IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Approx 800 season card holders didn't buy a ticket for this game then

5.2%, or roughly one in 20.  I'd say that's about what you'd expect isn't it? Especially given the time of year and the fact that it is a midweek evening game. Plenty will have holiday booked and paid for, or just not be able to get there.

To have nigh on 95% of ST holders purchase a ticket is probably what the club expected.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Baffling! 

You can only think that was mainly Juvenile tickets, who will not be going and the accompanying adults either don’t know or can’t be bothered with the hassle of buying, then upgrading them, for someone else to have. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Baffling! 

You can only think that was mainly Juvenile tickets, who will not be going and the accompanying adults either don’t know or can’t be bothered with the hassle of buying, then upgrading them, for someone else to have. 

Could quite easily be covered by the fact people are just busy on week days, we rarely ever play Wednesday's so people may organise things. I'm praying I don't get called into placement as it is for the evening. 

2 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

Priority 3 - what do we reckon?  :fingerscrossed:

Picked the wrong year to buy my first bleeding house. 

Group of plastics in work are gonna cheer in the home end if Man U score because they're 'die hard' - even our Gas contingent found that hilariously cringe. 

Wish them luck.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Baffling! 

Might be some ST holders are gambling on other priority groups coming in to play do they can sit together rather than being dotted around the stadium.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Could quite easily be covered by the fact people are just busy on week days, we rarely ever play Wednesday's so people may organise things. I'm praying I don't get called into placement as it is for the evening. 

Perhaps. Of course, there could be a number of reasons, but I can’t believe that anyone wouldn’t move heaven & earth to be at this game, if at all possible. 

It’s not like we’ve been blessed with glamorous cup ties over the last 3 decades. Add that it’s a quarter final to the mix and the first time we’ve played Man Utd in a competitive fixture in a generation. Only a pre booked holiday or serious illness would be keeping me away. Work can usually be changed. 

I forgot to get mine at 10 so just got mine, crunched the availability. 3138 seats available. Most empty blocks are in the Atyeo, Dolman closest to Atyeo, and Landsdown Upper closest to Atyeo. Are people scared of the Mancs?! 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might be some ST holders are gambling on other priority groups coming in to play do they can sit together rather than being dotted around the stadium.

I would very much doubt that!!

It where they sit every game, afterall. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I forgot to get mine at 10 so just got mine, crunched the availability. 3138 seats available. Most empty blocks are in the Atyeo, Dolman closest to Atyeo, and Landsdown Upper closest to Atyeo. Are people scared of the Mancs?! 

I prefer being down the home 'end' of the stadium, more noise generally. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

I prefer being down the home 'end' of the stadium, more noise generally. 

Likewise! I tend to sit in the South Stand (Dolman side), but the availability was crap, so taking the opportunity to go in to the Lansdown for the first time. But we might as well talk about how tough they are! :shifty:

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

W1, W2 and W6 are showing as sold out but suspect they're being held back for whatever reason, so probably closer to 4,000 seats available? I'd be getting nervous if I was a member who hadn't attended any games :whistle:

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

But surely the tickets only "go live" at 10am - so there was no queue to join before that point?

Yes and no.  From about 9.20am, anyone entering the site was redirected to a holding page with a countdown.  Anyone joining the "queue" at any point between 9.20 and 10am was then assigned a random queue position at 10am when the sale started.  So being there from 9.20 was of no more benefit than being there at 9.59 - but anyone entering the site after 10am would have joined the back of the queue.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Perhaps that many people have just gone for the top tier? I know I have on the basis of it not usually being open straight away and I'll normally have tickets booked by the time its open. 

Maybe. But there's loads of tickets in the other blocks - it would be very strange if those two blocks were completely sold out but loads available in the others.

3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Maybe. But there's loads of tickets in the other blocks - it would be very strange if those two blocks were completely sold out but loads available in the others.

Perhaps its filled with Man Utd fans who've got hold of tickets :shutup:

2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Could it be reserved for additional hospitality/corporates/player tickets etc? Or bought up by some of the internet reseller sites J

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

W1, W2 and W6 are showing as sold out but suspect they're being held back for whatever reason, so probably closer to 4,000 seats available? I'd be getting nervous if I was a member who hadn't attended any games :whistle:

If they are members who hadn’t attended any games, then they shouldn’t be getting nervous about missing another one..! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, phantom said:

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I can't speak for the other 798 but I bought mine and my mate's today as we have watched all the cup games from the Lansdown Stand so far and don't particularly like our ST location (having been moved 3 times in 3 years by the club :(). There was no facility to do this last week but I was assured by the ticket office I would definitely still get a ticket if I waited until today. 

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Looks like there ain’t many who have 4 plus. As you can now get on site straight away with no que. reckon it will make piority 3 fairly easy 

Well it has almost been 3 hours so you'd imagine most who wanted a ticket would have one by now. I was 900th in the queue and it took me 20 minutes to get on the site, by that logic you could have had 2700 people in the queue for an hour who could have all bought multiple tickets. But yes I expect there will be some available for priority 3. 

55 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well it has almost been 3 hours so you'd imagine most who wanted a ticket would have one by now. I was 900th in the queue and it took me 20 minutes to get on the site, by that logic you could have had 2700 people in the queue for an hour who could have all bought multiple tickets. But yes I expect there will be some available for priority 3. 

Really? I went on at 10, took 5 mins, and have been going off and on through out the moring to see how busy it is as I have mates awaiting for next Monday and ain’t had to que once

Archived