IGNORED

A Reaction

RaspberryRed

I think is too early to say for sure whether we are promotion contenders but the way we responded to our loss to Leeds and prior to this, Birmingham was so impressive.

Leeds...gonna sound odd after a 0-3 loss but I wasn't too impressed by them and 3-0 flattered them.

Yes, we were fairly poor and they were clinical but we had some near misses too... Had we got a goal back at 0-2, whole different ball game.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not sure pointing out we've beaten three PL teams (who selected strong sides) in that time weakens my argument.

Was being sarcastic but never mind,if you honestly think after 14 games City are in a promotion battle then fair play to you,come back to me after 30 games and if we are still top four I will tip my hat to you 

22 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Was being sarcastic but never mind,if you honestly think after 14 games City are in a promotion battle then fair play to you,come back to me after 30 games and if we are still top four I will tip my hat to you 

So following your own logic and to be consistent, Sunderland are not in a relegation battle either, and won't be unless they are still down there after 30 games.

Their fans might disagree I suspect.

35 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Being in the top 10 after 30 games would mean we were still in a promotion battle aiming at a playoff spot.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

it`s that daft situation of if we`d drawn v Leeds and again today everybody would have been pleased but we actually have one more point.

Funny old game!

True. Similarly some people would be happier if City had beaten Burton 3-1 and then drawn 0-0 at Sunderland.

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No they're not at the moment but think you posted it before you saw the facts I posted 

My point being that in post #5 you said they are. Hence my reference to consistency.

Still, Roy Keane did take them from a relegation position to promotion so who knows what might happen?

Archived