IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Just now, palmerred said:

It's a fair point you make but surely you want fans watching the game getting involved, or at least I would like to think the club would. 

Doesnt ruin my match day experience no, but if fans who have been going for years lose out on tickets to anyone who will lose interest in match and would rather play on an iPad, I would question why take them in the first place.

Because it’s getting them interested in going out for the day down the City. 

When I was young we had the luxury of being able to kick a can around at the bottom of the East End. We barely noticed much of the football that was being played. We’d only ever pop our heads up when the crowd got more excited. 

What other people do down the Gate is none of your business. 

5 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

That wasnt addressed by your recommendation though.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Club reduces prices when its unattractive opposition, the fans almost demand it.

Only right therefore that they price this game to get the maximum revenue. I expect and wouldnt begrudge paying £50+. Maybe knock off a tenner as a goodwill gesture for season ticket holder

If City ask for £50, they can stuff it

Here's one STH who definitely won't be going.

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Season ticket holders will only get one ticket each.

Exactly. I'm a season ticket holder and I only expect one ticket.  I've made lots of new friends since around 6pm today and much as I would like to get tickets for them all the club will quite rightly play fair on this.

1 minute ago, MrBibs said:

Exactly. I'm a season ticket holder and I only expect one ticket.  I've made lots of new friends since around 6pm today and much as I would like to get tickets for them all the club will quite rightly play fair on this.

Same here. Advised anyone who’s asked about Man Utd  tickets to purchase a 1/2 season ticket....

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree about Steele, but not the rest.

No way on earth should we be even thinking about giving youngsters "game time" in a big game like this.

Joe Jordan didn't do so against Bradford or v Forest.

Provided none are suspended or injured the outfield players should include:

Pisano, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Hörður, Baker

Pato, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Eliasson

Reid, Diedhiou (if he is fit) Đurić and Taylor.

With the 2 goalies in the squad that is 18 players, this is no time for anything other than our very best players for a cup quarter final.

Agree with this. There's no way Jose's bus will be able to withstand our 6-6-4 formation.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree it's ridiculous, but they are one of the world's biggest clubs, do I totally understand it too! Their away support is always superb despite every game being on tv....so different to their home support....proper Salford lads...

I totally get why Sky and BT want their games as larger audiences allow them to charge more for adverts but when the Beeb is funded by us regardless, they are often guilty of ignoring more romantic ties in order to show Utd. That I don't agree with.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Except membership is advertised as having a benefit of priority for tickets. So basically you would probably be breaking some kind of trading standards by going back on that now. Same goes for all those suggesting new members don't get any priority over non-members.

They may be able to claim that it doesn't state exactly which games are covered by the prioritisation rules I suppose. Not applying it in exactly the scenario where it counts would be a bit bizarre though. Could put people off buying them next season

I suppose as long its priority over general sale thats OK.

The club can defuse the situation by making memberships after draw invalid and refunding customers. Having too many members devalues the membership.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I totally get why Sky and BT want their games as larger audiences allow them to charge more for adverts but when the Beeb is funded by us regardless, they are often guilty of ignoring more romantic ties in order to show Utd. That I don't agree with.

Them being the BBC's local club now, I suppose they feel they ought to support them!

17 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ alive.

Those on the iPads might - just might - be fans of the future when old duckers like me are dead and buried.

Let them come. Old and young.

Then they should be introduced to the gate when they're old enough to appreciate it, not when they'd rather be pissing about on a bloody iPad. 

They should be selling the shit out of memberships and then when the tickets are available to members offer them by membership length.  It's an opportunity to get more people on the database and don't forget we'll have more tickets to sell for the semi and the final.

23 minutes ago, Judda said:

I'm sure you'll be able to buy 3 in a row when they come on sale...

No I’m sure it’ll be one ticket per season card and fair enough I’ll get the two but will need a third to make everyone happy. Super long shot but got to try huh? If it was a week before there’d be no problem. Guess I’ll just start getting my boy a membership every season for the 3 weeks he’s here. 

Whatever way they mix it up, some people are going to feel disadvantaged.

Hopefully this won't turn in to a witch hunt and hopefully there is a degree of 'priority' for those opting for the lower level hospitality, rather that the well coined outsiders who would rather pay a tonne than get involved on a weekly basis.

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Then they should be introduced to the gate when they're old enough to appreciate it, not when they'd rather be pissing about on a bloody iPad. 

You got kids?

I’ve got 3. 2 girls and a boy. Youngest is 8.

As others have said kids come as it’s what they do with their dad. True of my girls certainly.

If that’s what they like and do then good on them ;)

I'm fully anticipating to be watching this on the tv... I'm a city fan living in London, but didn't renew my forever Bristol this season as I watch away games more regularly... its just the way it goes I guess.

Being a city fan all my life doesn't count for anything sadly when draws like this happen!

The club becomes less accessible for those not living in Bristol when success comes, it's just the way it is.  

46 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

If that's a serious offer then it's very generous of you! However, it may be worth letting the club release ticket details first!

Yep serious offer, I'm in Manchester that week (the irony!) I'd much rather see my ticket go to a city fan than a plastic who won't go again 

Archived