IGNORED

News under the radar tonight

phantom

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see that the English  rugby league have given approval for a new team to be based in Bristol from the 2019 season, and due to conditions met this side will go straight into the first division... 

I wonder..... 

Have the Gas got Super League ready sprinklers though? :cool:

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see that the English  rugby league have given approval for a new team to be based in Bristol from the 2019 season, and due to conditions met this side will go straight into the first division... 

I wonder..... 

I heard a new 15k stadium going in at UWE and it will host both rugby league and union with bigger games being switched to some local 27k seater near by.........

gasheads picked up on it though. http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10964/rugby-league-mem-uwe

Rugby back at the Mem or the UWE? bristol could host a rugby league club from 2019 after a proposal for Oxford and Gloucestershire All Golds to merge and form a new team in the city was accepted by the Rugby Football League.

Scary thing is mr Lansdown will probably build another stadium just for rugby would not even surprise me at all rugby at uwe scared 

23 minutes ago, 22A said:

gasheads picked up on it though. http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10964/rugby-league-mem-uwe

Rugby back at the Mem or the UWE? bristol could host a rugby league club from 2019 after a proposal for Oxford and Gloucestershire All Golds to merge and form a new team in the city was accepted by the Rugby Football League.

Scary thing is mr Lansdown will probably build another stadium just for rugby would not even surprise me at all rugby at uwe scared 

The RFL have said there is significant investment behind it, which rules out Wael. Unless he can secure the funding with a charge against the pasty hut.

Might be connected to the new academy that is to be built within 3 years (just signed for 2 more years at SG). Rugby league could potentially be played at a small all weather venue like the one that will be required for a new academy. Also could house the basketball.

Basically it could be one massive multisport arena/academy set up.

10 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Three!

I love RL too. Mrs Moose is from Leeds and a proper RL nut and Headingley Southstander. Introduced me to it back in t'day when they didn't have silly names or owt.

I look on jealously whenever t'Rhinaws lift yet more silverware!

Would be great to have local RL games.

Make that 4. Love a bit of Rugby League me, in spite of the fact  I’m Bristol born and bred. 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

I imagine it is Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate - can't see any alternatives - but to be honest Rugby League in the South is never going to attract many.

As many as RFL in the north and then to the west, about 4500 kms west...

'Toronto Wolfpack' - first transatlantic sports team apparently, been active almost as long as Bristol's newest football league team... I suppose Toronto vs. any kind of Bristol sport (deliberate lower case) team would get me attending this side!

21 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Three!

I love RL too. Mrs Moose is from Leeds and a proper RL nut and Headingley Southstander. Introduced me to it back in t'day when they didn't have silly names or owt.

I look on jealously whenever t'Rhinaws lift yet more silverware!

Would be great to have local RL games.

Maybe it would if a club grew organically. 

Having a franchise created with zero history? That's not community sport in any way shape or form.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That's one, so far..

Two - much more exciting game than union for me - would love a RL team under the BS umbrella to go and watch - provided of course fixtures do not clash with the first passion of the mighty reds !!

Archived