IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

What, so stopping kids from going despite them being season ticket holders is a good thing? And has nothing to do with people trying to find a way of getting a ticket for themselves rather than allowing those that go to every home game (at least), the opportunity to carry on going to another home game.

I wonder if people would of been asking for a ban on kids if we had drawn Bournemouth? Or is it just because they’re so desperate to see Man Utd? Because there was no issue with ticketing for the Plymouth, Stoke or Palace cup games which suggests to me that those who are moaning probably ‘didn’t bother’ with those games but they now want to bother because we’ve drawn Man Utd!!

I thought the draw was watching Bristol City not the opposition so why can’t the kids carry on going seeing as they’ve been there to watch Millwall, Bolton & Burton amongst others this season!!

Where did I say that? If you'd read the rest of the thread before spouting off you would see I already addressed that. The "ban the kids" post was one person and it was a ridiculous suggestion. That's why I said "virtually all", not "all".

Evidently the overwhelming consensus is that tickets need to be distributed fairly to ensure City fans get them - the apparent selfishness that Londoner is claiming is limited to a very small minority.

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I keep seeing this ‘people who have never seen City before will get a ticket whereas I’ve been going for years....’ stuff. 

How is that going to happen? Not sure how many season tickets we sold but I’m guessing that’ll account for maybe 12k(?), then Forever Bristol members who by definition, the majority must be getting to a good few games or else what’s the point in the membership?

What’s after that? Straight to general sale or are there other levels of membership?

Surely hardly any, if any, will actually get to general sale? By the time you’ve taken out the away allocation, players and their hoardes of hangers on, corporates, season ticket holders and members, that’s surely going to be about it?

The concern is that many new people will now sign up as members and will have equal priority with existing members who have already been to games. Hence the potential for genuine fans to miss out.

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I keep seeing this ‘people who have never seen City before will get a ticket whereas I’ve been going for years....’ stuff. 

How is that going to happen? Not sure how many season tickets we sold but I’m guessing that’ll account for maybe 12k(?), then Forever Bristol members who by definition, the majority must be getting to a good few games or else what’s the point in the membership?

What’s after that? Straight to general sale or are there other levels of membership?

Surely hardly any, if any, will actually get to general sale? By the time you’ve taken out the away allocation, players and their hoardes of hangers on, corporates, season ticket holders and members, that’s surely going to be about it?

I’d like to think we’ll create some sort of booking history check for the next priority after Forever Bristol. The club should have details of most people’s who’ve bought tickets recently.

13 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

If my MU supporting Yate twerps get tickets I will be ******* livid, even if I get one too.

CITY FANS ONLY

A Man Utd 'supporting' Gas season ticket holder asked me last night if I could get hold of any tickets!

I think I made up 1 or maybe 2 new swearwords during my response, cheeky **** :grr:

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Aiden Flint v Ibrahimovic. Nice!

Im not jizzing myself as the bloke above so elequantly asked us not to, however this is the most exciting cup game since 89 and we have earned a crack at them. Let's make it a bloody good one!!!

He'll have dived before he gets anywhere near Aden. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The concern is that many new people will now sign up as members and will have equal priority with existing members who have already been to games. Hence the potential for genuine fans to miss out.

I would add one thing to this, maybe new members that have purchase history this season? 

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hasnt it always been the case that sc holders get first dibs, then members then general sale if any left.  Why change it?

Manchester fans should be given the whole away end to avoid any revenue loss due to segregation.

The prices could be interesting, too low and revenue will be lost and too high, the club will be accused of ripping fans off. I' expecting circa £30.

We should do right by our fans first. If that means segregation and a few covered seats, so be it. 

We should be celebrating a footy match, not revenue. 

It's laughable that people are talking about plastics, Mancs in the home end etc. The football capacity is about 25,800, take away 4,000 Mancs that leaves 21,800. Take away 14,000 season ticket holders that leaves 7,800 tickets to be sold to the rest of City's membership and those with previous buying history. Unless City fans sell their tickets on then Mancs and plastics ain't getting in the City home end.

If the demand is there for the Utd game, perhaps turn a cinema into an Ashton Gate mark 2 - or some other large venue - with suitable facilities.

I recall when a game was shown in the Whitchurch Sports hall (was it Rotherham or Millwall?) a few years back, and no do doubt it has been done for other matches.

Just make sure the screen is big enough and the image clear enough, oh and plenty of drink and food on hand!

General thoughts?  Is this worthwhile, or completely unnecessary?

• Admin
1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

The twitter feed was calling Chelsea v Bournemouth and City v Man Utd a good 15-20 minutes before the draw, but that could easily just have been leaks from the studio where it was being filmed, seeing the the stream was bust.

There also seems to be a general feeling that draws are fixed to give Man Utd the easiest perceived option.

Gotta love a good conspiracy theory :)

The twitter feed had us playing all the other sides at some point, completely nonsense that anyone could claim the draw to be fixed

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

The twitter feed had us playing all the other sides at some point, completely nonsense that anyone could claim the draw to be fixed

The Chelsea Bournemouth stuff wasn’t just idle gossip. It came from reputable Chelsea fan pages and I’m convinced there was something in that - was too exact.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The Chelsea Bournemouth stuff wasn’t just idle gossip. It came from reputable Chelsea fan pages and I’m convinced there was something in that - was too exact.

just that it was leaked prior to the 'announcement,' not that it was rigged…

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

just that it was leaked prior to the 'announcement,' not that it was rigged…

Yep that’s what I mean. There was clearly a leak from the studio which brings into question the integrity of the draw. ‘Rigged’ is a strong word, but the draw is awfully convenient.. when anything is pre-recorded like that there’ll be questions about the transparency.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If the demand is there for the Utd game, perhaps turn a cinema into an Ashton Gate mark 2 - or some other large venue - with suitable facilities.

I recall when a game was shown in the Whitchurch Sports hall (was it Rotherham or Millwall?) a few years back, and no do doubt it has been done for other matches.

Just make sure the screen is big enough and the image clear enough, oh and plenty of drink and food on hand!

General thoughts?  Is this worthwhile, or completely unnecessary?

I know it's on SKY, but I think it's a great idea. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep that’s what I mean. There was clearly a leak from the studio which brings into question the integrity of the draw. ‘Rigged’ is a strong word, but the draw is awfully convenient.. when anything is pre-recorded like that there’ll be questions about the transparency.

someone will have to get hold of the tapes…:mafia:

2 hours ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

The truth will be known when the next batch of JFK files are released....

That’s what I read as well. I hope they don’t reveal who the washing fairy is as well. 

Im waiting for the semi final draw and see what can go wrong on that one. Has one draw gone error free yet? 

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where did I say that? If you'd read the rest of the thread before spouting off you would see I already addressed that. The "ban the kids" post was one person and it was a ridiculous suggestion. That's why I said "virtually all", not "all".

Evidently the overwhelming consensus is that tickets need to be distributed fairly to ensure City fans get them - the apparent selfishness that Londoner is claiming is limited to a very small minority.

There are other threads, the club haven’t even disclosed how they are going to distribute tickets yet but people are already complaining that membership should be stopped etc, I understand it’s not easy for people to have season tickets but membership is cost effective & gives anyone similar benefits, these people who have season tickets or memberships have paid for the right to have priority in the event of something like this happening & fair play to those who are willing to give the club their hard earned cash.

I wouldn’t expect any season ticket holder or membership members to complain to the club at the end of the season if they didn’t have a game where their priority opportunity didn’t come into affect so why should anyone else moan when they haven’t paid for the priority right?

All money made from this cup run could go towards us evening out the FFP rules & give us the opportunity to improve our playing squad even further which is a massive positive as far as I’m concerned!

And no, I’m not a season ticket holder or membership member & no I’m not bothered about missing out on a ticket because I haven’t paid my money to the club for the privilege of getting the opportunity of getting a ticket.

From a pure profit point of view giving Manure the whole of the Atyeo makes sense. 

However if we want to maximise the opportunity for genuine city fans to get tickets surely consideration should be given to the corner/end of the Atyeo being home fans, as per S82 last season? It may also increase "home advantage" with a smaller percentage of away fans. 

From a group of 8 teams, the chances of us playing Manchester (the Trafford ones) at Ashton Gate were actually 1 in 14. Hardly a long shot.

Not sure why anyone would care about the other fixtures. We'll think about the other teams when we're in the semis.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

There are other threads, the club haven’t even disclosed how they are going to distribute tickets yet but people are already complaining that membership should be stopped etc, I understand it’s not easy for people to have season tickets but membership is cost effective & gives anyone similar benefits, these people who have season tickets or memberships have paid for the right to have priority in the event of something like this happening & fair play to those who are willing to give the club their hard earned cash.

I wouldn’t expect any season ticket holder or membership members to complain to the club at the end of the season if they didn’t have a game where their priority opportunity didn’t come into affect so why should anyone else moan when they haven’t paid for the priority right?

All money made from this cup run could go towards us evening out the FFP rules & give us the opportunity to improve our playing squad even further which is a massive positive as far as I’m concerned!

And no, I’m not a season ticket holder or membership member & no I’m not bothered about missing out on a ticket because I haven’t paid my money to the club for the privilege of getting the opportunity of getting a ticket.

The point you seem to be missing is that the primary concern is non-City fans purchasing memberships after the draw and earning the same priority as existing members. As you say, members have paid for the privelige of priority tickets and that will potentially be compromised if the club does not distinguish between existing members and new ones. A legitimate concern.

Archived