IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

It's a fantastic draw. Not very often will the history books show us playing a cup quarter final against Man U.

This could be akin as the Liverpool game(s) were to a generation.

Lets hope the flood lights don't fail (or hope they do!).

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I see absolutely no harm in getting excited about the visit of one of the biggest clubs in the world - theee-times European champions - for the first time in our lives for many of us. It's a rare and special occasion.

"crapper of the two Manchester clubs" is hardly a fair reflection of United's pedigree over the years is it.

Form is transient and no doubt Man U/C will swap places regularly over the coming years.

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

I reckon we’ll win this, or at least get bloody close.

My view, the pressure's on them and we all know what pressure does to teams.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Correct.

Is it a criminal offence or a football regulations one?

Nonetheless, they would be ejected by a steward- or the home fans maybe. :whistle2:

Interesting. As I know there were a lot of City fans in the Coventry end when we won the league a couple of years back...

1 hour ago, eardun said:

I guess if they are playing on the Sunday before, it is more likely that we will play them on the Weds rather than the Tues (whether or not on TV).

Manchester will play whenever the live televised game is on because they must always feature. Surely those are the rules. 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to say a large number of posts on this thread reminds me of one of the reasons I'm in no hurry to join the Premier over hyped Circus

Cursed chalice that it is. We know full well that once you make the Prem, anything resembling normal football as we know it is gone.

Got to be in it to win it apparently.

29 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to say a large number of posts on this thread reminds me of one of the reasons I'm in no hurry to join the Premier over hyped Circus

Agree mate: I’m out of the country for the game but plenty of people suddenly my best mate asking for tickets. Where were they at Colchester away!? Or Gillingham. Would love a season in the Prem for obvious reasons but don’t fancy becoming part of the corporate noise that is modern football. 

2 hours ago, Cider Army said:

I don't have a season ticket because of work commitments but have a forever Bristol membership with plenty of history so I'm going to be pretty p***ed if I can't get two tickets for me and my lad.ive had season tickets in the past and I hope the club do the right thing and make sure our home ends will be city through and through!!

2 tickets!! good luck with that, sorry you have no chance.

4 hours ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Hang your head in shame !

In 1989 ages 5 I was dragged along as a kid who only went as dad had no one to look after me, I'm now in my thirties and had a season ticket for last 27 years because I was given the opportunity to go when I was younger.

What the hell makes you think you are more worthy to go to this game than a my daughter and son aged 6,4 who both have season tickets? 

They are the future of the club.

Luckily the club don't think like you. My daughter has just enjoyed two days at the clubs half term footy camp which they invested in with staff/ visits from 1st teams players etc to make them feel part of the club.

You SIR are a joke who thinks you meanore to the club than these youngsters? 

Ive never been so offended by a post in my life and literally can't believe your post.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

After the delight of drawing man Utd in the cup came the despair. Rather than people celebrating and acknowledging one our biggest game in years, and all the positives we get with it, we receive fans moaning and arguing about tickets and how their individual view should be the way forward.

First we've had season ticket holders only, then don't allow new members, then don't give a full away allocation, and now seeing no child prices.

This all screams of selfishness by posters who create these threads, a singlemindedness and superiority in order for THEM to gain.

Quite frankly, I'm not a season ticket holder, and I doubt very much I will be able to get a ticket to the game.....but I will not start making pointless demands in order to suit myself and for me to gain.

The fact is people are going to miss out, that's life.....we are not in s communist state and quite probably people who have never seen city before will get tickets when hardened fans won't.....move on.

As much as I would like to be there, I will settle for 2nd best.....no doubt on the box and enjoy watching players against some of the best in the world.

Let's enjoy the moment but this nonsense and self importance (which of course is something you will never see me do) is very tiresome and lacks class.

Probaly the first and last time I've ever agreed with you! I think your mum must have locked you in your box room and logged onto your account and spoke for you !! 

5 hours ago, Midred said:

Anyone know how long the EFL are signed up with Carabao? The thought of another year or two of their organisation....! Can we have our Milk cup back please?

We seemed to survive perfectly alright as the League and FA Cup for over a hundred years. Both have been foolishly diluted by fools at the League and FA and will continue to be so unless they rid the trophy of names of sponsors especially inept ones with names of animals that have never lived on these shores. 

I am also advised the product tastes horrible but assume hundreds of thousands of cans will be consumed by individuals around England only for them never to buy or drink the freebie product ever again. 

The fans deserve their cup back. At least that old chap at the top of the Football League has said there is a disconnect to the fans. Pity he has no idea why even though It stares him in the face.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh let's call them Manchester, but when they say City they mean their main rivals.....there were Man U fans on Twitter today saying they'd probably 'draw City' in the league cup quarter final....total disrespect to ourselves and Leicester....arrogance!

There are even people on here who say 'City' meaning Man City - on a Bristol 'City' forum - unbelievable! 

For the Manchester fans that does make sense though.

If we say "Rovers" it's pretty clear we mean the blue few rather than Blackburn or Doncaster.

But you have a point about City (Bristol) fans using "City" to refer to City (Manchester) rather than City (Bristol)

The fact that all the 'Big' clubs managed to avoid each other makes it more likely that we'll be selected for TV as there's no glamour tie.......... and the fact that we are playing Man U and they ALWAYS get selected for cup games on TV.

Considering we'll be sold out anyway the extra TV revenue is just an added bonus.

Has anyone seen the paltry prize money for this cup. £20k if we beat them. Pittance

6 hours ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Personally I hope you don’t get a ticket!! I can then lend you a kids dummy and you can sulk like the pathetic muppet you are!! What a joke of a post

8 hours ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

Wow I hope you enjoy being the saddest gimp that supposedly supports city!! Enjoy watching Radstock and do the rest of us a favour and stay watching them you ****

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

After the delight of drawing man Utd in the cup came the despair. Rather than people celebrating and acknowledging one our biggest game in years, and all the positives we get with it, we receive fans moaning and arguing about tickets and how their individual view should be the way forward.

First we've had season ticket holders only, then don't allow new members, then don't give a full away allocation, and now seeing no child prices.

This all screams of selfishness by posters who create these threads, a singlemindedness and superiority in order for THEM to gain.

Quite frankly, I'm not a season ticket holder, and I doubt very much I will be able to get a ticket to the game.....but I will not start making pointless demands in order to suit myself and for me to gain.

The fact is people are going to miss out, that's life.....we are not in s communist state and quite probably people who have never seen city before will get tickets when hardened fans won't.....move on.

As much as I would like to be there, I will settle for 2nd best.....no doubt on the box and enjoy watching players against some of the best in the world.

Let's enjoy the moment but this nonsense and self importance (which of course is something you will never see me do) is very tiresome and lacks class.

Your best post on here,ever-i for one,with all the squabbles, the greed,selfishness on display am for sure not creaming myself over us playing Utd.........

Imagine this,it would be magnified twenty fold if we were ever to reach the premier league....the whole thing is base & makes me want to puke.

People will miss out - but to improve revenue and increase atmosphere, I hope City can sort out a 'fans area' where both sets of fans without tickets can have a beer and watch on a huge screen (yes I know it's December - roast some bloody chestnuts or something!)

Maybe in a large internal venue, or a Queens Square like set-up.

Fiver a ticket, pub prices for drinks with lots of outlets, 10+ food vendors and appropriate security to allow fans to mix with minimal segregation.

Talk to the bus company to lay on shuttles to TM, have a designated taxi rank etc

I know it's not the same as being inside AG, but Richmond did it at their training ground for their fans who couldn't get into the MCG for the Grand Final.

20,000+ people spending on drinks food and merchandise (and next years memberships....)

It would be a ball-ache esp with A+S finest baton twirlers likely to be involved, but City could make a fair few quid if they rented an area, and supplied the beer and burgers for sale.

I reckon we'd sell a few hundred season tickets as well if we won.

That's the attitude a progressive club should take - offer a second option which makes those who missed out feel a bit better, promote the club and make a few Tilsons in the process

SL could rent the mem for a tenner....  :ph34r:

Seriously, the club should be right on this as soon as the definite game date is confirmed.

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

There are plenty of other games to do the "big sell to children".

And you’ve followed City for 68 years.

Whoopy ******* do. My guess is iPads weren’t invented when you first went to the Gate.

Did you bring conkers to play with in your pocket when you got bored? 

Edie will be there on the night. And if she gets bored she’ll be playing Candy Crush.

Hard luck.

Archived