IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

With a post like this you must be from Welton, 7 fingers and all that. Bell End

3 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

How about special purchase tickets for the next 4 games, to be in line for a voucher to buy a cup ticket and we’ll have an additional 4 sellouts  :whistle:

And don’t forget the extra revenue for Bristol, all the parking tickets.........

I know you're half-joking but not a fan of any system that forces people to spend more money than they should have to just to attend the one they really want to. STH or existing member with booking history status should be enough.

I'm sat at Bristol airport starting off my Sunderland weekend and am bored with this thread. I have hated Man U since early school days in the 60's and all this hysteria is laughable. Frankly I would rather have drawn West Ham or Bournemouth with real fans. As a long term ST holder I too have had 5 requests for tickets but I'm most excited about 3 points on Saturday and engaging (nicely) with the Geordie locals. Rant over......

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

obviously not a season ticket holder?

The scramble has begun, hope those who deserve one get one; its another game and another team; they have done slightly better than us since we last played them in this very division though.

2 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I have just warned my Man Utd friends, that if they think can just rock up to Ashton Gate with anything less than a decent side, they are in for a shock.

If Man U can actually get the ball off us (ha ha)  they will have to take their opportunities. I just showed them the last two goals against palace.  If we have our first choice 11 available and catch them off guard and play at 100% then anything is possible. We have to get on the front foot early and play our passing game.  Let them worry about us.

This squad has demonstrated it has the ability and drive to get results, now they have a chance to show that to the watching world.

Anything less than this attitude is doing us a  dis-service. We are here on merit, because we are good enough. 

Really looking forward to this one.

Stevo

Totally agree with the above. However, we mustn’t take our eye off the league, Home to Forrest on the Saturday and the following week away to QPR. The timing of the game just before the Christmas games must be a factor when selecting the team. 

I don’t suspect lee will have too many tired players leading up to the game. I’m sure every player on the squad will want to play in this game, hopefully will assist us in the league leading up to the game.

We’ve beaten three premier league teams this season, the players deserve this opportunity 

39 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I'll stick with half- I wonder how many city fans are going to be torn by this tie - especially the younger lot?

Barely any. I'm 22 now but growing up I didn't know any city fans who supported a second club. Sure, everyone probably has a preference on who they want to win the prem or something. I knew Man U fans etc. who had a soft spot for city, but no young proper city fan would even consider splitting loyalties.

Just now, RumRed said:

Makes us look a bit tinpot having a full on sausage party over the crapper of the two manchester clubs turning up tbh.

Good draw but let’s not go f’ing weird about it.

Good money spinner. Other than that, I'd rather have an extra league game. 

5 minutes ago, City Cat said:

I'm sat at Bristol airport starting off my Sunderland weekend and am bored with this thread. I have hated Man U since early school days in the 60's and all this hysteria is laughable. Frankly I would rather have drawn West Ham or Bournemouth with real fans. As a long term ST holder I too have had 5 requests for tickets but I'm most excited about 3 points on Saturday and engaging (nicely) with the Geordie locals. Rant over......

Great post, it will get worse though.

It was fully opened last Saturday and other times before! Don't know why I am replying you obviously are not a city supporter

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Community Trust members (that per definition are entitled to a free membership) but for various reasons have not asked for a membership should be treated in the same way as  members. 

6 times Tommy? When you said you were a member, I totally agree

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Makes us look a bit tinpot having a full on sausage party over the crapper of the two manchester clubs turning up tbh.

Good draw but let’s not go f’ing weird about it.

I see absolutely no harm in getting excited about the visit of one of the biggest clubs in the world - theee-times European champions - for the first time in our lives for many of us. It's a rare and special occasion.

"crapper of the two Manchester clubs" is hardly a fair reflection of United's pedigree over the years is it.

Archived