IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Quite fitting that the biggest club in Manchester will play the biggest club in Bristol....

hopefully our recent dip in the league will improve as I'm sure the players will be on top form to want to play in this tie.

Hope our home grown boys can impress too... Imagine the feeling growing up playing local football in Bristol, then on to the mighty City and having an opportunity to play against Man Utd. What a dream.

10 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Quite fitting that the biggest club in Manchester will play the biggest club in Bristol....

hopefully our recent dip in the league will improve as I'm sure the players will be on top form to want to play in this tie.

Hope our home grown boys can impress too... Imagine the feeling growing up playing local football in Bristol, then on to the mighty City and having an opportunity to play against Man Utd. What a dream.

They’re the biggest club in Salford.

Plus there is only One Team In Bristol.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

A one, a two, a one, two, three....

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You’re right it was a tongue in cheek comment, although I do recall collecting vouchers back in the 70’s, which could be used for big games. As well as old season ticket books also have vouchers in the back! 

Yep , always did that sort of thing. Plus would help stop ManYoo fans getting home tickets. 

Easy for me to say mind, I have a ST ;)

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

How many times have we played ****ing Gillingham, since 1980? Come On!!!!!

:banana:

Don’t mention Gillingham more than 3 times otherwise the buggers will turn up again.

Still don’t know how that ‘stand’ gets a safety certificate, our SAG would have kittens about that.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's referred to as "matchday prices" which doesn't specify the competition and can therefore be assumed to cover both League and Cup:

IMG_6894.PNG

I suppose every adult paid a minimum of £21 on Tuesday did they? Cant have it both ways.

We should take the rough with the smooth, the MU prices will be much higher than that and good on the club.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fair point. Principal is still true though. If you've been to a game this season you'll get a ticket 

I hope you are right. As a member who has already been to three games this season, if I miss out to Gary from Hartcliffe who's never been to Manchester, doesn't know how to get there, but has a Red Devil's tattoo and a Sky Sports subscription...then this grown man will cry.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you are right. As a member who has already been to three games this season, if I miss out to Gary from Hartcliffe who's never been to Manchester, doesn't know how to get there, but has a Red Devil's tattoo and a Sky Sports subscription...then this grown man will cry.

I've just spoken with Gary and he's attending a Carol concert that night, so you're in. :clapping:

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I suppose every adult paid a minimum of £21 on Tuesday did they? Cant have it both ways.

We should take the rough with the smooth, the MU prices will be much higher than that and good on the club.

Discounting a game is very different to suddenly putting prices up. One is good PR, strengthens relationships with the fans, and boosts a small crowd, the other is a PR disaster and leaves a sour taste - not to mention making the game unaffordable for some.

I expect the club to do the right thing and honour the structure. You might be OK with screwing the fans to make a few more bucks, I'm not.

14 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Hope at least 2 of Bryan, Reid, Kelly and Vyner all get minutes. It's the kind of occasion kids dream of (bar the world cup) growing up. Would like to see Kelly or Bryan at LB instead of Magnússon too.

Archived