IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

6 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Is it really illegal?

That was my initial point. Somebody said it was against the law (sorry, forget who and can't be ar$ed to look back), and I mentioned it was interesting as I know a fair few fans bought tickets in Coventry end when we won the league; but nobody mentioned it then and the club turned a very lenient eye to it if it is lawbreaking.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just received a text from a colleague.

'You follow Bristol, can you get me 8 tickets for the United game and I'll give you the money'.

The 'hahaha' reply was met with 'Don't you have a season ticket?'

To be discussed on Monday.

Say you didnt realise he was so keen to watch Sheffield or that he missed the Leeds game.

In other words be really dense about it/act like Robbored.

52 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

'You follow Bristol, can you get me 8 tickets for the United game and I'll give you the money'.

Tell him Bristol aren't playing a team called United, but you can get him as many as he wants for the game against Rotherham Titans a week on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A few people I know have been slightly tempted by offers of £200 for their Manchester tickets. We have 3 and £600 would be quite helpful, but watching on Sky just wouldn't be the same.

Why would anyone who’s interested enough to have a season ticket be tempted by £200 for one of the biggest fixtures we’ve had in the last 30 years..?!

Unless on holiday, I can’t think of many other reasons that anyone would miss a cup quarter final at Home to Man Utd. 

My son (3yrs old) won’t be using his, but his ticket allocation will be going to a City fan at face value, not a plastic Manc, at any price! 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would anyone who’s interested enough to have a season ticket be tempted by £200 for one of the biggest fixtures we’ve had in the last 30 years..?!

Unless on holiday, I can’t think of many other reasons that anyone would miss a cup quarter final at Home to Man Utd. 

My son (3yrs old) won’t be using his, but his ticket allocation will be going to a City fan at face value, not a plastic Manc, at any price! 

I won't be giving up my ticket but some of the figures being bandied about would be very tempting for someone struggling financially with Xmas approaching. £200+ per ticket for 90 minutes of football you can watch on TV Anyway? Not everyone is swayed by live atmosphere.

On 29/10/2017 at 22:14, Bristol Rob said:

how did it go?

My biggest fear of the game doesn't come from playing Manchester, my fear is the guy with the microphone at the side of the pitch getting starstruck, screeching and gushing like a TV games show host.

And please when announcing the attendance, just announce it by thanking everybody for their attendance. They don't want to feel like they are witnessing a Wonder of the World.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

how did it go?

It was brief.

Even him saying all 8 don't have to be sat together, he'd be happy with two groups of four didn't really help him.

He seems genuinely annoyed that despite the fact he has never been to football before and has no affiliation with City that he might miss out on tickets.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was brief.

Even him saying all 8 don't have to be sat together, he'd be happy with two groups of four didn't really help him.

He seems genuinely annoyed that despite the fact he has never been to football before and has no affiliation with City that he might miss out on tickets.

Aw, bless.

Tell him to send a letter to Santa, he may be able to help.

16 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Hopefully we can come out of this with our dignity intact.  

And not appear to the watching millions as a bunch of starstruck yokels.

I think the biggest problem we’ve got is that we get so few “big” cup draws. 

The likes of Preston, Burton & many others seem to get the big 6 clubs in cup draws fairly regularly. We’ve been waiting so long for one, the over enthusiastic reaction is kind of natural. The fact it’s in the quarter final of a major competition, rather than a lucky early round draw only magnifies the appeal. 

Maybe big cup ties will now come along like buses and we can look forward to another one in FA Cup 3rd round in January. 

As well whoever we get in the League cup Semis, obviously...! 

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was brief.

Make no mistake. I’m pretty sure he has no actual affiliation to Man Utd either..!

Ask him details about his last visit to Old Trafford. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Make no mistake. I’m pretty sure he has no actual affiliation to Man Utd either..!

Ask him details about his last visit to Old Trafford. 

He was quite clear, he has never been to Old Trafford (apparently it is impossible to get tickets, not that I believe he has tried), but he 'likes them'.

Pretty sure he'll be watching on Sky!

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

He was quite clear, he has never been to Old Trafford (apparently it is impossible to get tickets, not that I believe he has tried), but he 'likes them'.

That is the myth that all plastic Mancs like to use. 

It is fairly easy to get European tickets at OT and if you are willing to pay inflated prices (why not, for a day out at the team you supposedly “support”) you can get hold of tickets for most games. 

You did very well not to just punch him in the nose for being a****!

55 minutes ago, screech said:

My biggest fear of the game doesn't come from playing Manchester, my fear is the guy with the microphone at the side of the pitch getting starstruck, screeching and gushing like a TV games show host.

And please when announcing the attendance, just announce it by thanking everybody for their attendance. They don't want to feel like they are witnessing a Wonder of the World.

Put this on his Facebook page, Downsy is pretty open to suggestions, he's not the bad guy people make out. 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Be sure to remind him that on this occasion the team wearing red shirts aren't Manchester.

Might spare him some embarrassment.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It'll be interesting to know when ticket arrangements are going to be announced.

Given our good form this season, there has been a shortage of OTIB meltdowns, and tickets for the cup will hopefully bring a bit of normality back to the forum.

How many season ticket holders do we have 12- 13k? It can't be more than a 1 for 1 sale can it we don't have the capacity to do it any other way. Unless they give those who have attended cup games as well priority and an extra ticket, in which case I will miss out as I have been working away for every one of them. :( 

1 hour ago, screech said:

At least he might actually know some of the names of the players for this game.

It’s cringeworthy when he can’t pronounce names that anyone with even a fleeting interest in football knows how to pronounce - and just confirms that he’s in the job despite not giving a shit about football! 

Archived