IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

We don't want to come across like Yeovil here. We are a well supported Champ club. We are not Minnows! 

Precisely, which is why we've got enough support to justify an outside event.

Money for the club, a chance for fans to watch in a bigger venue.. win-win.

I think, if allowed, the Sports Bar would be a great option. Was perfect for the England games in the World Cup and i'm sure you could potentially squeeze a few hundred in there. 

24 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Give them the whole end, every "genuine" City supporter will get a ticket no problem if they are on the ball when they go on sale.

It will be quite some atmosphere on the night with a full away end and our three sides full.

Manchester have one of the best and most vocal away supports' in the country. Possibly the best actually. Only their hardcore get away tickets so it's genuine united fans and they have a fantastic array of unique songs.

Problem is, unless the rest of the ground outside of S82 raise their game, they will comfortably outsing us. All of the ground needs to be up for it that night.

2 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Can we make it a 'thing' to refer to them as 'Manchester' in the entire build up to this game? Just to wind them up a bit.

The amount of times i've seen us referred to as 'Bristol' in the last 12 hours has started to grate on me haha.

Yes! @Ian M please could we have a new @Robbored filter for the terms 'Manchester United' 'Man Utd' 'Man Yoo' 'Manure' etc and make them autocorrect to 'Manchester' :P

Just copied from Manchester's forum.....................................

OnlyTwoDaSilvas said:
What's the chances of getting a home ticket for this? Will they go on general sale, or will it sell out to members first?

My mate wants to go. He's a very casual City fan, hasn't been to a game since he was a kid, and I'm obvs a United fan, so if we can get a ticket, I'd definitely go n'all. I'm not holding out hope though.

You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United !

No, not a racist rant, but that Ive already had phone calls with offers for my season tickets for the Manchester game.

Assuming nearly 4000 go to MU, 15000 STs that leaves 7500 ish for members.  There will be no more available and they are going to be worth a fortune on the black market.

Not that any true City fan would want to take the money and watch on TV though I suppose, but a few may be unable due to work or other commitments and a few may have arranged an early Christmas break.

Wonder how many tickets will be available for those willing to pay second hand market prices and how much they will go for.

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you are right. As a member who has already been to three games this season, if I miss out to Gary from Hartcliffe who's never been to Manchester, doesn't know how to get there, but has a Red Devil's tattoo and a Sky Sports subscription...then this grown man will cry.

Three games also,but without the membership-may I join you in a good cry!?

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Well yes in this instance but I was talking about the more general resentment that seems to be an undercurrent sometimes.  It crops up every now and then usually when it's time to buy season tickets or move people around the stadium.

Fair enough. Can’t say it’s something I’ve picked up on. Then again I only get to one or two home games a season.

Maybe people resent me!? :sad26:

With 27000 seats now, or almost 23k seats for City fans, there will be many more of us/those that have "paid their dues" by sticking with us through the L1 years (of tedium), able to get a ticket than would have had we got the draw in a cup we have long gone without during the rebuild, or even before that, when the capacity was down as low as 19k or so. As long as the staff get the "purchase history" thing bang on.

So hats off to our glorious majority owner, exiled in Guernsey, and his ongoing largesse, (yes, credit it when it's due; and, brickbats when it's not, ok?) for our sparkling new 21st century ground, with no tents, and it's increased capacity.

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

People will miss out - but to improve revenue and increase atmosphere, I hope City can sort out a 'fans area' where both sets of fans without tickets can have a beer and watch on a huge screen (yes I know it's December - roast some bloody chestnuts or something!)

Maybe in a large internal venue, or a Queens Square like set-up.

Fiver a ticket, pub prices for drinks with lots of outlets, 10+ food vendors and appropriate security to allow fans to mix with minimal segregation.

Talk to the bus company to lay on shuttles to TM, have a designated taxi rank etc

I know it's not the same as being inside AG, but Richmond did it at their training ground for their fans who couldn't get into the MCG for the Grand Final.

I really doubt this will happen. Internally the club can't use the SPB or outside screen for their own live games I think I've seen previously. Away from the gate it'll just be too much hassle surely? Security and policing costs would be too high. Weather likely to be crap. It's bound to be on Sky. Anyone wanting to watch it without a ticket would be best off sticking £40 in their pocket and heading to the Luckwell, Rising Sun, Miners, Robins, Lions etc and giving money to decent boozers in BS3. 

10 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:
Just copied from Manchester's forum.....................................

OnlyTwoDaSilvas said:
What's the chances of getting a home ticket for this? Will they go on general sale, or will it sell out to members first?

My mate wants to go. He's a very casual City fan, hasn't been to a game since he was a kid, and I'm obvs a United fan, so if we can get a ticket, I'd definitely go n'all. I'm not holding out hope though.

You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United !

Are they confusing us with the horse punchers?!

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd suggest anyone prepared to sign up for a 1 1/2 year season ticket just to get to see Man Utd reserves is not particularly somebody who you'd want at AG 

IMHO Its laughable that people think that Man United fans even Bristol ones would be / are so desperate to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch their massive tie at AG 

Hardly their biggest game in the coming months 

Some of the posts in the last 18hrs are 'interesting' and 'amusing'

Some of our fan base coming across as bit star struck , and people's demands or cries for this , that and the other are not our finest hour IMHO but probably just reflect modern society, and modern football 

Reflecting back I guess there was the same scramble and queue jostling when we reached PO Final so maybe nothing's changed , games like this just shows the wrong side of people

In fairness, put simply, Man United are the biggest club we've faced in 23 years. That's an entire generation of support that haven't witnessed us play one of the true 'big boys' of English football. Maybe it's a bit different for those who are old enough to have witnessed the First Division days but for many of us this is the first time we will be able to watch one of the biggest clubs in the world play at Ashton Gate. Whilst I appreciate it's not a main priority for United we are now at the QF stage and Mourinho has demonstrated in the past that he likes to win this trophy (four time winner) so it's still a relatively big game for them in context, as opposed to a third round FA Cup game or something.

I do agree on the ticket hysteria though. There's about 22k home tickets available. 13.5k will go to season ticket holders and the rest will be made up of members and people on the database. I wouldn't be surprised if the club introduce a priority category for people on the database who've attended at least 1/2 games this season either. Our own support is big enough now to ensure that 99.9% of the home ends will be made up of bona fide City fans.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Let people buy memberships, then announce that those who joined after 4pm yesterday will get in the queue BEHIND those who were members before that.

More money for the club, more genuine City fans in the seats.

Not a bad idea, but essentially after season tickets there aren't enough members so we're not going to be talking about massive numbers anyway, it'll still make general sale.

Like above who's to say that if anyone buys a membership now (and I don't believe many would until ticket details are released) that they don't come back again? 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

No, not a racist rant, but that Ive already had phone calls with offers for my season tickets for the Manchester game.

Assuming nearly 4000 go to MU, 15000 STs that leaves 7500 ish for members.  There will be no more available and they are going to be worth a fortune on the black market.

Not that any true City fan would want to take the money and watch on TV though I suppose, but a few may be unable due to work or other commitments and a few may have arranged an early Christmas break.

Wonder how many tickets will be available for those willing to pay second hand market prices and how much they will go for.

Show me enough money and I'll happily take it and just before Christmas.

I didn't buy a season ticket hoping to watch Man U this season although I can assure you that I would feel differently if it was the Championship play off final at Wembley.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes! @Ian M please could we have a new @Robbored filter for the terms 'Manchester United' 'Man Utd' 'Man Yoo' 'Manure' etc and make them autocorrect to 'Manchester' :P

Tbh, PF, im not as excited as some at the prospect of Man Utd coming to AG. I'll get a ticket of course but I'd have preferred a smaller club like B'muff who City might have stood a chance against at AG.

I hope Jose won't see us as a serious threat and plays a reserve side. That'll disappoint all the Bristolian fake Man Utd fans.

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I reckon they will make general sale.

Close to Christmas so for a lot of people money is tight, other social engagements going on, people going away for the festive season etc...

Yeah, I'm the same. Lend my ticket to friends if I cannot attend. Had a wedding at the weekend, lent mine and my son's tickets to friends. Was gutted to be missing the game, wasn't so sad after the result. 

Took no money from them, just glad that two people who otherwise couldn't have gone, got to see the City play.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Not a bad idea, but essentially after season tickets there aren't enough members so we're not going to be talking about massive numbers anyway, it'll still make general sale.

Like above who's to say that if anyone buys a membership now (and I don't believe many would until ticket details are released) that they don't come back again? 

I actually have no idea how many members we have (had before yesterday's draw)?

That's fair enough, if it raises the profile of the club and brings a new influx of City fans into the gate every week then it can only be a good thing.

However you have to give priority to those who have been going and suffering poor cup draw after poor cup draw for years first and foremost. As LJ said on the official site, the fans deserve this.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Well we kept being told 27K stadium. Now capacity much lower hmmmmm

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

27.5K on paper...

However:

• First 2 rows of Atyeo not sold owing to pitch incursions v Birmingham
  • 10% reduction in areas with unreserved seating.
  • Read something about 10% reduction in away end too as anticipation away fans would stand- I don't know if that's additional or separate to the first 2 rows thing.

It is a 27k stadium on paper and a crowd of 27k could be achieved for a rugby match. However, due to around 500 seats being needed for segregation in the Atyeo the highest potential crowd for a football match is circa 26,500.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It is a 27k stadium on paper and a crowd of 27k could be achieved for a rugby match. However, due to around 500 seats being needed for segregation in the Atyeo the highest potential crowd for a football match is circa 26,500.

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/eng/ashton_gate

StadiumDB estimates it at 27,699

Splitting hairs though- pretty sure there is a 10% reduction in S82, due to unreserved seating.

Archived