IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it depends, if they are genuine United fans who have bought Bristol City membership for some reason before the tie was drawn (can't imagine there's that many if any at all) then yes, unfortunately there's nothing we can do.

If they've bought membership after the tie - that's different. The club need to do checks on booking history and give priority to those on the system in my opinion. 

In any case, I reckon it'll be around 100 or so who slip through the net which is >0.5% - but that's still 100 too many. The club need to do everything in their power to ensure these tickets go to City fans.

You are right, and I’m sure they will. 

Memberships purchased since the draw should be meaningless for ticket priority to the Utd game, IMO. 

44 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I've had over 10 phone calls from people I typically don't hear from asking me to buy them tickets.......they weren't so interested when I said if I couldn't get them they could go and watch City v Preston

I've had phone calls from people who don't even know my number asking the same .

:disapointed2se:

I told them , " no tickets and no double glazing either " .

22 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Does anyone think these will go to General Sale? 

Why wouldn’t they..? 

22k ish home tickets available. 

13,500 STH + 3,000 members. 

What else are we going to do with the other 5,500 tickets..?

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why wouldn’t they..? 

Let us half season ticket purchasers buy them? Bear in mind, every Bris rugby ST holder is classed as a member so they get added to the member numbers as well.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why wouldn’t they..? 

At last someone else on the same page - never seen hysteria amongst City supporters like we have for this game

For all the man utd fans reading this thread if you want to see your idols I've been reliabally informed man utd have booked the Cadbury house hotel from tues 19th. Then flying straight back to Manchester after the game !!

So you can all go get your Autographs now! 

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let us half season ticket purchasers buy them? Bear in mind, every Bris rugby ST holder is classed as a member so they get added to the member numbers as well.

Half season ticket holders should absolutely be given priority imo. 

Do we know many STH the egg chasers have..?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Half season ticket holders should absolutely be given priority imo. 

Do we know many STH the egg chasers have..?

Around 5K according to my next door neighbour who is one. That sounds about right TBH but I don't actually know.

I assume they don't get ST rights to City tickets the same as ours do but still have more rights than a non member?

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Spoons said:

For all the man utd fans reading this thread if you want to see your idols I've been reliabally informed man utd have booked the Cadbury house hotel from tues 19th. Then flying straight back to Manchester after the game !!

So you can all go get your Autographs now! 

Judging by how many "first teamers" play in the league cup matches, I would imagine most from around here would struggle to recognise the squad

36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Around 5K according to my next door neighbour who is one. That sounds about right TBH but I don't actually know.

I assume they don't get ST rights to City tickets the same as ours do but still have more rights than a non member?

They will effectively be “members” 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Except they only have a seat from the Reading game so won't be a season ticket holder when the Utd game is played

I argued this point too. But thinking about it the club can only sell half ST's in the seats that aren't occupied already can they. So they won't be jumping ahead of existing ST holders which should always be the first priority group. They will be added to that group or start least be equal with Membership I would guess. 

Half season ticket holders should definitely get priority. The first half of the season ends before the Manchester game, so why not? Nice little advertising campaign saying that buying a half season ticket will secure you a Manchester ticket could be a nice little boost to attendances in the second half of the season.

1 minute ago, El Hombrecito said:

Half season ticket holders should definitely get priority. The first half of the season ends before the Manchester game, so why not? Nice little advertising campaign saying that buying a half season ticket will secure you a Manchester ticket could be a nice little boost to attendances in the second half of the season.

Because then you'll have some Man Utd fans buying half season tickets that they'll never use, potentially blocking space for City fans as the season progresses.

£200 isn't much to some people.

5 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

how about they get a priority. but only for the second half of the match..........

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Because then you'll have some Man Utd fans buying half season tickets that they'll never use, potentially blocking space for City fans as the season progresses.

I suspect those doing that will be very small in number. Overall it's a pretty good idea. 

42 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fair play to them, if they do that. 

The club gets the money. 

Ok, half season ticket buyers, already on City's records before the draw get a ticket.

The rest get an option after members (also on City's records as above) have taken their ticket.

That might deter the Mancs/plastics.

But I say let them buy a half season ticket..... they might even enjoy it.  At the very least try to offload it to someone local who is slightly interested.....one fan gained?

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Ok, half season ticket buyers, already on City's records before the draw get a ticket.

The rest get an option after members (also on City's records as above) have taken their ticket.

That might deter the Mancs/plastics.

Bv I say let them buy a half season ticket..... they might even enjoy it. But at the very least try to offload it to someone local who is slightly interested.....one fan gained?

Anyone willing to pay the club £200 for a half season ticket is entitled to get a ticket for one game, even if they never use their season ticket. 

Mad you say though, chances are that they’d go Slong to some games and might actually get hooked, like the rest of us! 

33 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I would say the biggest leakage to Mancs will come from the egg chasers STHs who will have no worries about getting their Manc supporting mate a ticket.

Weren't City supposed to be announcing ticket sale details this week?   

Good point. I hope the club is very robust in banning any STH who can be shown to have disposed of his/her tickets in such an irresponsible way. I also expect zero tolerance by the stewards.

Archived