IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I know of 2 pensioner tickets where the individuals are both currently unwell & unable to go, plus another who struggles with night games because his wife has a medical condition that means she cannot be left without a carer.

That is a great shame, especially as I daresay, health permitting, they will venture out on a cold Saturday afternoon during the coming winter months to watch some unglamorous league match, swaddled in several layers of clothing, hot flasks in hand and huddled under their rugs etc.  

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course there will be some cases, but you don’t think it at all strange that 800 of the clubs core support (not 3) didn’t take up their ticket entitlement for arguably our biggest home  fixture in a generation..? Even if they then gave their ticket to someone else. 

For logistical reasons amongst others, I shall be unable to attend, but I must say I would be disappointed if an elderly friend or relative of mine was entitled to a ticket and simply declined because they were unable to go, without first offering the ticket to me. I remember the Hull play-off final when a friend of mine got me a ticket, and, despite the result, the long and expensive daytrip from Paris was well worth the effort.

I know the League Cup is not the most important of competitions, but to watch City against Manchester United in a meaningful nevertheless quarter-final, even if they don't play a full strength team, is surely an occcasion not to turn down. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Will clearly be a record for the new stadium.  Last time we had a crowd of that size must have been in the old standing on the terraces.  I can remember 37k and 38k crowds in those days and older folk can remember even bigger.

We sold out and had 25k against Brum last game of last season remember.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are familiar with what “a generation” is, yeah..?!

I’m nearly 39, I’ve been watching City for 30 years and I’ve never seen us play Man Utd, in a competitive match and I just missed out on our last major domestic quarter final. 

If course some league games are more important, but not many come bigger than Man Utd at this stage of a cup competition. 

It's a big, big game of course.  But in a generation (which you have barely lived for half)?  Crystal Palace, Hartlepool, even Swindon a couple of seasons ago were bigger.

I think there will be a bigger game at home this season.   :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

It's a big, big game of course.  But in a generation (which you have barely lived for half)?  Crystal Palace, Hartlepool, even Swindon a couple of seasons ago were bigger.

Ah ok. So you don’t know what a generation is..! ;)

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

OK, using the definition of a generation, did you miss Crystal Palace, Hartlepool and Swindon?  ;)

No, I was at all of those. Huge games, I fully agree. Probably bigger than any cup game. That doesn’t mean that the Man Itd game is not huge. Certainly our biggest cup game. For a generation..!! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are familiar with what “a generation” is, yeah..?!

I’m nearly 39, I’ve been watching City for 30 years and I’ve never seen us play Man Utd, in a competitive match and I just missed out on our last major domestic quarter final. 

If course some league games are more important, but not many come bigger than Man Utd at this stage of a cup competition. 

:blink:

Bradford. - Forest 89 ?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just an iPhone panoramic with a bit of colour adjustment. I’m no photographer but it is amazing how easy it is to take half decent photos with a phone these days.

It’s bloody difficult, if you are at the Mem...! 

12 hours ago, Chivs said:

You can’t actually judge how big a game it is until you know the result. How big would 1994 at Anfield have been if we hadn’t won?

• Admin
15 hours ago, Chivs said:

I think you are getting a bit over-excited here. It won't even be the biggest home fixture of this season.  Plus, some of the older chaps have no doubt already seen us play Manchester and wonder what the fuss is about.

@Chivs To be fair the last time we played them at home was 13th October 1979, thats 38 years ago

Agree with @Bar BS3those who were at that game are going to be in their late 50's / 60's so would say a MASSIVE element of our fanbase will not have experienced us playing Utd before

Archived