IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Don't understand that at all. The match will be a sell out, so why bother with the usual staged opening malarkey?

You sure they are not the family blocks? 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Approx 800 season card holders didn't buy a ticket for this game then

Sorry but I'm not sure how you arrive at this figure.

Speaking from a personal point of view I have had no end of people asking if I can get them a ticket, so anybody who was entitled to a ticket in the first allocation would have snapped one up .

I just can't believe that 5% of our most loyal supporters have missed out on our biggest home game for a decade.

8 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Speaking from a personal point of view I have had no end of people asking if I can get them a ticket, so anybody who was entitled to a ticket in the first allocation would have snapped one up .

I just can't believe that 5% of our most loyal supporters have missed out on our biggest home game for a decade.

I’d imagine the fact that the official site said that we now have 15,300 season card holders. Today’s article about phase two, says that we have sold “over 14500” which in practice means anything up to 14600. So between 700 and 800 did not snap up their ticket prior to this morning.

Thats not to say that people won’t buy them. But an extra 30-40 quid just before Xmas might be out of budget for some. 

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d imagine the fact that the official site said that we now have 15,300 season card holders. Today’s article about phase two, says that we have sold “over 14500” which in practice means anything up to 14600. So between 700 and 800 did not snap up their ticket prior to this morning.

Thats not to say that people won’t buy them. But an extra 30-40 quid just before Xmas might be out of budget for some. 

Maybe some are holding on till today to buy theirs along with other family/friends who hit the priority 2 bracket etc.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe some are holding on till today to buy theirs along with other family/friends who hit the priority 2 bracket etc.

Yep, most likely. 

But yeah, that’s how the 800 came up. That said, it’s hardly bad is it?

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yep, most likely. 

But yeah, that’s how the 800 came up. That said, it’s hardly bad is it?

Not at all. There has to be a percentage who can't do midweek/maybe away/can't afford £33 that close to xmas etc. 5% is probably just that..

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

@Abraham Romanovich - @Tom beat me to it - all numbers from our club

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really? I went on at 10, took 5 mins, and have been going off and on through out the moring to see how busy it is as I have mates awaiting for next Monday and ain’t had to que once

You’ve been logging on and off, when you’ve already got your ticket..?!

3 hours ago, Ash the Bash said:

Priority 3 - what do we reckon?  :fingerscrossed:

Picked the wrong year to buy my first bleeding house. 

Group of plastics in work are gonna cheer in the home end if Man U score because they're 'die hard' - even our Gas contingent found that hilariously cringe. 

How did they get tickets? 

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Baffling! 

You can only think that was mainly Juvenile tickets, who will not be going and the accompanying adults either don’t know or can’t be bothered with the hassle of buying, then upgrading them, for someone else to have. 

Not really.

I know of 2 pensioner tickets where the individuals are both currently unwell & unable to go, plus another who struggles with night games because his wife has a medical condition that means she cannot be left without a carer.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not really.

I know of 2 pensioner tickets where the individuals are both currently unwell & unable to go, plus another who struggles with night games because his wife has a medical condition that means she cannot be left without a carer.

Of course there will be some cases, but you don’t think it at all strange that 800 of the clubs core support (not 3) didn’t take up their ticket entitlement for arguably our biggest home  fixture in a generation..? Even if they then gave their ticket to someone else. 

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can anyone tell me what the capacity will be for this one?  How many seats will be wasted with segregation?

I don’t think they’ve said, officially, but reading between the lines plus allowing for “Dead areas” for all of Sky’s cameras then I’d guess anything up to about 1,500 under actual capacity. So I’d expect the crowd to be around 25,500 possibly pushing 26,000. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course there will be some cases, but you don’t think it at all strange that 800 of the clubs core support (not 3) didn’t take up their ticket entitlement for arguably our biggest home  fixture in a generation..? Even if they then gave their ticket to someone else. 

I think you are getting a bit over-excited here. It won't even be the biggest home fixture of this season.  Plus, some of the older chaps have no doubt already seen us play Manchester and wonder what the fuss is about.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

22 places above us, in a cup not a lot of people care about, hardly biggest game for a generation is it?

11 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I think you are getting a bit over-excited here. It won't even be the biggest home fixture of this season.  Plus, some of the older chaps have no doubt already seen us play Manchester and wonder what the fuss is about.

You are familiar with what “a generation” is, yeah..?!

I’m nearly 39, I’ve been watching City for 30 years and I’ve never seen us play Man Utd, in a competitive match and I just missed out on our last major domestic quarter final. 

If course some league games are more important, but not many come bigger than Man Utd at this stage of a cup competition. 

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

22 places above us, in a cup not a lot of people care about, hardly biggest game for a generation is it?

Yes, it absolutely is! Not THE biggest, that was Hull at Wembley, but there haven’t been many bigger, especially at home in cups. 

Man Utd were bothered enough about it last season, to win it..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, it absolutely is! Not THE biggest, that was Hull at Wembley, but there haven’t been many bigger, especially at home in cups. 

Man Utd were bothered enough about it last season, to win it..! 

No one else was and that’s why they won it.

20 minutes ago, RumRed said:

No one else was and that’s why they won it.

Look I hate Man Utd with a passion and despise everything that they represent, but you can’t get away from the fact that that playing them at home, in the quarter final of a major competition, IS a massive fixture. Especially for supporters of a success starved club like ours. 

37 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Playing one of the biggest teams in the world in a quarter final of a cup competition. I would say its a big game.

Archived