A Reaction

RaspberryRed

1 minute ago, RaspberryRed said:

Your in the top 6 with a good home record and get tonked 3-0

The sign of a good Manager, Coaches, Team & Squad is the reaction

4-1 win against a Prem side and an Away win at the Stadium of Light

I think that qualifies 

:clap:

What was it LJ said `We haven`t had a punch on the nose yet and it`s how we react when we do`.

Well, now we know.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Agree but we only beat a team who are battling relegation before we get carried away 

True, but we did beat them. Following on from Palace I`m well happy with our reaction after Leeds.

it`s that daft situation of if we`d drawn v Leeds and again today everybody would have been pleased but we actually have one more point.

Funny old game!

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can we stop comparing this season to last season now? Further in the cup beating more impressive opponents, reacted well to losing. Can we just say its now a season of its own rather than drawing parallels to last season.  

Couldn't agree more 

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can we stop comparing this season to last season now? Further in the cup beating more impressive opponents, reacted well to losing. Can we just say its now a season of its own rather than drawing parallels to last season.  

Spot on,Leeds showed us where we actually are in the league,top 10 side and I don't think any of us would be disappointed with that

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Agree but we only beat a team who are battling relegation before we get carried away 

Every team in this league is capable of beating another. That was a real banana fixture today and whilst we wobbled a but, we didn't slip up. Rather than being a touch negative, let's be pleased and be positive.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Exactly the point I made on another thread. The remaining Johnson beaters have just lost their last stick.

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Every team in this league is capable of beating another. That was a real banana fixture today and whilst we wobbled a but, we didn't slip up. Rather than being a touch negative, let's be pleased and be positive.

Wasn't being negative and we are obviously all delighted with the win,it was what we all expected against relegation cannon fodder that's all 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You never heard of mid table obscurity,because they are fighting relegation doesn't mean we are fighting a promotion battle 

So you are willing to put a "battling relegation" label on a team based on their league position after 14 games, but not willing to call us promotion contenders using the same logic?

41 minutes ago, hodge said:

Agree; we look far better in every way this season. While we also had 24 points at this weekend last season (on 29 Oct 2016) before the wheels really came off, we had played one game more, we had already lost 5, and that day we conceded an injury time equaliser at Barnsley to draw 2-2 - something else that didn’t happen today!

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you are willing to put a "battling relegation" label on a team based on their league position after 14 games, but not willing to call us promotion contenders using the same logic?

No I'm putting a label on a Sunderland team that haven't won in almost a year at home and next to nothing away from home as batting relegation. To call us promotion contenders after 14 games is a bit much 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No I'm putting a label on a Sunderland team that haven't won in almost a year at home and next to nothing away from home as batting relegation. To call us promotion contenders after 14 games is a bit much 

Well if you're looking back past this season, we've lost just 5 games in our last 30 in all competitions.

On that basis promotion contenders sounds reasonable to me

Your turn!

Archived