IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

12 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You’re right it was a tongue in cheek comment, although I do recall collecting vouchers back in the 70’s, which could be used for big games. As well as old season ticket books also have vouchers in the back! 

Remember before the Leeds or Liverpool F.A.Cup game in the 70's you got a voucher if you attended the previous home game.

26,000 crowd turned up to watch Oxford iirc., although on the day many turned round again after paying to get in and being handed their voucher and didn't actually stay to watch the match.

I’ve unashamedly just renewed my two forever bristol memberships, I didn’t bother this year as it’s never a problem getting tickets, but I want to give myself a good chance of getting Man Utd tickets so have paid out.  I’ve been paying into the community trust for more than 5 years as well and have been coming to watch City since 1990 and have years of purchase history, so hopefully I don’t lose out!

The OP is certainly not a sag, he is just a senior red who has lost his marbles a bit!

His points have some truth to them.. it will be overhyped, it could well distract us from the league but these small negatives pale in comparison to all the positives.. so why even bother mentioning them, let alone dwelling on them.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Discounting a game is very different to suddenly putting prices up. One is good PR, strengthens relationships with the fans, and boosts a small crowd, the other is a PR disaster and leaves a sour taste - not to mention making the game unaffordable for some.

I expect the club to do the right thing and honour the structure. You might be OK with screwing the fans to make a few more bucks, I'm not.

When push come to shove, you are spot on. 

We don't know yet that Sky has selected this match as one of the two live games. 

The debate about playing our best XI in front of the millions watching is a non-starter until its selected. Whilst the armchair fan would like to see a Championship club take on Manure, Sky might bow to advertising contracts and go for an all Premier League match. 

I'd want it on Sky so I can watch it here in Norn Iron! Manure is the best supported club over here. I could give many reasons why it should be live over here, because of the intended audience (plus me and a few in Belfast) but will Sky see it my way?

I'd say it's too close to call.

6 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Surely this will be the biggest grossing game ever at Ashton Gate, with ticket sales, hospitality packages and bar sales.

Plus TV money it should be a nice little earner for the club

Can see it now all of the above and plod say they cant police it so it needs to be changed to some obscure time date.  Sarcasm by the way for those that take it literally :laugh:

• Admin
1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

We don't know yet that Sky has selected this match as one of the two live games. 

The debate about playing our best XI in front of the millions watching is a non-starter until its selected. Whilst the armchair fan would like to see a Championship club take on Manure, Sky might bow to advertising contracts and go for an all Premier League match. 

I'd want it on Sky so I can watch it here in Norn Iron! Manure is the best supported club over here. I could give many reasons why it should be live over here, because of the intended audience (plus me and a few in Belfast) but will Sky see it my way?

:laugh:

Every Man Utd domestic cup match is televised

Though if anyone knows anyone selling an extra ticket I would be interested. Or if 3 people have tickets next to each other but one can’t make it maybe we could swap my 2 Dolman tickets plus cash for the 3. My misses and I have season cards but my 10 year old will be here for Christmas by then from USA and I don’t want him or my misses to not attend. I’d gladly give up mine but the wife insists I take him which I’d feel bad about. Anyway, a long shot but thought I’d give it an ask early. 

Just now, Wanderingred said:

The OP is certainly not a sag, he is just a senior red who has lost his marbles a bit!

His points have some truth to them.. it will be overhyped, it could well distract us from the league but these small negatives pale in comparison to all the positives.. so why even bother mentioning them, let alone dwelling on them.

Well exactly !

Win every game.

then win the shopping when you get home

Then Thrash the kids at crazy golf

There are winners and there are losers.

You play in red - ergo you are expected to win

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hasn’t every Man U cup match been on telly since John Loagie Baird first showed a picture on a screen?

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember before the Leeds or Liverpool F.A.Cup game in the 70's you got a voucher if you attended the previous home game.

26,000 crowd turned up to watch Oxford iirc., although on the day many turned round again after paying to get in and being handed their voucher and didn't actually stay to watch the match.

Can remember the same for the Liverpool cup game in '94. I also seem to remember that you needed 2 vouchers!

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know you're half-joking but not a fan of any system that forces people to spend more money than they should have to just to attend the one they really want to. STH or existing member with booking history status should be enough.

Totally agree mate, several years ago I wanted to take some Glasgow based work contacts to see Rangers in the champions league.....but they told me I'd have to buy tickets for every group game, I couldn't just get tickets for one....so that was that...

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Though if anyone knows anyone selling an extra ticket I would be interested. Or if 3 people have tickets next to each other but one can’t make it maybe we could swap my 2 Dolman tickets plus cash for the 3. My misses and I have season cards but my 10 year old will be here for Christmas by then from USA and I don’t want him or my misses to not attend. I’d gladly give up mine but the wife insists I take him which I’d feel bad about. Anyway, a long shot but thought I’d give it an ask early. 

I'm sure you'll be able to buy 3 in a row when they come on sale...

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Yes sure thing, but in my mind there isn’t and in my opinion there shouldn’t be. 

We are playing against one of the greatest clubs in World football, it’s going to be watched by millions, we want to go out there and try are hardest to win this game.

We owe it to the club and the 10,000s of fans like me and probably you who have supported this club for years ( in my case over 40).

I was there this season against Plymouth and I was there in the dark days of the early 80s and for fans like myself I want this club to do it self justice and #makebristolproud

But....it's a bit tinpot playing your full strength team. In the league cup. Don't we want City to be like other top class clubs, and prioritise the league? It's all the rage, these days.

We're not Rovers, we're the City....

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Archived