IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing that is just Chinese whispers - the people associated with the club shop would not be involved with these talks

Top seats in the Lower Lansdown ?

I don't believe that there is any delay in announcing the details

The last round it took nearly two weeks for pricing etc to come out, it makes perfect sense that the club deal with sales etc AFTER the Cardiff game during the international break

The club and those associated with it announced ticket details would be announced this week. 

Fullyly agree it makes sense to delay until Monday. However I had expected ticket prices and sales process to be announced this week to iron out any issues and announce at the ground before/during half-time of the Cardiff game so sales can commence early next week. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Neither. Think about what’s being claimed. It’s either a complete fabrication or a complete misunderstanding. Either way, it’s completely not going to happen! 

It will be standard “gold” category pricing. Anything less than that, then full credit to City for not maximising profit and Utd for agreeing it. 

why would some one in the club shop know whats being negotiated at board level on ticket prices,

that should be your first clue thats its bullshit

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably they could suggest any price they fancied. The rules say that the two teams must "mutually agree". If they can't then the board of the EFL will settle it.  I couldn't see anything in the Rules about respecting a club's normal pricing structure.

You are right that it would seem odd of us to accept a price greater than our normal POTD pricing. 

Personally I suspect this is a storm in a tea cup and that we will in due course get some sensible answers.

I didn't go to Palace - what did we charge for that game?

PS to think that Fulham away last year in the cup was only £11 or something :laughcont:

If we agree to charge £50 for my season ticket seat in the Dolman, then someone else can have my ticket, on principle. 

They won’t. Someone is talking Shite!

I'm struggling to believe United are really quibbling over what amounts to nothing more than petty cash for them. We're talking about a club competing in the Premier League and Champions League with a massive global presence. It just doesn't ring true. And is a member of the shop staff really going to privy to such information?

My expectation is they the club will  honour their published matchday prices for this season and charge gold prices.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course there is no “delay”. 

The game isn’t scheduled to be played for another 7 weeks!!

its clearly a case of someone, either “redmycolour” or a member of club shop staff, talking utter shite! 

Just telling you what I've been told,u don't have to talk utter shite,

• Admin
43 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Just been to the City Superstore, bought a coat,I ask about Man u tkts, was informed clubs can't agree a tkt price,,city want to charge £30+, Man u want £45+ near £50.talks ongoing, 

Absolute nonsense !!

image.png

1 minute ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Fully agree it makes sense to delay until Monday. However I had expected ticket prices and sales process to be announced this week to iron out any issues and announce at the ground before/during half-time of the Cardiff game so sales can commence early next week. 

Hopefully the 'delay' is due to testing systems to distinguish between memberships purchased before and after the draw :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing that is just Chinese whispers - the people associated with the club shop would not be involved with these talks

Top seats in the Lower Lansdown ?

I don't believe that there is any delay in announcing the details

The last round it took nearly two weeks for pricing etc to come out, it makes perfect sense that the club deal with sales etc AFTER the Cardiff game during the international break

This article states that ticket details will be released "next week" - which is now this week: -

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/united-cup-tie-chosen-by-sky/

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If this had actually happened, then surely your response would have been more along the lines of..”I’m just telling you what I was told by a member of club staff”. 

Why would some bod working behind the till in the club shop be privy to financial negotiations between our board and Manchester United’s, before they’ve even come to an agreeable conclusion themselves..?! 

It's a bit of a specific rumour for it to be false. What benefit would there be for Redmycolour to lie? I don't think it's a totally unrealistic scenario either.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a bit of a specific rumour for it to be false. What benefit would there be for Redmycolour to lie? I don't think it's a totally unrealistic scenario either.

As I said, maybe he was told it. But by a cashier in the club shop..? How would they know the intricacies of unresolved discussions at boardroom level..?

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So either they will announce them during the remainder of “this week” or they will do it next week. Who cares..!

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't make that much difference. 

However, if the club fail to meet their published schedule of releasing details this week it could indicate that there have been unexpected issues adding credence to the initial post that there is a disagreement over pricing. 

Just now, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't make that much difference. 

However, if the club fail to meet their published schedule of releasing details this week it could indicate that there have been unexpected issues adding credence to the initial post that there is a disagreement over pricing. 

I don’t doubt for a moment that there is a disagreement of pricing. 

I completely disbelieve the suggested figures being argued. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As I said, maybe he was told it. But by a cashier in the club shop..? How would they know the intricacies of unresolved discussions at boardroom level..?

Who knows - it's just a very specific rumour to lie about if it's made up. Wouldn't totally dismiss it just yet.

People will talk at the club and rumours spread...

Saying that.. had a look at Redmycolour's posts and found this from the other day re: ticket pricing

Don't pay it, stay away then,we're 4th in league and people moaning about £30-40.Then get a season ticket, 

Maybe trying to cause a scene on here given his stance on ticket prices.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Still won't be surprised if, with no information on price, priority, availability or purchase method - the queue at the ticket collecting booths aren't facing long queues on Saturday as people try and buy tickets.

Good point - details to be released tomorrow in readiness for sale next week?

6 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Ticketing website down on Sunday for updates... might be to check it will cope with demand.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-ticketing-website-offline-this-sunday/

Could be, or to implement some changes to allow additional levels of priority eg those who had memberships prior to last Thursday before those who purchased after the draw was made. 

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

If it were true could we be looking at some higher ticket prices to compensate for the loss of ticket sales because of segregation and the increased cost of stewarding?

It never ceases to amaze me when I see rival fans at Premier league games separated by a few feet whereas at AG it was yards. The more fans they have in the ground the better their support will be.

Is it 4000 roughly in the Atyeo if only away fans? So I think it's 10% a club has to give for cup matches, FA at least so 10% of 27,000 is 2700. Add in 300 for segregation and we have gained 1000 ish seats to sell to City fans? Is that the thinking?

No doubt it's probably more than 300 we have to give up, and ManU will want the whole end as they could sell them, but so could we.

Perhaps we should do a Fulham and have a neutral bit as I'm sure all the people who have been begging for tickets since this has been announced have never been to a match in their life. Suddenly ManU appear and they are Superfans. Sickens me, hope we knock them out...and ManU:laughcont:

Archived