IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The club could charge £50 per ticket and still fill the ground.  Would piss the fans off a bit though.  More likely around the £30 mark.

Would like MU to get 3700 tickets as i hate seeing empty seats in the Atyeo.

Offers up to £200 for any spares going around.

There won't be any spares. I'd rather see Bristolians than people from the home counties. Bollocks to Man U. Give them the minimum. 

Just a thought here.

We average just under 20,000 per game. There must come a point when ticket sales trigger the opening of the Upper Lansdown (UL).  If say 2500 half season ticket sales are bought which in turn allows them to buy a ticket for Man U, would that figure force the opening of the UL for the rest of the season?

11 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Just a thought here.

We average just under 20,000 per game. There must come a point when ticket sales trigger the opening of the Upper Lansdown (UL).  If say 2500 half season ticket sales are bought which in turn allows them to buy a ticket for Man U, would that figure force the opening of the UL for the rest of the season?

Presumably it would still be a game by game basis as to when members/general sale has sold enough to require opening the upper tier. 

46 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

If I was to buy a half season ticket now, would this guarantee me a ticket for the united game? 

Yes, we play Sheffield United on the last game of the season so you will be guaranteed a ticket for this

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Half a ticket, would be one way to get a big record attendance ;)

Or two tickets for each seat - one for the first half and one for the second half! Watch the other half on the TV in the concourse. 

Which would you choose? Think I’d go for the first half as we will have won it by HT!

First post  , so a warm hello,  . Manchester fan  here , from " Bristol " and i am going to apply for a ticket in the home end . Plastic" oh how i hate that term !   Have attended hundred of their matches . And long before the glory years under Fergie .  And yes i have got a city membership .  Fingers   crossed  i will see you   at the match .  I know what you all look like, as i have also been paying to get in the gate since 1976 and the last time was the Leeds game . And  no , i will  not be cheering , if Rashford  nutmegs flinty and bangs one in . As i have no desire what so ever  to go bouncing down the dolman .  

13 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Just a thought here.

Not really. Chances are that most of that 2,500 would come from people who are currently regular POTD attendees. It would guarantee their attendance figure, but it would be unlikely to add anywhere near that many to the overall attendance each game. 

11 hours ago, LegslikeRitchie said:

First post  , so a warm hello,  . Manchester fan  here , from " Bristol " and i am going to apply for a ticket in the home end . Plastic" oh how i hate that term !   Have attended hundred of their matches . And long before the glory years under Fergie .  And yes i have got a city membership .  Fingers   crossed  i will see you   at the match .  I know what you all look like, as i have also been paying to get in the gate since 1976 and the last time was the Leeds game . And  no , i will  not be cheering , if Rashford  nutmegs flinty and bangs one in . As i have no desire what so ever  to go bouncing down the dolman .  

Idiot - maybe the moderators from this site can tip the club off about your IP number :P

If you lack the self awareness to realise, what you're planning to do is unethical and wrong.

This club has many fans who've wanted us to play a 'big team' for years. We've had shocking cup draws perennially with awful games against Crawley, Gillingham (x27) and Telford. The closest we've got to a 'big team' recently is the likes of Crystal Palace, Stoke and West Brom a few times.

The club has a big support who've longed for a tie like this for ages. What you're planning to do, if successful, ensures one of our fans misses out on this. This could be someone who's followed the club up and down the country from Plymouth to Carlisle and would love the chance to see City against a team like United. You're preventing someone from this chance.

By your own admission, you've seen United many times before - it's not essential for you to go.

I hope you reconsider - and if not, I hope the club can identify you and prevent you getting a ticket.

Whether this is a wind up or not.. you can guarantee there's some planning to do the above so applies there.

Is English your first language?

This is clearly a wind up.

41 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Idiot - maybe the moderators from this site can tip the club off about your IP number :P

If you lack the self awareness to realise, what you're planning to do is unethical and wrong.

This club has many fans who've wanted us to play a 'big team' for years. We've had shocking cup draws perennially with awful games against Crawley, Gillingham (x27) and Telford. The closest we've got to a 'big team' recently is the likes of Crystal Palace, Stoke and West Brom a few times.

The club has a big support who've longed for a tie like this for ages. What you're planning to do, if successful, ensures one of our fans misses out on this. This could be someone who's followed the club up and down the country from Plymouth to Carlisle and would love the chance to see City against a team like United. You're preventing someone from this chance.

By your own admission, you've seen United many times before - it's not essential for you to go.

I hope you reconsider - and if not, I hope the club can identify you and prevent you getting a ticket.

Whether this is a wind up or not.. you can guarantee there's some planning to do the above so applies there.

You mean people who weren’t at the Leeds match and don’t have membership..?!

The poster is clearly a WUM and anyone who considers their main team to be one that’s based 200 miles away is a tosser imo, but in cases where this situation might be true, anyone with a membership will get a ticket, that’s why they got one. They took one of the clubs options to support the club and “deserve” a ticket more than those who didn’t. 

What do you want a medal or something? Well done for being a manchester fan from bristol, moron.

• Admin
13 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

Yes. You would purchase yourself a seat for the season. All season ticket holders will be allowed to claim their seat before the tickets go to members and general. 

Except they only have a seat from the Reading game so won't be a season ticket holder when the Utd game is played

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Except they only have a seat from the Reading game so won't be a season ticket holder when the Utd game is played

No, but anyone who’s prepared to buy a half season ticket and lend that level of support surely deserve ticket priority. 

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I've had over 10 phone calls from people I typically don't hear from asking me to buy them tickets.......they weren't so interested when I said if I couldn't get them they could go and watch City v Preston

Makes me laugh this. The amount of people who have “had 10 phone calls asking for tickets” I’ve not had one and everyone who knows me knows how die hard City I am. 

I thinks people may be exaggerating a little bit..!

Funny thing is, I DO actually have a spare ticket allocation and I’m thinking carefully about who to offer it too! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Makes me laugh this. The amount of people who have “had 10 phone calls asking for tickets” I’ve not had one and everyone who knows me knows how die hard City I am. 

Funny thing is, I DO actually have a spare ticket allocation and I’m thinking carefully about who to offer it too! 

You'd be surprised how many of my friends are Manchester/Liverpool fans, pretty sure i'm the only season ticket holder they know as well

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

You'd be surprised how many of my friends are Manchester/Liverpool fans, pretty sure i'm the only season ticket holder they know as well

Ah that’s probably the difference then. Most of my friends are City and STH anyway. 

I tend not to befriend people who are Man Utd fans..! 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You mean people who weren’t at the Leeds match and don’t have membership..?!

He doesn't specify whether he got the membership before or after the Leeds game

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The poster is clearly a WUM and anyone who considers their main team to be one that’s based 200 miles away is a tosser imo, but in cases where this situation might be true, anyone with a membership will get a ticket, that’s why they got one. They took one of the clubs options to support the club and “deserve” a ticket more than those who didn’t. 

Yeah almost definitely a WUM, but that's my response on the issue to any United fans trying to get in the home end. We can't prevent it happening, but it's such a selfish thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He doesn't specify whether he got the membership before or after the Leeds game

Yeah almost definitely a WUM, but that's my response on the issue to any United fans trying to get in the home end. We can't prevent it happening, but it's such a selfish thing to do.

Yes, it is. But if they’ve got the membership that gives them ticket priority and City fans don’t support enough to have bothered, then they have every right to purchase their ticket allocation and attend the match ahead of people who support City but haven’t actually supported City, if you know what I mean..!

There May be the odd one or two, but generally it’s not going to be an issue. Every City fan who has a STH or membership will get a ticket. Anyone who has neither knew that they would have no ticket priority when they decided that £20 for a membership wasn’t worthwhile. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, it is. But if they’ve got the membership that gives them ticket priority and City fans don’t support enough to have bothered, then they have every right to purchase their ticket allocation and attend the match ahead of people who support City but haven’t actually supported City, if you know what I mean..!

There May be the odd one or two, but generally it’s not going to be an issue. Every City fan who has a STH or membership will get a ticket. Anyone who has neither knew that they would have no ticket priority when they decided that £20 for a membership wasn’t worthwhile. 

Well it depends, if they are genuine United fans who have bought Bristol City membership for some reason before the tie was drawn (can't imagine there's that many if any at all) then yes, unfortunately there's nothing we can do.

If they've bought membership after the tie - that's different. The club need to do checks on booking history and give priority to those on the system in my opinion. 

In any case, I reckon it'll be around 100 or so who slip through the net which is >0.5% - but that's still 100 too many. The club need to do everything in their power to ensure these tickets go to City fans.

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I work for a company with a head office in Manchester where I spend a fair bit of time. A few people have asked me if there's anything I can do to get them a ticket but I've been rather sarcastic and said I would rather City fans had home tickets than Mancs. Luckily, they took it in the humour in which it was meant. Funnily, and not taking the mick, most of the blokes in our head office follow City rather than Utd and a fair few follow FC United of Manchester, not many Utd fan at all. Maybe it's the side of Manchester they live on (Irlam)? 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, I've had plenty ask me about tickets. There seems to be an assumption it would be very easy to get tickets for some reason.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't worry PF we know exactly what he looks like. He'll get sorted before he ever reaches his seat. Of course that is based on him wearing shorts to the match.:yawn:

Archived