IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

It was inevitable this would happen and it shows there is unfortunately a market out there at these prices and maybe beyond. For every fan complaining about the face value of the tickets there seems to be twice as many willing to pay more. 

I don'tthink you can blame the club for trying to keep as much of that profit in house as possible.

23 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Imagine having several weeks to plan something so simple, and investing hundreds of thousands of pounds in a ticketing system, and still ******* it up. 

Oh wait, we don’t have to imagine!

Out of interest what software are we using for ticketing, just seems a lot of money for something that I would think you could buy of the shelf.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It was inevitable this would happen and it shows there is unfortunately a market out there at these prices and maybe beyond. For every fan complaining about the face value of the tickets there seems to be twice as many willing to pay more. 

I don'tthink you can blame the club for trying to keep as much of that profit in house as possible.

Advertising a ticket for sale at £150 doesn't necessarily mean there's a market for it at that price.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Advertising a ticket for sale at £150 doesn't necessarily mean there's a market for it at that price.

Not in isolation it doesn't, but going by some of the other posts in this thread, there are people out there ready to pay these ridiculous figures.

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not in isolation it doesn't, but going by some of the other posts in this thread, there are people out there ready to pay these ridiculous figures.

I'm not so sure. At the end of the day no one actually bought that eBay ticket. I think most people willing to spend that sort of money will have worked out that there are legitimate ways to get themselves a ticket - half season tickets, membership plus four tickets, etc.

But I do accept there might be a few idiots with more money than sense!

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is absolutely true.

It is not beyond journalists to list tickets on resale sites at extortionate prices to create a story.

You may of read that Adele tickets were once selling online in the region of £20K each. They weren't but a journalist had listed them on GMI and Stubhub at those prices- next thing it is all the papers that Adele had failed to beat the touts (something she had promised to do) and that secondary sales sites were the devil reincarnated.

Likewise touts have been known to list tickets at extortionate prices to create a buzz whilst creating a fake market price. For instance post a ticket online for £150 then people think they are getting a bargain when they see one for £75.

1 hour ago, Super said:

8300 sold on day one.

Sounds about right, as there is a week for season ticket holders to buy tickets. It’s sensible to avoid the mad rush in the first hour(s) as City’s website always manages to have a new bug on day one of sales 

22 hours ago, kivsy said:

tickets  booked,   however im not in the singing section,  disappointed a a season ticket holder plus,    my space in this section has gone !

what is the point in st  plus if im lumped in with general season ticket holders ?  

Terrible isn’t it! Those riff-raff general season ticket holders!

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Could anyone give us an idea of how the ticket sales are going for the next few league games where a lot of people must be buying up tickets to ensure their priority for Manchester tickets.  We should be in for a few more 20k plus gates.

I bought some Reading tickets on the phone yesterday and there are already two extra blocks open in Upper Lansdown. Operator said rest would be open if demand.

Think you can also get an idea on the ticket website by seeing what's left for each game. 

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Only seem to be about 3000 left for the preston game.  What sort of gate might that lead to allowing that the upper tier is not yet available, any wasted space in the away end (preston wont bring too many) and the fact that it will be POTD)?

3k showing as available, would indicate about 14k sold so far. 

Add 200-300 I’d guess for away fans, plus whatever else sells between now and then. 

Archived