IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Impossible to down play this game!!

Man utd at home in the quater final of the league cup?

A club our size doesn't get much bigger games than this.

Exactly, the clamour for tickets indicates that this match has caught the imagination of more than diehard City fans it will be a big ocassion for the City of Bristol with the TV, press coverage.

In the great scheme of things Hartlepool at home was probably more important but not as glamorous

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@Chivs To be fair the last time we played them at home was 13th October 1979, thats 38 years ago

Agree with @Bar BS3those who were at that game are going to be in their late 50's / 60's so would say a MASSIVE element of our fanbase will not have experienced us playing Utd before

Absolutely. I've been going to City games since 1981 and I've never seen us play the likes of Manchester Utd (apart from the Chris Garland testimonial game), Tottenham or Arsenal. These games don't come around often. Beating Liverpool in 1994 was superb. Let's hope for more of the same versus Manchester.

As others have said, priority 3 looks nailed on for availability now and there are still decent seats available in the top tier.  Difficult to predict how many are in the "1+ game group", but I'm starting to think there will probably be tickets remaining for the members-with-no-games group...which opens the door to more United fans I suspect.

If it does make general sale it's going to be a Peter Kay-style bun fight for about 20 tickets I would imagine!

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Dubious theory.  We knew Hull 2008 was a big game before a ball was kicked.  Just a shame one got kicked into our net.

Biggest game was v Portsmouth April 1976 .!!  ....................27,394 attendance and IIRC it was pay on the night.  Turned out to be a good night though..

2 hours ago, Red 90 said:

@42nite City.. I used to have a season ticket for several years before I started playing on Saturday's myself.

Yep, play all you can because you don't half miss it when something comes along and stops you doing so. 

City will always be here waiting for you. (Unlike the Sags).

Good luck with the ticket.

On 20/11/2017 at 20:39, Tom said:

Updated total of tickets available (sans W1 and W2 that might be being held back and currently listed as sold out): 2851 

No I don’t have anything better to do.

Any update from those in the know (who have access to the ticket website for this game!) as to how many tickets left? Are blocks W1 and W2 still held back?

I am looking to take time off work Monday morning if there will still be tickets left come priority 3 level.

45 minutes ago, hantsred said:

Any update from those in the know (who have access to the ticket website for this game!) as to how many tickets left? Are blocks W1 and W2 still held back?

I am looking to take time off work Monday morning if there will still be tickets left come priority 3 level.

Quick glance...still 800 left in Atyeo, 750 in Dolman, 120 in South Stand, 360 in lower West Stand

2 hours ago, hantsred said:

"Rumour" on Tuesday was those blocks are for Hospitality & Guests. The ones who sit every game in the padded seats are going to be up top..... 

13 minutes ago, Super said:

I dont think many want to go in the Atyeo and listen  to United singing for 90mins.

I suppose everyone who has tickets at this stage is a regular, so they will have their preferred area to sit in the usual “Home” seats. 

The Atyeo will fill up with people who are just glad of a ticket, anywhere that they can get one. 

Archived