IGNORED

RIP Darren Hawkins. UPDATE: Link to Just giving fundraising page added

HarriboSauce

Unfortunately one of our ex-players, Darren Hawkins, has sadly passed away this morning.

Joined City's academy from a young age and managed to play for the first team a few times. He lived around the corner from me growing up and we used to have a kick around in Oldbury Court.  He came from a great family, had a heart of gold and was a genuine top bloke. 

RIP Darren 

21 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

RIP Darren.

For a moment I got him confused with Nigel Hawkins another youngster but from the 80s instead

Kinnel...so did I. Was only sat chatting and drinking with Nigel on Tuesday after the game. Made my heart jump out my chest. RIP Darren.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not Chris of Hawkins Insulation?

Don't know, mate.

I was about 19 at the time and played up front for the Spotted Cow in Fishponds for a couple of years, sometimes alongside Chris, who was a decent player.

I saw Darren play for the reserves once or twice but only found out later on that he was Chris' son.

Got to know dazzer from manor farm and shaz crusade these last 5 years and told him people don't like you because of your wonderful talent they like you because you're a wonderful person . Whoever he met he enriched. Had his troubles but tried hard .the world's a poorer place without his smile .thoughts to his parents family and friends . U TG

Archived