IGNORED

Football Manager 2018

bricej19

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have you tried using control as a mentality yet? Even against better sides its very overpowered this year imo

Maybe against Man City wasn't the best trial run of using it :laugh: Looks like my recruitment may actually have some benefit, on my save UK leaving the EU looks like its leading to a quota of English players being required. 

Starting to dig myself out of the whole I was in, was on around 6 points almost half way through the season :ph34r: But still not bottom thanks to Brighton :laugh: Changed back to 442 with Engvall and James Wilson upfront and they started clicked on about 7/8 league goals each now. Currently in a relegation battle with about 4 teams on similar points but I have a goal difference of about 17 worse thanks to my shit run. Signed Magnus Eriksson in January for around £950,000 after convincing the board, only 2 games so far but not so promising. 

Well one thing from relegation, I don't know if its been the same in previous versions of the game as I never got City promoted to the PL before, but wasn't sacked despite getting relegated and also wasn't given the expectation of promotion, in fact the expectation is just top half after being relegated, something I feel with someone like SL in charge of decision making wouldn't be totally out of question if we went straight up and back down again. 

On the transfers front, I didn't get given a reduction in wage budget which helped, I sold Engvall to Fulham (promoted) for £13m and Baker wanted out so £2.5m move to Brighton (relegated) now for the incomings... Phil Foden and Josh Onomah on loan, Lewis Baker £4m, Oliver Norwood - free, Inigo Ruiz de Galaretta - free he's a 26 year old CM from Barcelona B. Cammy Kerr £2m RB from Dundee. Kyle Bartley £1.8m, Scott Dann on loan and the big purchase of the summer was Jarrod Bowen for £9.25m so I broke both the purchasing and selling record in one summer. I'm 11 games in and in 6th place after a first 4 games of Reading, Sunderland, Villa and Brighton. My team now looks like:

Bentley

Kerr .... Dann .... Flint .... CBJ

Galaretta Smith Foden

Bowen ............................ Sessengnon

Wilson

Bench: Betenelli, Bryan, Bartley, (2 of Onomah, Baker or Norwood), Murphy, Diedhiou

Just finished my 6th season and managed to sneak 4th in the Prem with a team made up over under 25s bar one or two.

The key to this was 2 massive centre back signings that hit the ground running. I’ve got a very English theme to my team with LB, RB, MC, AML, AMR and SC all brig English with also 3 or 4 back up players being English. I’ve had two players through the youth intake; an AMC who won European Golden Boy this season and a SC who scored 30 for me and I just broken into the England team at 20 years old.

Just signed a new left and right back, need one more CM and I think I can look to challenge!

I've just got Football Manager 2018 mobile - I've had around 5 of the existing iterations on PC, but realistically would never have the time to play if it wasn't on my mobile (I'll play it most on the train to work!). Is a shame as it's not as in depth, and I love the ability to scout the Icelandic U18's and also fiddle with my training etc.

Only a week in and signed Alessandro Diamanti, as I see others on here have. Now on the hunt for a utility man who can play on both fullback positions. Ideally on loan or a free. Any ideas?

On 12/01/2018 at 12:38, underhanded said:

I've just got Football Manager 2018 mobile - I've had around 5 of the existing iterations on PC, but realistically would never have the time to play if it wasn't on my mobile (I'll play it most on the train to work!). Is a shame as it's not as in depth, and I love the ability to scout the Icelandic U18's and also fiddle with my training etc.

Only a week in and signed Alessandro Diamanti, as I see others on here have. Now on the hunt for a utility man who can play on both fullback positions. Ideally on loan or a free. Any ideas?

Silvio is always a full-back who starts as a free & attracts interest from Cardiff & Villa at the start of the game, looks decent.

Well I'm a few seasons down the line from last update, first season in the championship I lost the play off final to Villa, second season came 8th and almost got sacked and 3rd season I won the play offs, 4th season and first in prem I finished 10th having been top 10 all season bar the first couple of weeks, drifted out of euro cup qualification in the last 2/3 weeks. I've just been given a £99m transfer budget and a £400,000 a week wage budget increase to £1.2m :noexp:

Screenshot_20180201-164509.thumb.png.219cbf3e40c25d2a4e928fc44c1477fd.png

Currently sitting in 4th on FM mobile. Scoring an absolute tonne of goals but I have the 18th worst defence in the league! I have to say, the results are all a bit off, this screenshot also misses off a 3-1 win to me, another 3-3 draw (I've had 3 this season), a 4-2 loss etc. Seems to be a quirk in the AI, but just silly goals in nearly every game? Just beat Boro 1-0 at home, and they're top, so happy with that. Fammy top scorer in the league, and Elliasson has already got 11 assists for me....Flint, Baker and Wright all consistently poor so am looking to get a CB on loan in Jan!

What do you have to do to get on the favoured personal list? I'm currently 7 seasons in, spent 4/7 in the premier league, in my current stretch of 3 in a row the last season saw me finished 6th and qualified for the group stages of the europa league, the season before I was in the semi finals of the league cup and quarter finals last season and semi final of the fa cup. I've been in charge 385 games, which if you look at the clubs records would be the 3rd most games in charge and I have a win percentage of 45% which would be 7th in the all time list.... yet not even making the favoured personal list where as a player who was around 2 seasons has made the icon list. 

After roughly 4 months now, of trying to play the game, I’ve intermittently managed to finish my first season!! And gained promotion to the Premier League!!

I was given £33m to spend in the transfer market & fear I may of wasted the majority of that & having spent £5m on Gumny to solve my right-back issue (I try to build a squad of youngsters & definitely don’t want anyone over 30), he subsequently broke his leg in his first friendly for me & is due to be out for about 6 months!!

Lost my first game 3-1 at home to Southampton & drew my second game away at Tottenham 2-2. 

Into my 3rd season now after winning promotion in my first & just scraping by relegation in my second after I had basically wasted my £33m transfer budget but at the start of my 3rd season I was given £66m to spend & have made some outstanding signings James Wilson (who I had on loan from Man Utd in my two previous seasons) from Man Utd on a free, valued at £13m.

Alen Halilovic, attacking right-midfielder from Hamburg for £2.1m, currently valued at £6.75m with a release clause of £33.5m.

Lincoln, an 18 year-old striker who cost me £9.25m but has scored 7 goals in 5 games & has a release clause of £69m!!

Andreas Pereira, left-midfielder from Man Utd on a free & is currently valued at £14.75m, has a release clause of £46m.

Frederik Ronnow 27 year-old keeper from Brondby on a free, currently valued at £11m with a release clause of £20m.

Nicolas Figal, 24 year-old centre-back from Las Palmas for £2.1m, currently valued at £8m with a release clause of £14.25m.

Robert Gumny, 21 year-old right-back from Lech for £5m currently only valued at £2.6m but missed most of his first season with major injuries, he has a release clause of £38m.

The last 2 players were signed in my 2nd season while only Joe Bryan remains in my first team.

I’m currently 5 league games into the season with a 100% record & top of the table with £13.5m still left in my transfer budget & I’m spending £50k p/w less than my limit of £981k p/w & my facilities have all been upgraded with my stadium being expanded to. Everything is currently very rosey at the virtual Ashton Gate.

I won the Europa league and beat Man City in the European Super Cup and finally made it on the Bristol City favoured personnel list! :laugh: So into 2026/27 season, changed tactics and now using 4231 at home and away the CAM (Foden, who is now on the club legends list) drops back to make a CM three instead. I'm finding transfer wise that a lot of good players come up as free transfers however if you wait to scout them they're already signed, missed out on someone valued £30m to United. Lenin Gianecchini I signed for around £5m is quality 39 in 79 competitive games over 2 seasons. Also in the summer got approached to be England manager as well, so that's a nice little extra to get on with. My champions league group is AC Milan, Porto and Marsaille :noexp:

Anyone know of a decent left-back, one that would sign for a lower Premier League team, not one that is only interested in Champions League etc.

Sessegnon (who’s an attacking left midfielder predominantly) has already moved from Fulham & the only other possible I found was Theo Hernandez at Real Madrid (formerly of Atletico) was willing to join me but chose Juventus! Apart from those two, I’m struggling to find any decent ones that I could possibly move for.

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Anyone know of a decent left-back, one that would sign for a lower Premier League team, not one that is only interested in Champions League etc.

Sessegnon (who’s an attacking left midfielder predominantly) has already moved from Fulham & the only other possible I found was Theo Hernandez at Real Madrid (formerly of Atletico) was willing to join me but chose Juventus! Apart from those two, I’m struggling to find any decent ones that I could possibly move for.

Whats the game year? Fussed about age?

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m 3 years in & would ideally prefer players under 25.

I'm in 2026/27 Gian-Luca Itter turns out to be good, 19 at start of the game so would be about 22 for you, Federico Dimarco would have started at Sion, Faitout Maouassua at Rennes, Toni Lato - Valencia, Guilherme Arana - SLB..... kinda just listed the left backs of the best clubs on my save, but all around the age.

Just a little update from my game, Lincoln has played 27 games for me, scored 21 goals & assisted 15 with 8 MOM! And it’s only February 26th!

He’s now ranked as a ‘wonderkid’, is still only 19 years-old & valued at £23m after I paid £9.25m for him. He is well worth buying!

I’m currently sat 8th in The Premier League.

I signed an Argentinian lad, thought he must of been a game generated player, he’s called Alexis Mac Allister (spelt exactly like that), I assumed it was some Scottish piss take but I’ve actually googled him to see if he’s real & he is!!

I paid £3m for him, in less than a season he’s now worth £7m with a release fee of £44.5m but I’m already negotiating a new contract with a £120m release fee.

He’s a CAM & in my game (in 2020), he’s 21 years-old& is another top signing.

Soooo after 10 years in charge of City on my save I decide to start a new one, this time Liverpool. I spend the majority of my £70m budget on Laporte (£53m or so), get Andre Gomes from Barca for £7.5m and Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli for £27m potentially rising to £39m. Used 4231 with 2 attacking playmakers (Gomes and Can) in CM. I liked the generally British feel to the defence so tried keeping it while trying to improve TAA and Gomez as quickly as possible as I've seen in other saves they can be worth up to £70m each.

Mingolet

Alexander-Arnold .... Gomez ......... Laporte .... Robertson

Gomes .... Can

Salah ............... Firmino ..... Coutinho

Milik/Ings

Generally how I lined up for the first half of the season, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Matip, Moreno. My champions league group was fun, Bayern and Porto to deal with, well 5th game away to Bayern I managed to knock them out of the group, 2 points behind Porto who I had last at home and won to top the group. January was where things got fun, around 2nd in the table a couple of points from the top, Real Madrid pay me £68m for Mane who was on my bench and Barca pay me £57m for Firmino who had 1 goal and 3 assists, with this money I go and buy Sanchez and Ozil from Arsenal (top of the table and they buy Celtic Dembele as a replacement). Also Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax (but injured till at least March, in fact didn't play for the rest of the season). I finish 4th and semi finals of the champions league (4-2 on aggregate by Chelsea) Sanchez with 11 goals and 6 assists in 16 appearances (better than at Arsenal in first half with 31 games).

So summer 2018, I get handed a £100m transfer budget and decided to go spend it on Belotti, Geronimo Rulli, Keiran Tierney, Federico Chiesa and a Brazilian called Arthur (had an agreement to sign him about 3 months earlier but not enough money, when I get him in the summer I have to pay about £60k more a week (£225k), however he's 21, 4 star rated and only cost £12.25m. Also got Jack Wilshere on a free transfer as back up. So my line up now looks like

Rulli

Alexander-Arnold .... Gomez .... Laporte .... Tierney

Gomes .... Arthur

Sanchez ..... Ozil ..... Coutinho

Belotti

I think this season could be fun....

Just finished my 11th season as City, and finished 3rd in the Prem for the 4th year running...

Built a solid young team (oldest regular player is 29, but I have De Bruyne for tutoring). My English striker (came through City youth team) scored 36 in 40 and 26 assists, my other english striker scored 30.

Amazingly, my Under 23's did the double and my under 18s won the league. In the under 23's I have 3 people score 25+ goals and one of them scored 54! and a youth prospect got 51 in the under 18s!

I'm playing a 4-2-4 with wingers aiming to get the ball out wide and low crosses in.

It turned out alright, 3rd in the league and champions league final loss to Barca. Andrea Belotti is a BEAST! 45 in 50 games for the season, but had a record better than a goal a game before his injury that kept him out for about 7 weeks. So Coutinho decided to be a money grabbing **** and said he wanted to join PSG in January, so after the board increased my budget to £78m for Jan and that money.... decided I may as well activate Griezmann's £89m release clause, currently earning £325k pw and his first several games were shite with an average of 6.7, however picked up after that and ended the season with a 7.17 and 6 goals and a few assists so optimistic for this season. Signed Dele Alli as he wanted out at Spurs for around £40m (eyeing as Ozil's long term replacement) and a Brazilian called Talisca. Spurs decided they wanted to buy Lallana off me for £22m so helped with the Alli costs.

Now come summer signed Eric Dier for around £35m, Manuel Locatelli (AC Milan) for £41m could rise to £51m, 21 year old 4 star deep lying playmaker. Patrik Schick from Roma £24.5m, 24 year old 4 star striker who was excellent for Man City in my Bristol City save. Lukas Kolstermann, German RB who I signed purely as back up as I sold Clyne and finally Pedro Neto 19 year old from Braga, £900k only 2 star atm but reckons he'll be 4 star at minimum and still a full blacked out star for a 5th, reckons he's a solid premier league player already but I have a couple, deadline day loan to Bournemouth fell through. Also I have a 17 year old from my academy who I promoted when Milik was 1 game from a clause of me having to pay another £6m, he had a great record in the 23's so thought why not, scored on debut vs Man Utd and netted another prem goal so finished with 2 in 5 so he can stay as 3rd striker for this season. 

Rulli

Alexander-Arnold ..... Dier ..... Laporte .... Robertson

Locatelli .... Keita

Sanchez......................... Ozil ................... Griezmann

Belotti 

Subs: Ward, Gomez, Tierney, Arthur, Alli, Chiesa, Schick

Archived