IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Only debate for me us what is the easiest tie.

Man City and Arsenal sneaked through yesterday, as at the end if the day it is not that important to them. For Lecester, Bournemouth and now W Ham it is most likely their best shot at winning something this year.

No point losing sleep over it I suppose, we get who we get!

Not a bad dilemma to have. I just don't want Bournemouth or Leicester away!

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They didn't exactly look gutted at Full time either. Bigger fish to fry, methinks

Suppose that’s a sign of how far they’ve been come since they won it 10 years ago. Wasn’t too long ago that they’d have loved winning the League Cup. Now they’re dining with Real Madrid and the other big boys.

I'd love a home tie against any one except West Ham. I can't stand it when they get all pissy when they're told to leave their stupid bubble machine at home.

My prediction is a stunning 1-0 win at home to Man Utd in the Quarters. We face Leicester over two legs in the Semi's losing 1-0 at the King Power before playing them off the park to go through 3-2 on aggregate at the Gate.

Then onwards to face Arsenal in the final. Lots of talk about the summer of 76. A sea of red at Wembley and an incredible 1-0 win to send us into Europe.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I'd love a home tie against any one except West Ham. I can't stand it when they get all pissy when they're told to leave their stupid bubble machine at home.

My prediction is a stunning 1-0 win at home to Man Utd in the Quarters. We face Leicester over two legs in the Semi's losing 1-0 at the King Power before playing them off the park to go through 3-2 on aggregate at the Gate.

Then onwards to face Arsenal in the final. Lots of talk about the summer of 76. A sea of red at Wembley and an incredible 1-0 win to send us into Europe.

Steady on, Lee. :clapping:

Id love Utd away as they are more likely to sell out than anyone else as they draw fans from all over Europe even for a tie against unfashionable Bristol City.

West Ham: New stadia

Arsenal: Half empty

Citeh: Half empty but cheap ticket

Chelsea: Read Arsenal

Save myself typing anymore a dicking at home to B'mouth or Leicester!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Sure on sky they said 5pm.

For **** sake, after all the deliberation on this thread and the uncertainty in the media, I thought I had it right based on what I heard on Sky yesterday. Now you've only gone and thrown in up in the air again! Please can Carabao and the FA stop pissing around with the draw time and can it not just follow the final fixture on Sky?!

1 minute ago, fgrsimon said:

Just dreaming... but do you have to win the competition to get into the Europa League or do losing finalists get the spot? Assuming the winners get CL qualification of course.

Have to win it. Changed a few seasons back.

Trying to be realistic, we're either going to get one of the big boys or a team who think this could be their chance of a day out at Wembley. So while I think that if it were played tomorrow we could beat Bournemouth or Leicester, I think I'd want us to cash in our karma chips and get Man Utd or Arsenal. Though as someone else pointed out, Arsenal have struggled to overcome Norwich and Doncaster so maybe that's an easier tie than I give credit for. Whatever happens, I don't want it to become a distraction from the league though 

Archived