IGNORED

I believe we have a game tomorrow

elhombrecito

Yes, the EFL Cup draw is very exciting, and I am of course looking forward to it, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the game is still two months away and we are actually playing a much more important match tomorrow. 

And yes, I am also aware that it is possible to be excited about both the Sunderland and Manchester games simultaneously, but normally the day before a game there's are numerous posts about team selection, form of individual players etc. Currently the first page is 90% Manchester and not a lot else, which does make us seem a tad tinpot. 

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post is (and I'm probably adding to it :laugh:) but I just wanted there to be another post that wasn't about bloody Manchester!! 

So.... What's our predictions for tomorrow? Easy three points or much trickier than it seems on paper? 

Going on their home form, we have to be looking for a win, right?? 

Screenshot_20171027-075941.png

Wow hadn’t realised their home form was quite that bad. Is that no win in 14? I think we will go for the win and I think we will get the win.

Its been a great week for the club (Leeds aside) and with the injury list much better than expected LJ has his options back. Suspect we’ll start with Taylor and Woodrow up front with Đurić coming on late if needed.

Possibly the same formation as against Palace, but then again he may revert to 442 given it is an away game.

What are your predictions @El Hombrecito

Despite their atrocious home form, who wouldn’t be happy with a point?

Obviously no reason we can’t win by we’d still need to be at our best. 

Will be interesting who of Baker, Flint and Wright make the starting lineup as presumably Pisano will start.

Possible lineup? - Fielding, Bryan, Baker, Flint, Pisano, Paterson, Smith, Brownhill, O’Dowda, Reid, Đurić.

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Will be interesting who of Baker, Flint and Wright make the starting lineup as presumably Pisano will start.

Possible lineup? - Fielding, Bryan, Baker, Flint, Pisano, Paterson, Smith, Brownhill, O’Dowda, Reid, Đurić.

I doubt Đurić will start seeing as he was only meant to play 20 mins on Tuesday. 

Other than that the same team with Woodrow 

All of the league matches before and after the next round of the League Cup are much more important . The LC is a welcome distraction for everyone so long as it doesn't cost us points in our quest to build a club that will again be capable if competing in the top tier of English football.

Only then can we lay the ghost of 1982 to rest.

I'm actually quite confident @ExiledAjax (which is normally a bad sign, sorry :blink:).

I was a bit worried after the Leeds result, but the way the team bounced back midweek strengthened my belief in this team.

So yeah I think we'll get all three, though as you say a point would still be a good result even though I'd be slightly disappointed.

It's a sign of how far we've come that a point away to Sunderland would be a bit disappointing :yes:

They haven't won a home game since beating Watford in December last year, in some ways not that surprising a stat bearing in mind how terrible they've been.

However one thing I am stunned by is they haven't even taken the lead in a home game in that time. Such an appalling stat. I mean we've all seen City have lengthy periods of being terrible, but you'd expect to manage to take the lead every now and again. 

Their last home crowd was announced as 26 thousand, but a lot of their fans think the number was much closer to 20 which bearing in mind their form isn't exactly bad, but for Sunderland and the size of the Stadium of Light we will probably be playing in a rather empty ground tomorrow.

They have drawn their last three games though so maybe they are just slightly beginning to turn some sort of corner. And as ever with City playing a team in such awful form a part of me fully expects us to lose.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

We have to play Wright. He and Baker are our best 2 central defenders

Archived