IGNORED

Football Manager 2018

bricej19

2nd time this evening the game has crashed on me & I’ve been unable to do anything with my PC apart from restart the whole system!!

Looked at reporting it in the ‘bugs’ section but it looks like I need a degree in Chinese which unfortunately I don’t possess so I won’t / can’t report it!

19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

2nd time this evening the game has crashed on me & I’ve been unable to do anything with my PC apart from restart the whole system!!

Looked at reporting it in the ‘bugs’ section but it looks like I need a degree in Chinese which unfortunately I don’t possess so I won’t / can’t report it!

If you sign up to the Sports Interactive fm forum there's a section on there for bugs. 

I've never played a beta before so quite enjoyed some of the funny bugs during match play.

Away to Birmingham, the camera changed to behind the goal (I think) and all I could see was the roof of the stand and Frank Fielding up the other end of the pitch.

Often when the ref books someone, his yellow/red card will stay suspended in the air in that position until he issues another one and then it stays there

At the end of the match when the players start walking off, the ref legs it off towards the opposite corner flag

When someone takes a corner at Ashton Gate and the camera is positioned in the stand, there is a policemans face at the bottom and he looks SCARY! I'll try and get a screenshot of it next time I see it.

Every kick-off the player swings his leg, nothing happens for a split second and then the ball will then move

When the match is fast-forwarding waiting for the next highlight, all 22 players are on the centre spot jiggling on top of each other

8 hours ago, grifty said:

I've never played a beta before so quite enjoyed some of the funny bugs during match play.

Away to Birmingham, the camera changed to behind the goal (I think) and all I could see was the roof of the stand and Frank Fielding up the other end of the pitch.

Often when the ref books someone, his yellow/red card will stay suspended in the air in that position until he issues another one and then it stays there

At the end of the match when the players start walking off, the ref legs it off towards the opposite corner flag

When someone takes a corner at Ashton Gate and the camera is positioned in the stand, there is a policemans face at the bottom and he looks SCARY! I'll try and get a screenshot of it next time I see it.

Every kick-off the player swings his leg, nothing happens for a split second and then the ball will then move

When the match is fast-forwarding waiting for the next highlight, all 22 players are on the centre spot jiggling on top of each other

I know they said about a certain new feature, but wow, that's a bit much :fear:

Finished my first season last night. Pre-xmas I was battling for automatics then went on a run worse than LJ where I won 2 times from January till the end of the season. Also drew Utd in the cup and lost 1-0. I messed up my save a bit by holidaying between games and it messed up the dynamics and everyone is unhappy. Brownhill, Reid and Eliasson are all stand out players and Vyner did really well at RB rotating with Pisano 

3 hours ago, WRERE said:

Finished my first season last night. Pre-xmas I was battling for automatics then went on a run worse than LJ where I won 2 times from January till the end of the season. Also drew Utd in the cup and lost 1-0. I messed up my save a bit by holidaying between games and it messed up the dynamics and everyone is unhappy. Brownhill, Reid and Eliasson are all stand out players and Vyner did really well at RB rotating with Pisano 

Sack him :fear:

On 29/10/2017 at 21:18, Tipps69 said:

Who’s Diamande? I can’t find anyone with that name?

You're basically playing the same team as me apart injuries meaning I need to swap players although I do tend to use a flat 4-4-2 & the fact that Magnússon has been moaning about a lack of game time so I’ve played him at left-back with Bryan moving to left-midfield & then I beat 2nd placed Bolton (yes, Bolton in 2nd place!!)

OK, I'm getting somewhere now! Started a new game though.

Took your idea of a flat 4-4-2 using JB at left wing. Signed Diamanti again and Demetri Mitchell on loan form Man U as a sub left back.

Just played my friendlies;

4-0 win over u23s

Lost 4-2 to a full strength Man U team and was 1-1 until 70 mins in

2-2 with Burnley and was the better team and 2-0 up

3-0 win over Guernsey - played my 2nd string team

1-0 loss to Ajax, but had Baker sent off after 16 mins!

I set the budget at 500k as we’d done all our business but know that if needed that 500k can be spread to make up a lot more and if needed there’s always something to spend. 

Flint and O’Dowda being transfer listed is a bit of a problem , it’s not something I’ve done just the way the AI is working. Recent form if continues for O’Dowda means i’d be giving him a boost in the next update 

3 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

Been talking to the guys at SI about Flint and O’Dowda - would be appreciated if those that are seeing them transfer listed at the start of the game log it as a bug on their forums as it shouldn’t be happening 

My only issue with logging it as a bug is I’m useless with uploading whatever it is they say they want as evidence, so I just don’t bother. It’s not a massive issue to just take them off the transfer list.

At the moment the game keeps crashing my system & just leaves me with a blank screen, I can’t log the issue because the information they are asking for may as well be in Russian for how much I understand it. And it’s making a pain to play as it just leaves me with a blank screen & I just have to shut my PC down & then I can’t be bothered to play again knowing it’s likely to happen again.

My system is virus free & has plenty of available memory.

I've logged the bug about David Coles not signing which you told me to do on the SI forums and I mentioned about O'Dowda and Flint being transfer listed too. At least they're now aware of the situations and can hopefully be resolved. 

Is there another data update for full release or has it already been locked? 

2 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

Have to remember this is a beta and not the full finished game, there will be problems.

also it’s not just a case of taking them off the transfer list, the AI makes those decisions, it’ll need a tweak to coding.

Okay, I’ve never previously had this problem, I’ve even restarted the game from scratch & adjusted the amount of countries I use etc, got to the first game of the season against Barnsley & crash again!!

Shan’t be playing the Beta again & if I have this issue with the full game I won’t be bothering with FM again.

This isn’t a bash at you btw @BarnzFM, I’m just sharing my experiences on the forum FM thread so others are aware, I don’t expect you to be able to do anything about it.

Looks like now the full game is out it’s stopped my game from crashing but am I the only one struggling to find anyone worth signing?

I’ve just got to the first transfer deadline day & not signed a player or even got close to signing anyone. Am I right in assuming there is no longer a way of looking for transfer listed, loan listed, free transfer listed players anymore (if you can I can’t find how to do it).

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Looks like now the full game is out it’s stopped my game from crashing but am I the only one struggling to find anyone worth signing?

I’ve just got to the first transfer deadline day & not signed a player or even got close to signing anyone. Am I right in assuming there is no longer a way of looking for transfer listed, loan listed, free transfer listed players anymore (if you can I can’t find how to do it).

There is a way, haven't been on it for a week or so and forgotten how. Next time I'm on I'll have a look and post where it is. 

16 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

In case you haven't found out how to do it yet:

Press scouting on the left then players along the top bar, or just press F5. Then you change you search on the right hand side

I’ve now logged my ‘crashing’ issues in the bugs forum of FM, I’ve had the response that it could be various files / programs that my system runs & even the fact that it could be my anti-virus causing this issue!!

The issue has happened again despite deleting the game & reinstalling & restarting the game from scratch, I have never had any issues despite basically using all the same files & programs for previous editions of the game & using the same anti-virus & it’s starting to feel like they are blaming everyone else (and there are lots of other people suffering with similar problems) rather than taking responsibility for the problems themselves!!

I can play every other game I want to play with no issues & can no longer justify wasting my time playing this game when I can’t even get past the middle of September of the first season & this is with me running a more condensed version of the game (less countries / leagues / players) than I used to run!!

That’s at least another 5 hours wasted today & the game is saying 50 hours wasted on this new version, of which I haven’t managed to get beyond September yet!! I just can’t do it anymore & I won’t be doing it until they claim to have a game that actually works!!

Started again and I'm a third through my second season and sitting 10th after missing out on the play off by 2 points after a very poor run. Sold a few players and now have a big budget I didn't really use. Sold Djuric for 5m (thought I ripped Barnsley off but he has 13 in 15 and scored a hat trick vs me) and Diehdou for 8m, and Wright for 2.2. Bought in some Herbie Kane, Sam Johnstone, Zach Clough and some unknown foreigners. 

Retrained Smith to play the Segundo Volante role in CDM and he got 10+ goals last year. Only problem I'm having is defending corners and consistency; tend to smash mid table teams, battle well with top teams but get torn apart by the bottom teams.

I've had a few City saves already this year and Vyner always plays better than Pisano.

I’m done with the game now, after being informed via their forum that my issues might be down to my anti-virus & my set-up, despite never having had issues with any previous editions of the game, I adjusted my anti-virus, I uninstalled & reinstalled the game again & I restarted the game from the start once again!! And this time I didn’t even reach kick-off of the first game of the season before it crashed on me again (another 5 hours wasted pissing about), so now I’ve contacted Steam asking for a refund!!

I’ve lost the will to bother with the franchise anymore & shan’t be bothering with any version of the game again!!

Any advice, Steam are refusing to give me a refund for this pile of steaming turd because I have ‘played’ more than the 2 hours as per their returns policy!!

This is despite not actually having actually reached October 2017 in the game without it crashing & me having to adjust numerous things on my system, uninstalling the game, reinstalling the game & then restarting the game from the very start at least 4 times in 3 days!!

I have reapplied for my refund & informed Steam that I will be seeking instructions from Trading Standards if this is not forthcoming again!!

And I have made SiGames support aware of the situation via my ongoing game issue thread on their support forum!!

What else is there I can do?

8 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Any advice, Steam are refusing to give me a refund for this pile of steaming turd because I have ‘played’ more than the 2 hours as per their returns policy!!

This is despite not actually having actually reached October 2017 in the game without it crashing & me having to adjust numerous things on my system, uninstalling the game, reinstalling the game & then restarting the game from the very start at least 4 times in 3 days!!

I have reapplied for my refund & informed Steam that I will be seeking instructions from Trading Standards if this is not forthcoming again!!

And I have made SiGames support aware of the situation via my ongoing game issue thread on their support forum!!

What else is there I can do?

you are a bit stuffed there I'm sorry to say tipps,

But it could be your anti-virus causing the issues, no programmes always causes AV software issues, it's normally said programmes DRM that shows up as a virus (which is another issue) 

I'd turn of active scanning the software and firewall and start the game, then turn it back on while the game is running, it should solve the problem,

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

you are a bit stuffed there I'm sorry to say tipps,

But it could be your anti-virus causing the issues, no programmes always causes AV software issues, it's normally said programmes DRM that shows up as a virus (which is another issue) 

I'd turn of active scanning the software and firewall and start the game, then turn it back on while the game is running, it should solve the problem,

I’ve adjusted my anti-virus, I’ve uninstalled again, I’ve reinstalled again & I’ve restarted the game again (all for about the 4th time).

I have literally just emailed Trading Standards to see where I stand because surely it’s impossible to not play the game for more than 2 hours when I’ve been trying to resolve the issues that have been ongoing!?!

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’ve adjusted my anti-virus, I’ve uninstalled again, I’ve reinstalled again & I’ve restarted the game again (all for about the 4th time).

I have literally just emailed Trading Standards to see where I stand because surely it’s impossible to not play the game for more than 2 hours when I’ve been trying to resolve the issues that have been ongoing!?!

48 hours after buying hours and 2 hours played are Steam's T&C, a hell of a lot better then it use to be mind you, 

To be honest They have to put a limit on it as it's open to abuse so its understandable, 

29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

48 hours after buying hours and 2 hours played are Steam's T&C, a hell of a lot better then it use to be mind you, 

To be honest They have to put a limit on it as it's open to abuse so its understandable, 

But if I just pulled the plug at the first sign of the crashing I would of been accused of not giving it a chance to be fixed! Having tried the various ‘fixes’ they have suggested, it now looks like I’ve been happily playing for days & it’s taken me beyond their terms for a refund!

So I’m damned if I do & damned if I don’t, aren’t I?!?

And now I’m stuck with a game that I have no confidence in being able to play without it just crashing on me after wasting more hours! I should of just given £28 to a homeless person, at least I would of had some self satisfaction from just giving away the money!!

Archived