IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I say members, I meant purely rugby members- if there is such a category.

The membership issue beyond that, is for the club to sort out or to apply as per the package.

Get that, but equally I have used the Forever Bristol portion of my football season ticket to get cheap rugby tickets, also glory hunted one of the play off games.

Works both ways.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Good chance I'm going to be in London when this is on, is there a particular pub city fans go to? Sure I read something on here in the past about there being one. 

Philomena's in Covent Garden, but most fans I know are planning on going to the game.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get that, but equally I have used the Forever Bristol portion of my football season ticket to get cheap rugby tickets, also glory hunted one of the play off games.

Works both ways.

I was a member up until last year but now my account is linked to my dad's rugby season ticket.  So i get my tickets through that and get discount . Am I still classed as a member ? 

16 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

I was a member up until last year but now my account is linked to my dad's rugby season ticket.  So i get my tickets through that and get discount . Am I still classed as a member ? 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do you get a members discount on your match tickets @BcfcDuncs?

If so then yes

It sounds like your dad is a member, via his Rugby ST. 

You will be able to get 1 membership priority ticket on that. You will only have your own, second membership, if you have paid for one seperately. 

On 04/11/2017 at 11:16, BobBobSuperBob said:

The panic and jousting over ticket allocation for this circus is.  IMHO embarrasssing

Thank God Social Media didn't exist in 74 / 89 / 94

Back in the good old, bad old days, it was a trip to Ashton Gate either on a Sunday morning or a dark, wet evening and queued for hours to get a ticket. Supporters club got some sort of preference. Very few season ticket holders, presume they also got preference. 

But for the rest it was a lottery and tough luck for anyone who couldn't travel to the ground. And in most of these games, it was made all ticket because we're talking about 35,000 plus right up to 42,500 against Blackpool in 1959.

On 03/11/2017 at 22:23, Bar BS3 said:

Why should £20 members get priority over people who are prepared to purchase a ticket to every game between Christmas & May..?!!

What a ridiculous comment.

A lot of those £20 members have more than likely been supporting City for decades. People who can’t afford a ST, or live away from Bristol and can’t get to the majority of games.

Are you suggesting we have no membership, but just sell tickets to the highest bidders.

Next we will be vetting people and only letting ‘well off’ people buy tickets. 

I’ve no doubt there are 2-3 thousand West Country Man Utd plastics who would pay the £200 for a ticket, perhaps they are more worthy than loyal City fans who are meer members!.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

A lot of those £20 members have more than likely been supporting City for decades. People who can’t afford a ST, or live away from Bristol and can’t get to the majority of games.

Are you suggesting we have no membership, but just sell tickets to the highest bidders.

I’ve no doubt there are 2-3 thousand West Country Man Utd plastics who would pay the £200 for a ticket, perhaps they are more worthy than loyal City fans who are meer members!.

I'm dubious that there are as many as 3000 locally based United fans who would pay £200 to watch a league cup quarter final being shown on the telly.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Back in the good old, bad old days, it was a trip to Ashton Gate either on a Sunday morning or a dark, wet evening and queued for hours to get a ticket. Supporters club got some sort of preference. Very few season ticket holders, presume they also got preference. 

But for the rest it was a lottery and tough luck for anyone who couldn't travel to the ground. And in most of these games, it was made all ticket because we're talking about 35,000 plus right up to 42,500 against Blackpool in 1959.

The also used to print vouchers in the matchday program which were used for priority cup ticket sales.

In the modern era a points-based system could easily be used, calculated on matches attended, with the points automatically applied. In fact City did actually have this in place a few years back didn't they, during Colin Sextone's time as I recall? But we never actually got to put it into practice as we either got knocked out of all the cups early, or drew Gillingham away. Now they've done away with the system and we're suddenly handed the biggest cup draw in living memory!

• Admin
50 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

The also used to print vouchers in the matchday program which were used for priority cup ticket sales.

In the modern era a points-based system could easily be used, calculated on matches attended, with the points automatically applied. In fact City did actually have this in place a few years back didn't they, during Colin Sextone's time as I recall? But we never actually got to put it into practice as we either got knocked out of all the cups early, or drew Gillingham away. Now they've done away with the system and we're suddenly handed the biggest cup draw in living memory!

But as long as people have been booking their seats using their supporters ID the club do have this information

In the good old days cup games were part of the season ticket I think. Never had one in the 70's but managed to POTD for virtually all the games me and my dad went to including Man Utd in both 2nd and 1st divisions.

Not so far back the club used to give priority to those who had attended earlier rounds - you had to send you ticket stubs in if I remember rightly.

One thing is for sure what ever system they use someone will moan that its unfair.

I'm not a season ticket holder or member but for what its worth the system should be what it always is

Season Tickets

Members

General Sale

The only thing I would say though is it can be tough if you don't have access to the internet at 10:00am (don't work in an office) so maybe a phased release to the general sale might be worth looking at.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Don’t talk nonsense mate!

Members deserve the level of ticket priority that they get, after season ticket holders, for tickets. 

Anyone shelling out £200 quid for a half season ticket does “deserve” a Man Utd ticket more than a £20 member. Yes. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I may have exaggerated! Mind you they have a supporters club in most West Country towns. 

Just because they support Man Utd, doesn’t mean they buy season tickets at other clubs, just to get a one off match ticket!! 

I don’t know why the club don’t take advantage of demand for the Man Utd game to fill up an otherwise quite fixture. For instance... why not prioritise members who also buy a ticket for the Preston Home match. Add a few thousand to the gate for that game, surely. 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t know why the club don’t take advantage of demand for the Man Utd game to fill up an otherwise quite fixture. For instance... why not prioritise members who also buy a ticket for the Preston Home match. Add a few thousand to the gate for that game, surely. 

Demand would be more than enough as it is. Your idea makes it very easy for United fans to buy home tickets.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Demand would be more than enough as it is. Your idea makes it very easy for United fans to buy home tickets.

How would it..?

Members, who buy (for instance) Preston (or Middlesbrough) AND Man Utd tickets get priority over members who only want to buy a Man Utd ticket. 

Surely it has the complete opposite effect to what you are describing and adds to the attendance for another match as well. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How would it..?

Members, who buy (for instance) Preston (or Middlesbrough) AND Man Utd tickets get priority over members who only want to buy a Man Utd ticket. 

Surely it has the complete opposite effect to what you are describing and adds to the attendance for another match as well. 

Oh I see, apologies - misread. I thought you were saying ‘anyone’ who buys a Preston ticket gets United priority!

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How would it..?

Would certainly make sense to make this one of the tiers on priority

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How would it..?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would certainly make sense to make this one of the tiers on priority

@Mkelly @AdamB

is this something that the club are looking at..? 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How would it..?

I am not a fan of any scheme that forces you to buy an additional item just to get the one you want.

What if a member like me who's been to a fair number of games this season can't make the Preston game? Members have already paid a fee for priority ticketing. I don't think it's fair to add another cost on top to give further priority.

Giving priority to existing members rather than those signed up after the draw makes sense because it identifies supporters who have already shown commitment to the club. Nothing beyond that is necessary.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t talk nonsense mate!

Members deserve the level of ticket priority that they get, after season ticket holders, for tickets. 

Anyone shelling out £200 quid for a half season ticket does “deserve” a Man Utd ticket more than a £20 member. Yes. 

I’m pretty sure the half season ticket becomes valid ‘after’ the Man Utd game, so why should they get any priority for a game they have zero priority for.

Thats like me saying I’m going to buy a ST next season, but I want priority for the last home game of this season!.

Archived