IGNORED

Football Manager 2018

bricej19

I do like the visual look of the game, set out nicely, going to have a play around with the match plans as you can create tactics to be implemented for certain scenarios (scoreline, just after scoring/conceding etc). Flint, Korey and Marlon are the team leaders in the dynamics with Bailey and O'Neil considered very influential players. Bobby also appears to have a good rating a striker which is good to see. 

28 minutes ago, Taz said:

Doh! Thought it was a demo, guess I won't be trying it later...

Let me know what its like :facepalm:

It’s the Beta version for those that have pre-ordered the game, not sure if there’ll be a demo version out, maybe once the game is released properly in about 2 weeks time.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I signed up to the SI forum, got the answer that our spending in the summer was taken into account for the starting budget, the implication but not certain answer being that we should have a better budget the following summer. 

I was just about to say that we have to take into account that all the money we spent in the summer has already been implemented into the game so if they gave us another £5m or so it would of meant our summer budget would be in the £20m region.

In affect we shouldn’t have to sign anyone because this is what LJ has gone with.

I’ve noticed that O’Dowda is also on the transfer list!

19 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gets worse every year. I really can't afford 40 quid on a game that barely changes year to year. Minute details. Also Miles Jacobson is an absolute tit. Stick with 17 til the winter update at least.

I'd say there's more changes in this one by the looks of it than previous versions. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Having said this it appears I'm still as useless at managing City as ever so some things don't change 

I just seem to only score in injury time, beat Burton (league), Gillingham (cup) & drew with Birmingham (league) all with goals in injury time.

I don’t change tactics throughout apart from bringing my subs on with about half hour to go, so it’s not like I suddenly change to all gung-ho tactics or anything.

49 minutes ago, hodge said:

Lost 2-0 to Barnsley, 4-1 to a league one team (thankfully not THAT team) and lost 3-2 to Brum having been 2-0 up. 

Ouch, just drew 1-1 at Brentford but actually managed to score a goal in the first half!!

Not managed to sign anyone apart from some 16 year-old Swedish kid! I just can’t find anyone worth signing.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

Ouch, just drew 1-1 at Brentford but actually managed to score a goal in the first half!!

Not managed to sign anyone apart from some 16 year-old Swedish kid! I just can’t find anyone worth signing.

I'm finding anyone worth signing on loan, by the time the scout is done their report they've gone on loan somewhere else.

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'm finding anyone worth signing on loan, by the time the scout is done their report they've gone on loan somewhere else.

Loan players just seem to be out of my financial reach, I can’t agree the deal with the club if it’s someone who has a pedigree & should improve my team.

And I’ve got to admit, I’m a little disappointed that all the press answers etc seem to be the same as previous years, I thought this was something they could of changed up easily but clearly not, it’s just the same boring questions & answers.

I cannot win a game on this at all...

Beat Millwall 2-1 (Was 1-0 down, they got 2 blokes sent off). I was leading v Wolves, Reading twice (once in cup), Burton, Birmingham, Bolton, Norwich and Villa and lost them all. Just gone bottom. Doesn't matter what formation/tactic/swear words I use I lose!

Signed Diamond who has scored 5 free kicks. I think I'll be stopping until some cleverer people come up with some better tactics that I can use!

30 minutes ago, grifty said:

I cannot win a game on this at all...

Beat Millwall 2-1 (Was 1-0 down, they got 2 blokes sent off). I was leading v Wolves, Reading twice (once in cup), Burton, Birmingham, Bolton, Norwich and Villa and lost them all. Just gone bottom. Doesn't matter what formation/tactic/swear words I use I lose!

Signed Diamond who has scored 5 free kicks. I think I'll be stopping until some cleverer people come up with some better tactics that I can use!

I’m struggling, maybe not quite as bad as yourself (yet) but it’s not going particularly well.

What formation / players are you using?

I’m tending to stick with 4-4-2 & not tending to mess with the players or tactics at all.

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

I reckon my main formation would be;

Fielding

Pisano / Flint / Baker / Bryan

Pack

Brownhill / Smith / Diamande

Reid / Fammy

Who’s Diamande? I can’t find anyone with that name?

You're basically playing the same team as me apart injuries meaning I need to swap players although I do tend to use a flat 4-4-2 & the fact that Magnússon has been moaning about a lack of game time so I’ve played him at left-back with Bryan moving to left-midfield & then I beat 2nd placed Bolton (yes, Bolton in 2nd place!!)

30 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Who’s Diamande? I can’t find anyone with that name?

You're basically playing the same team as me apart injuries meaning I need to swap players although I do tend to use a flat 4-4-2 & the fact that Magnússon has been moaning about a lack of game time so I’ve played him at left-back with Bryan moving to left-midfield & then I beat 2nd placed Bolton (yes, Bolton in 2nd place!!)

The guy who used to play for West Ham - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Diamanti - would have helped if I spelt it right!

I rotate Maggs for Baker and Wright for Flint. Bryan and Pisano just struggle on. I might go for a flat 4-4-2 pushing Bryan up and bringing in Leko as he did well in pre-season.

Archived