing on Sunday. The other two ties will be on the Tuesday.

http://www.skysports.com/carabao-cup-fixtures

Here is the link to what I read>

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'd rather have an extra thousand City fans inside AG than 1500 extra Man. Utd. fans. 

It will come down to the Safety Advisory Group.  I imagine the club will officially try and get City fans in there and unofficially not push it too hard.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

What do they expect? Arguably the biggest club in the world, at Ashton Gate, in the quarter final of the cup, which we haven't got to for 28 years.

Genuinely think it must be shit to be a Man Utd fan and be excited for roughly 6 games a season. 

A Man United 'fan' has sold his soul to a multinational. We've invested our hearts into a club. 

couldnt disagree more. we have billionaire owner  so were doing more than fine for finances these days we are making lots of this cup this year aswell . huddersfield charged 199 quid for season tickets this year..that says it all. so there is no need at all to raise prices. especially to season ticket holders. yes maybe 30quid to non member non season ticket holderd but 15 should be spot on

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So, my thread about promotion and hypothetical plastic away fans in home ends...was kinda prophetic??

Seriously, the club need to do all they can to seek to avoid this scenario. Those who supported through thick, thin and thinner then ST holders etc.

Season ticket holders second in the queue? 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I reckon they'll struggle to get many tickets. We must have enough members to mop up most spares.  

The question is whether City will offer far more tickets than we are obliged to by giving them the whole of the Atyeo.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

A Man United 'fan' has sold his soul to a multinational. We've invested our hearts into a club. 

Not all of them: good friend of mine had a ST for 20 years, with his dad and brother. They all jacked it in when FC started. He still supports United, he just doesn't give them any cash. I think the only games he tries to attend are away League Cup games, because the visiting team keeps no gate receipts. And yes, he has already been on to me about a ticket in our end if he has no luck with an away.

8 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

ST holder here from 1991 right up to 2010 when I moved to London for work reasons. I have plenty of away games under my belt in the past 7 years, and a couple of home games. 

Do I expect to get a ticket? No

Do I think I should be given preferential treatment? No

Will there be bucket loads of people who whinge consistently between now and the Man U game about not getting a ticket? Yes

There is no system that can be implemented which makes it 100% fair for everybody. Not everybody will get a ticket. Such is life. 

Bang on the money.

For example, I've been going to Glastonbury festival every year since 98 and have never missed one.....until this year. 

Although I have been a loyal customer for 19 years I wasn't one of the lucky ones this year so didn't get to go. 

The biggest kick in the teeth was Radiohead headlined and they are my favourite band. C'est la vie.

Steele in goal - his superior distribution may help - don’t fancy watching Frankie dawdle on the ball with Rashford and Lingard chasing him down.

Pick the best XI for the fixture - problem is hard to name that - many different views in all positions really.

Baker and Flint or Baker and Wright?

Korey and Pack or Korey and Josh or Josh and Pack?

Đurić and Reid or Đurić and Taylor or Reid and Diedhiou Or etc etc

Bet Leko and Woodrow are gutted !!

Something incredibly fishy about the whole set up isn’t the there? 

Nearly two hours after the ‘live’ draw a pre recorded video appears showing the entire draw, in which all four of the big four teams miraculously avoid each other.

Chelsea - who are affiliated with Carabao in a commercial arrangement - are handed a third straight home tie.

Reading - who are affiliated with Carabao in a commercial arrangement - despite being out - had three straight home ties.

Odds of one team playing at home three ties in a row are 1/8 - but both teams? 

Something not right with what’s going on if you ask me. 

Whole end is fine. The rest holds 22k. There haven't been 22k home fans in AG since 1989. 

Everyone who is a City fan will get a ticket if they sell based on ST holders first, existing members second, then previous purchase history 3rd. No general sale should be needed, so no plastics in the home end. 

Archived