IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Has anyone read how Utd fans qualify for their own tickets?

image.png

Was intrigued how some of their games seem to go to a ballot to get a ticket?

image.png

Gave up with their website in the end, it's a nightmare to navigate

Doesn’t that second photo pretty much confirm that the vast majority of “Mancs” don’t actually go to watch them..?

On 14 November 2017 at 10:35, ChippenhamRed said:

Advertising a ticket for sale at £150 doesn't necessarily mean there's a market for it at that price.

It also doesn't mean the seller (tout) has a ticket to sell, in fact 99% of the time they don't. 

They're judging with experience that it is the price they could ask for to safely cover cost to pick up a ticket by hook or by crook.

You are absolutely right to call it a market, touts are just speculating the margin on what they can sell and will need to then buy.

This is why touts often can't deliver until face to face outside the ground as they still need to acquire spares as fans are arriving.

They obviously operate under huge exposure between sale and purchase, which is why the high fee prices in their risk of failure.

I had the misfortune of running one of London's largest touts for a month to wind it down after it nearly bankrupted our startup.

The  'industry' is based on a complex, high-risk trading model but obviously is also run largely by untrustworthy grade A ******s.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:49, phantom said:

OK, let's believe all the unfounded "rumours" of people buying up memberships, just like the usual "I know of lots of away fans with tickets in home sections"

All I say is keep worrying about it then!!

There will be about 24k tickets on sale to City fans, we have less than 14k football season ticket holders - IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM :sub:

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:00, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I don't know of anyone that has bought a membership just on the back of this, just spoke to 5 other City fans in the office today and neither do they

So I would agree it is reasonable to "poo poo" your theory as nonsense 

In light of today's article on the OS reporting that we now have over 15k season ticket holders and have seen a "surge" in membership sales, I wonder if you still think my theory that not all members are guaranteed a ticket as "nonsense"?  Or are you sticking with your theory that because no one in your office has bought one it can't be true?

• Admin
28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In light of today's article on the OS reporting that we now have over 15k season ticket holders and have seen a "surge" in membership sales, I wonder if you still think my theory that not all members are guaranteed a ticket as "nonsense"?  Or are you sticking with your theory that because no one in your office has bought one it can't be true?

Do we have over 9,000 members  @ChippenhamRed - I would guess not

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do we have over 9,000 members  @ChippenhamRed - I would guess not

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Allowing for Bristol Rugby STH and Flyers STH - who benefit from priority in the same way as members - yes, easily I suspect.

Minus dual STH and members that have since bought half-season cards.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Allowing for Bristol Rugby STH and Flyers STH - who benefit from priority in the same way as members - yes, easily I suspect.

In fairness though, they have set the members priority very sensibly, with the games attended grades. 

Any member who does actually come to games is going to get a ticket. 

That is all that matters. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness though, they have set the members priority very sensibly, with the games attended grades. 

Any member who does actually come to games is going to get a ticket. 

That is all that matters. 

Absolutely agree. But that's different from saying all members are guaranteed to get a ticket, which we can't say for certain will be the case.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:48, ChippenhamRed said:

Still reckon it will make general sale 

Have been working in Manchester all week, some of their "fans" were not even aware they were playing us. I think that speaks volumes about their support base

Was on a video conference with one of our South West offices (based in Bristol) still nobody buying

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Zlatan and Pogba back in the Man U squad for this weekend's games - likely one ore two of them will be used in our match? Will they still be getting back to fitness in a month's time?

I reckon every chance Zlatan will play against us.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I saw a little of MOTD on Saturday, enough to see Zlatan come on as sub towards the end of the Manchester game.

I think he would be likely to start against us, perhaps resting Lukaku, if so I think the battle between him and Flint could be one of the the best of the night.

Think he's most likely to start up front for them. Be good to see him come up against a properly world class centre half.

Have to say I'm not overly impressed that you get a randomly assigned position in the queue, I was on the site literally when the the pre queue management started and got assigned 900th in the queue. It can't be that hard to assign people places in a queue as and when they log on in the hour before tickets go live. It's just a good thing I don't have anything to do for the next hour. 

Archived