IGNORED

Ratings

Dan Robin

An up and down performance in very poor conditions.  Level at half time was fair enough but they were very poor second half and we deserved to win.  Lot of long balls though and not at our best 

Fielding 6 Poor for goal and looked unsure at times especially under crosses. Tough conditions so slightly forgiven.

Wright - 7 - looked assured in both positions and never in any trouble

Flint 7 - missed a clear chance second half but, as with Wright, looked assured

Bryan - 8 - MOTM - made it all look very easy and got forward very well.  Great with and without ball

Pisano - 6 - caught out of position at times

Pack - 5 - gave ball away a lot and missed some tackles.  

Brownhill 7 calm in possession and helped Pack out a lot

COD - 8 excellent display in nearly every area. Covered well, strong runner, good assist.  Missed a chance and that is where he needs to improve

Paterson - 5 i find it is all or nothing with Pato and he was poor today

Reid - 7 - ran his socks off and good goal.  Linked up nicely

Taylor - 5 - offered very little 

Đurić 7 good in the air and scored winner.  Exactly what we needed when he came on 

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Fielding 5

Wright 6

Flint 7

Baker 6

Bryan 6.5

Paterson 5.5

Pack 6

Brownhill 6

O’Dowda 7

Reid 7

Taylor 5

Pisano 6

Smith 7

Đurić 7.5

LJ 8

FF 5? Didn't he make a couple of really important saves? Those saves are just as good as goals in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

FF 5? Didn't he make a couple of really important saves? Those saves are just as good as goals in my opinion. 

Yes but he could have done better - along with the defence - in the action of Sunderland's goal.

That being said...maybe a 5.5 / 6- could be more right. Correction needed. :yes:

Don't think Pack was as bad as you suggest, but was good to see Smith back. I almost feel like Đurić should be pushed up to a 7.5 or 8 too - he just wins every header, and directs them well too. Obviously he's 6'8", but that doesn't automatically mean he'll be dominant in the air. His presence turned the game in our favour, as we had a way to keep the ball up top longer.

20 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Apparently not! 

Horrible conditions and professional performance. Nasty for a keeper with the ball swirling. Their goal should have been cleared long before it went in.

Pack made a couple of awesome tackles and did ok generally. Brownhill and Odowda did well and Taylor ran for nothing for 60 mins.

We win away at Sunderland for the first time in 30 years in terrible conditions and people giving out 5s and 6s on two threads.

At least NTTDS sounded happy on Radio Brizz!

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Apparently not! 

Horrible conditions and professional performance. Nasty for a keeper with the ball swirling. Their goal should have been cleared long before it went in.

Pack made a couple of awesome tackles and did ok generally. Brownhill and Odowda did well and Taylor ran for nothing for 60 mins.

We win away at Sunderland for the first time in 30 years in terrible conditions and people giving out 5s and 6s on two threads.

At least NTTDS sounded happy on Radio Brizz!

nttds sounded pissed ............

Great win, ugly win and a deserved win in poor conditions, thought we played well 2nd half  and got stronger and stronger the longer it went on, comfortably had the best of the chances and ok their home record is dire but this had a classic 'after lord mayors show' look pre match. 

Our defence must be horrible to play against, back four all well drilled,  Flint a beast, midfield got better as game progressed Odowda and Reid (despite getting battered) didn't stop running, Taylor not his game up front but Djoric class.. as someone else said just knew he was going to score that header, surely will start at Fulham. 

LJ great tactics and substitutions, fans excellent didn't stop singing, great passion, it wasn't pretty... but I really enjoyed that.....only man. 'on the piss in Sunderland'... There's some odd characters in this town :laugh: 

Archived