IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Am I missing something. I'm a ST holder so not worried personally but we have what about 13000 season ticket holders, not sure members but I'd say no more than 2,000 that's 15,000 surely 10,000 will go on general sale, yes there will be very high demand but surely if your not a ST/Member there's still a good chance of getting a ticket? 

I dont know but with so many people playing Saturday football, working Saturday’s, financial situation etc I had always presumed membership was as many people as ST holders if not more.

I would be surprised to see general sale of more than 3,000 tickets.

United still wont play 100% full strength team but even their bench and reserves are full of internationals. They will still want silverware though

Will be a very hard game for us, but cup upsets often happen.

Will definitely get switched to Wednesday if United have a game on the Sunday.

Any guesses as to when tickets will start going on sale.

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

Season ticket holders will get ONE ticket. Simple and correct. 

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Did anyone see the Craig Shakespeare/ Tony Pulis one in the normal PL game between Leicester and WBA? Instant life bans required 

Surely if those scarves are meant to suggest two very similar people they should have either read; Tony Pulis/Sadaam Hussein or Tony Pulis/Satan?

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm a member and not worried in the slightest about being able to get a ticket. 

The club won't be stupid enough to suddenly allow thousands of new members to join and have the same priority as those of us who purchased at the start of the season and have attended games.

I hope you're right, I really do, but I'm not convinced the terms and conditions permit them to make the distinction between existing members and new ones. The stated benefits are exactly the same for people joining now as they were for those of us who joined in the summer.

Anyway I've appealed to the club via the Q&A to do the sensible and right thing, so we'll have to wait and see.

16 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Membership or not, if any plastic Mancs get hold of tickets in any home stand and make themselves known through wearing Utd kit or cheering when they score, they'll be chucked out. It's a criminal offence to buy a ticket in the wrong end 

I was thinking about this earlier. Let's be honest the people who are likely to in our end most likely havnt been to a live football match in their life. They may be in for a huge shock...

I don't condone violence one little bit but what I do know is Ashton Gate isn't the sort of place you want to be cheering another team on from the home end.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's referred to as "matchday prices" which doesn't specify the competition and can therefore be assumed to cover both League and Cup:

IMG_6894.PNG

I bet you weren’t as keen to hold them to that when they charged £12 for other games..?! 

I held a season ticket last season however moved away from Bristol this summer so did not renew. I have also attended home and away games this season including palace in the previous round but only purchased a membership after the draw today, as previously have never needed one to get a ticket. 

I hope the club are able to take previous games this season into account and don't just shut out everyone that purchased a membership today.

Im slightly concerned but we shall see. Anyone know when the ticket details will be released? 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I'm not convinced the terms and conditions permit them to make the distinction between existing members and new ones. The stated benefits are exactly the same for people joining now as they were for those of us who joined in the summer.

Anyway I've appealed to the club via the Q&A to do the sensible and right thing, so we'll have to wait and see.

If someone is not already on the database couldn't the club say that they suspect these people are Man Utd fans and that causes a risk of trouble happening so their memberships are void?

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well this is the side they played against Burton...

• Romero
  • Darmian
  • Lindelof
  • Smalling
  • Blind
  • Herrera
  • Carrick
  • Lingard
  • Mata
  • Martial 
  • Rashford

..... Not bad....

Đurić will murder Smalling! Joe will smash Martial. Korey will demolish Carrick and as long as Lindelof plays we have a great chance!!!:fingerscrossed:

After the delight of drawing man Utd in the cup came the despair. Rather than people celebrating and acknowledging one our biggest game in years, and all the positives we get with it, we receive fans moaning and arguing about tickets and how their individual view should be the way forward.

First we've had season ticket holders only, then don't allow new members, then don't give a full away allocation, and now seeing no child prices.

This all screams of selfishness by posters who create these threads, a singlemindedness and superiority in order for THEM to gain.

Quite frankly, I'm not a season ticket holder, and I doubt very much I will be able to get a ticket to the game.....but I will not start making pointless demands in order to suit myself and for me to gain.

The fact is people are going to miss out, that's life.....we are not in s communist state and quite probably people who have never seen city before will get tickets when hardened fans won't.....move on.

As much as I would like to be there, I will settle for 2nd best.....no doubt on the box and enjoy watching players against some of the best in the world.

Let's enjoy the moment but this nonsense and self importance (which of course is something you will never see me do) is very tiresome and lacks class.

13 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

The half season tickets start from the Reading game after the United game so pretty sure that won’t work as a way in 

The club could market half season tickets with the added benefit of receiving priority for this game? We would make quite a lot of sells whilst boosting attendence for the rest of the season.

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Just out of interest does your "no concessions" policy stretch to over 65's as well? I'm dam sure a lot of them have earned the right to pay a bit less 

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

After the delight of drawing man Utd in the cup came the despair. Rather than people celebrating and acknowledging one our biggest game in years, and all the positives we get with it, we receive fans moaning and arguing about tickets and how their individual view should be the way forward.

First we've had season ticket holders only, then don't allow new members, then don't give a full away allocation, and now seeing no child prices.

This all screams of selfishness by posters who create these threads, a singlemindedness and superiority in order for THEM to gain.

Quite frankly, I'm not a season ticket holder, and I doubt very much I will be able to get a ticket to the game.....but I will not start making pointless demands in order to suit myself and for me to gain.

The fact is people are going to miss out, that's life.....we are not in s communist state and quite probably people who have never seen city before will get tickets when hardened fans won't.....move on.

As much as I would like to be there, I will settle for 2nd best.....no doubt on the box and enjoy watching players against some of the best in the world.

Let's enjoy the moment but this nonsense and self importance (which of course is something you will never see me do) is very tiresome and lacks class.

Completely agree, rightly or wrongly the club will want to maximise their revenue from their game. Unfortunately, this will mean fans may not get tickets and people who’ve never been to the gate will, that is the draw of the opposition. 

This game will showcase Bristol City Football Club, our fantastic stadium, a young and hungry team who will raise their game and could possibly cause an upset of Utd’s attitude isn’t right.

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

Expecting everyone to pay £30 defeats the loyalty points and membership system

Archived