IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Bit of help please, I need two sets of tickets. 

Firstly for next sat, do you have to be a member?

secondly for the Man U game. Do I have any chance?

i don’t have much of a history of going to games as I don’t live in Bristol. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets-memberships/

There you go. Should see you right for a weekend ticket, don't think they have announced ticket arrangements for the cup game yet.

I was so excited about this tie :laugh: - first big big team in my living memory at Ashton Gate.

Then I realised it wasn't until December. 

I've got an operation on my knee on Tuesday 19th December, and sure enough that's exactly when it'll be, or the day after when I'm not really allowed to move :sad26:

So really hoping it's televised and I'm able to get home in time to watch! :yawn:

PS: Not a season ticket holder before anyone PMs me asking for my ticket! 

Pretty sure the capacity stated is around 26.5-27k not the 27.5k originally planned.  If you have unreserved seating you loose 10% in that area.. so realistically 26k will be about the limit

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I get the 'Manchester' thing, but who's going to see it? Are we really expecting a load of their fans to sign up here in anticipation of the game?

And, from what I know, it doesn't annoy them nearly as much as you'd hope it would. They'd see it as a dig at their neighbours more than anything else. 

Possibly not on here, but social media etc....

It's just a bit of banter, and I would only do it in response to being referred to as 'Bristol' anyway.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It will be on sky sports, no need for this 

Yeah, but all screens are too small - I want something almost as big as seeing it at the ground!

I'll try to get tickets, but as I am usually too relaxed and never in a hurry, I'll definitely miss out in the rush...

26 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

That would be equally as wrong though.

Either accept new members on equal terms or don't accept new members. 

BCFC is a loss making business and has been for decades so on the very very rare occasion that demand outstrips supply then I have sympathy for the club in their efforts to maximise income. No matter what- there will be disappointed fans.

Ultimately- it's the current season ticket holders who are the financial life blood of the club and should ( and will) all get one ticket. The rest is all up for grabs and the club will try and balance fairness with income potential with the net result of people kicking off .

As an aside, I'd much prefer to be watching City v Man U twice next season than once in 37 years.

I see nothing unfair about not giving priority cup tickets to those who buy memberships in the immediate aftermath of a juicy cup draw. 

I don’t really care either way as I’ll buy my ST seat and be happy whatever. But I don’t see why people who buy memberships with the sole purpose of paying their way to the front of the queue should be given priority over those who have had them since the start of the season and actually attended games. 

Perhaps they may even add a new layer before general sale, for people who attended a prior round tie this year?

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Half of whom will be watching on 5" phones while hash-tagging their friends on split screen. 

Don't think so, it's pretty difficult to find streams of games on the phone.

As for being able to watch video and be able to use other apps on split screen! Great idea - but I don't think it's possible on phones :(

"You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United "

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/league-cup-5th-round-draw-bristol-city-v-united-worth-waiting-for.433429/page-5

Blimey - I thought our top boys were students

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

That would be equally as wrong though.

Either accept new members on equal terms or don't accept new members. 

BCFC is a loss making business and has been for decades so on the very very rare occasion that demand outstrips supply then I have sympathy for the club in their efforts to maximise income. No matter what- there will be disappointed fans.

Ultimately- it's the current season ticket holders who are the financial life blood of the club and should ( and will) all get one ticket. The rest is all up for grabs and the club will try and balance fairness with income potential with the net result of people kicking off .

As an aside, I'd much prefer to be watching City v Man U twice next season than once in 37 years.

So you're a member who has faithfully attended 10-12 matches a season for the last 20 years but now you miss out on a ticket to Bristol-based Man Utd fan with a Sky subscription who signed up yesterday, you'd be happy with that would you?

Financial aspects should come second to rewarding loyalty.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In fairness, put simply, Man United are the biggest club we've faced in 23 years. That's an entire generation of support that haven't witnessed us play one of the true 'big boys' of English football. Maybe it's a bit different for those who are old enough to have witnessed the First Division days but for many of us this is the first time we will be able to watch one of the biggest clubs in the world play at Ashton Gate. Whilst I appreciate it's not a main priority for United we are now at the QF stage and Mourinho has demonstrated in the past that he likes to win this trophy (four time winner) so it's still a relatively big game for them in context, as opposed to a third round FA Cup game or something.

I do agree on the ticket hysteria though. There's about 22k home tickets available. 13.5k will go to season ticket holders and the rest will be made up of members and people on the database. I wouldn't be surprised if the club introduce a priority category for people on the database who've attended at least 1/2 games this season either. Our own support is big enough now to ensure that 99.9% of the home ends will be made up of bona fide City fans.

Exactly this! I'm 31 and the biggest I've sen in that time is Everton or Man City but even those are not at the level of Manchester United. Bristol City do not get good cup draws.

United are one of the true greats in the game along with Real and Barca so people have absolutely every right to get excited.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good idea RDK. Sports Bar and Grill perhaps? Was great for the World Cup. Not sure if ground regs mean we can try use there.

they can't put it in the sports bar to be fair, people attending the game will want to use it, it means checking the tickets of everyone going out for a fag or the club shop as well, it will just be a nightmare

7 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United "

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/league-cup-5th-round-draw-bristol-city-v-united-worth-waiting-for.433429/page-5

Blimey - I thought our top boys were students

Eww there’s one of our fans on there being all nicey nicely and small club.

One of the United fans replied to him with this though..

“What's the chances of getting a home ticket for this? Will they go on general sale, or will it sell out to members first?

My mate wants to go. He's a very casual City fan, hasn't been to a game since he was a kid, and I'm obvs a United fan, so if we can get a ticket, I'd definitely go n'all. I'm not holding out hope though.”

Maybe it’s not a board for especially hardcore United support as they have a massive fan base.. but even a casual united fan surely can’t be so deluded to think they’d get a ‘home ticket’ just like that.. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How many members do we have? ST holders too?

In the interests of fairness, I think only one ticket per member and one ticket per member with a purchase history of the football at that.

This should help filter out further any MU fans or fly by night who have no interest in the club.

I thought (I maybe wrong.. I haven't had one for this season and last) that you specified which sport was your priority when buying a Bristol sport membership?  I seem to remember having to do that the last time I purchased one.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It will sell out.

But watch capacity drop to 24,999 for the previous home game (assuming we are 25k plus for the two running up to it)

Pretty sure that if we hit 25k for 3 consecutive games the club are liable for the cost of some sort of parking scheme.

Yes. Part of the approval for the redevelopment was for Bristol Sport to fund a matchday parking scheme for the roads surrounding AG in the event that 3 consecutive games have crowds of over 25k. However no-one seems to know if this is exclusively City games or if this includes Bristol Rugby games too. Obviously if it includes Bris then it shouldn't be a problem and in reality it should only be an issue for City if we're opening the Upper Lansdown for every game with a substantial away following - which I expect is unlikely for games around that period. 

Home Games around then are Preston - Boro - Forest - Manchester - Reading (Boxing Day) - Wolves - Norwich 

Anyone have any idea if the club have anything for people who Baught pay on the day tickets for Plymouth stoke and palace?? Don't have a Bristol sport account but kept all of my tickets they do have the barcodes on so don't see why not? Would be a great shame if couldn't get a ticket for this one when I went to other 3 I no I'm not gauranteed one without a season ticket

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In fairness, put simply, Man United are the biggest club we've faced in 23 years. That's an entire generation of support that haven't witnessed us play one of the true 'big boys' of English football. Maybe it's a bit different for those who are old enough to have witnessed the First Division days but for many of us this is the first time we will be able to watch one of the biggest clubs in the world play at Ashton Gate. Whilst I appreciate it's not a main priority for United we are now at the QF stage and Mourinho has demonstrated in the past that he likes to win this trophy (four time winner) so it's still a relatively big game for them in context, as opposed to a third round FA Cup game or something.

I do agree on the ticket hysteria though. There's about 22k home tickets available. 13.5k will go to season ticket holders and the rest will be made up of members and people on the database. I wouldn't be surprised if the club introduce a priority category for people on the database who've attended at least 1/2 games this season either. Our own support is big enough now to ensure that 99.9% of the home ends will be made up of bona fide City fans.

Enjoy it, Kid. My first game was City v Man Utd, 1978. You've waited long enough. Watched enough lower league tosh. We've all seen enough lower league mediocrity now. We have been there, and bought the purple and lime away shirt. Time to try being a top class club and really challenge ourselves, on the pitch, and off it (support, ticketing, the lot). 

I'm hoping this gives SL/LJ/all of them the little taste of "what could be" and spurs them/us on to even greater things, and days/nights. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Thanks I really enjoyed that. I was only thinking about the largest home attendances I have been part of and those 3 games at the end of our first year in the 1st division came to mind. Interesting to hear CG say how nervous he was when he first came back, I must admit I thought it was a lack of confidence, but thankfully he got over it.

I think they estimated a couple of games, at least one the gates accidentally opened. , highest I think was 39k hard to believe and with little segregation .

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd suggest anyone prepared to sign up for a 1 1/2 year season ticket just to get to see Man Utd reserves is not particularly somebody who you'd want at AG 

IMHO Its laughable that people think that Man United fans even Bristol ones would be / are so desperate to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch their massive tie at AG 

Hardly their biggest game in the coming months 

Some of the posts in the last 18hrs are 'interesting' and 'amusing'

Some of our fan base coming across as bit star struck , and people's demands or cries for this , that and the other are not our finest hour IMHO but probably just reflect modern society, and modern football 

Reflecting back I guess there was the same scramble and queue jostling when we reached PO Final so maybe nothing's changed , games like this just shows the wrong side of people

I see where you are going with it a bit, but as others put it, a whole generation of City fans have not seen a tie like this.

Liverpool in 94 surely the biggest before now...Everton 04 was pretty good but nothing like this tbh.

Supported City since 1998 and this my biggest tie in memory, so yeah I'd say the excitement is pretty justified tbh. I remember many ties v Brentford, or LDV vans games and on and on...or a year we lost to Crewe and then they got Liverpool away next round in League Cup.

Archived