Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

kivsy

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

It's a tough call to discriminate but necessary I think, even from my perspective. 

City fan since watching Chris Crowe, Alan Skirton et al plying their trade at the Gate, STH for a number of years in Grandstand. Financial restraints - i.e. family, meant money and time not always available for supporting City. 

Been to lots of random games as POTD and only bought my Forever Bristol membership the day of the Leeds game (as I was getting more regular visitor so looking to save cash), but no history on the card........

I guess it's just tough luck but if tickets are not available to me, if anyone has a heart AND a spare ticket, I'm your man, please!

Got no problem with someone paying for a membership, or even better a half season ticket to get themselves a ticket for this match. Longer term gain for the club which matches of this profile should bring.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

After all the shit we have been through over the years, even upto last season then this season and this draw is our just deserves.

Have we really been through 'shit'? No financial trouble really, new stadium, record fees on players..

• Like 2

In a Leeds scenario where a few do get in...

...this game,  type of game something we very rarely get. If any home ends have MU fans cheering goals...it would get quite vicious quite quickly IMO. Different magnitude to Leeds.

Not least because any interlopers for each one would have deprived one true City fan of getting to see such a game!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

I disagree, I've never seen us play a 'giant' and I'm sure they will put out a strong team. Should also be a sellout for the first time ever at the renovated stadium, a rocking atmosphere on a cold December night, a chance of an upset and place in the semi finals... Should be a great game!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, screech said:

Will the stewards outnumber the SS corner for this one.

If some fans didn’t abuse the trust City gave them, there wouldn’t be any need for stewards in the SS  corner

Isn't this the kind of fixture the club have been working towards....

Agree about its going to be nuts hearing about the game for the next 7 weeks 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have we really been through 'shit'? No financial trouble really, new stadium, record fees on players..

OK it's not a Bristol Rovers type of shit but it's still been pretty shit.

Would absolutely love it if we beat them, not even for bragging rights, just so all those smug ***** could have their smiles wiped right off.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Hope STs can buy more than one. If so its yours Scott 

Sorry mate it won't happen. We have 13,000 season tickets so if we all have 2 then there are no seats left.

• Like 1

Bugger! After 40 years with a ST, I didn't bother this summer mainly due to work commitments and we get Utd at home. I was planning on getting a half ST as the commitments will be gone soon but don't expect I will be able to get a ticket for this.

Ah well, that's the risk I took I suppose. :(

• Sad 1

no need to suspend,

Season ticket holders first

Members with the previous ties tickets second

members who brought before tonights draw

general sale

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Snake 1

5 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

When was the last time you watched City play Man U in a competitive game?

I bet at least half of the support have never had that opportunity, it's not as if we play them every week is it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, City Mike said:

Season ticket holders first, then they should open it up to whoever buys the half season ticket. Should get a few more sales.

Season Ticket, then members before half season ticket holders. Technically the half season ticket doesn't start until Boxing Day so you have to give members priority.

On a side note what about members of the Rugby or Basketball. They have same priority as a Bristol City member.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

some one ban this troll

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'm a Bristol fan. Have been since my dad took me in the Landsdown Stand in 2002, great game. If anyone has a spare ticket, please pm. Cheers.  Come on Bristol. Drink up Irene!

So you mean rugby then ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That feeling when you phone your glory hunting brother, whom admits he's a plastic Man U fan (City when Man U aren't playing) and the barsteward doesn't answer...

Announce 5 minute voicemail calling him the aforementioned and giving him stick about not being behind his local club...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Classy from Maid Marian. :grr:

We know all about the bitterness that comes from being the second team in a city...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Fair point OP - Bournemouth away would have been so much better

All I hoped for really was a home tie and chance for an upset.

We've got the chance for the greatest upset of them all and i'm sure our lads are going to up for it like never before. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What a happy chappy, sounds like a right Corbynite to me.

Sounds like someone who could do with a few pints of his profile name!?

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Season Ticket, then members before half season ticket holders. Technically the half season ticket doesn't start until Boxing Day so you have to give members priority.

On a side note what about members of the Rugby or Basketball. They have same priority as a Bristol City member.

hence why members who brought the previous cup ties get 2nd priority after full season ticket holders

• Like 1

WOW!

I cant even remember the last time we got a side like Man U, yes I can it was Liverpool ******* eons ago. This was the best possible draw, you would rather be away at Bournemouth?  Jesus Mary mother of Christ there is no satisfying some fans, if you are a fan, are you a fan?

I smell gas

• Like 6

So we have the chance to play one of the Biggest Teams in the world and you moan? Odd.

I detest Man U always have but the last time we played them i was probably 10 years old during our glory years. Hopefully one day we will get to the prem and these type of fixtures become normal.

Enjoy the draw

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-20-richest-football-clubs-in-the-world-2017-1/#5-manchester-city-3926-million-this-is-the-first-time-manchester-city-have-breached-the-money-league-top-5-abu-dhabi-owned-city-had-their-best-ever-champions-league-run-last-season-after-they-lost-out-to-eventual-winners-real-madrid-in-the-semi-finals-16

Edited by tomo

11 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Do you seriously think the club will need to do much to sell this one out?

16 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Hope STs can buy more than one. If so its yours Scott 

Good idea, let 14k season ticket holders bring a Man Utd supporting mate each and screw the City members who've paid £20 for priority tickets and supported the club their whole life.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

hence why members who brought the previous cup ties get 2nd priority after full season ticket holders

This is getting complicated now, I got a half season ticket and attended the Palace game and Stoke games but wasn't a member.